DT\PT Help

stefflynhstefflynh Registered Users Posts: 410
My hair was not behaving this weekend. Had the time Sat, so made a greek yogurt, avacado & honey mask. I applied it to my hair after rinsed with water, wrapped my head in saran wrap & left on for 2 hours. My hair didn't react nicely. i did moisturize after, but gosh, my hair was just awful. Perhaps too much protein or do I need a heavier follow up moisturizer? i just followed up with Tressume Moisturizing...

Not sure if I get the DT\PT thing...grr.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]properties-3 a\b, very fine, medium density, normal porosity, normal elasticity
low poo- GTT, 50\50 or whatever I have at hand
RO- CJBCS, TNVC, Suave Coco
Stylers-FSG & BRHG
PT (twice a week)-CJRM, Ion Reconstructor, SSPT

Comments

• stefflynhstefflynh Registered Users Posts: 410
    Any words of wisdom??
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]properties-3 a\b, very fine, medium density, normal porosity, normal elasticity
    Stylers-FSG & BRHG
  • LavenderCurlsLavenderCurls Registered Users Posts: 1,478 Curl Connoisseur
    Did you check out the big thread on the General Board called "A few tips for newbies and not so newbies too"? Rymorg has lots of good tips for PT/DTs.
    CG-modified since 4/05
    2b/3a and 3b on occasion!
    Products: The hair aisle in my own cabinets. :roll:
    Best definition winner: KCCC
    Best volume winner: LOOB
  • stefflynhstefflynh Registered Users Posts: 410
    Did you check out the big thread on the General Board called "A few tips for newbies and not so newbies too"? Rymorg has lots of good tips for PT/DTs.

For responding. I've had a heck of a time getting specific responses to my questions. I will check out the thread. I just needed some direction, so thank you again!
    Stylers-FSG & BRHG
  • La TanitaLa Tanita Registered Users Posts: 15 Curl Neophyte
    Yup, you probably are protein sensitive.
    You should wash your hair with a shampoo without Sodium Laureth Sulfate (aka "Low Poo") and then use an ultra moisturizing conditioner. By the way, doesn't Tressemme contain silicones?

In the future, try to avoid protein in you hair (avocado, banana, egg, mayo, yogurt and anything with coconut).

Hope that helps.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file