CurlTalk

So I Placed My Orders....

LotsawavesLotsawaves Posts: 8,660Registered Users Curl Neophyte
I ordered Latisse and Retin A from the website RCW recommended. I couldn't believe the Latisse is only $10. My friend is getting hers from her dermo for $80 per bottle. I then ordered joan rivers a good hair day and a good brow day. I can't wait to get them in.
From Michael Berg:

Every person has a unique connection to the Creator that can never be extinguished, and every person has a great soul that can manifest important things in our world. To make a person feel less than they are because of something inside themselves, be it faith, race, or sexual orientation, is the greatest sin of all."

Comments

• dc curlydc curly Posts: 46Registered Users
    I'm curious about the latisse. Please post back with your results. Hope it works great for you.
  • LotsawavesLotsawaves Posts: 8,660Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I will. RCW has been using this for awhile and is getting great results. I got the order website from her.
    From Michael Berg:

Every person has a unique connection to the Creator that can never be extinguished, and every person has a great soul that can manifest important things in our world. To make a person feel less than they are because of something inside themselves, be it faith, race, or sexual orientation, is the greatest sin of all."
  • DEL2CDEL2C Posts: 6,418Registered Users
    Lotsa can you please post the link where you got Latisse? I deleted your PM by accident :oops: at least if it's here everyone else can see it too LOL
    Discovered CG 2007

2C Fia BSL/Thick/Med-Coarse/Low(crown)-Normal Porosity Protein and Oil Sensitive

Link-Spritz & Condish Washing:glasses7:

I'm aCurlJunkieJunky :love4:

My hair LOVES Coconut DESPISES Soap Bars :tongue6:

CJRehab or H&B Fix, Deva NO POO, EO Rose & Cham POO & Condish, CJ CurlFix, CJ Pattern Pusha, CJ CIAB, SS FHG, KCCC, BRHG, AG Mousse Gel, ACV Rinses,Shikakai Conditioning Hair Rinse.
    No problem....

alldaychemist.com

There is a $25 flat shipping fee.
    From Michael Berg:

I just got my latisse and retin-a in. Yea!!! I can't wait to start using it tonight.
    From Michael Berg:

• misspammisspam Posts: 5,318Registered Users
    Lotsa, did you actually have to provide them with a prescription, as per their instructions? I don't have one. I get it directly from my dermatologist. I could get a script if I need one to order from alldaychemist. It sure would be nice to get it cheaper!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    No prescription was needed for either item.
    From Michael Berg:

• misspammisspam Posts: 5,318Registered Users
    Lotsawaves wrote: »
    No prescription was needed for either item.

That's great!

One more question - did you use a standard credit card with no worries?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yes. RCW has been ordering from the site for a while and she hasn't had any problems.
    From Michael Berg:

I'm really liking Joan Rivers Good Hair Day. It took me a couple of tries to get it right. I wasn't using enough. Not only does it make my hair look thicker, but it covers the gray at my hairline. Normally I would be coloring my hair this weekend, but I don't need to. I can save money and time using this product.
    From Michael Berg:

So, it will be 2 weeks since I started using the Latisse. I can't tell a difference until I put on mascara, then BAM! I have long lashes. I'm really loving this stuff. I can't wait to see the end result after 12 weeks. I may have trouble wearing my sunglasses. :glasses7:
    From Michael Berg:

• eche428eche428 Posts: 2,782Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Lotsa,

I just placed an order from alldaychemist for the generic Latisse. How long did it take you to get your order? Do you use it on both upper and lower lashes? Also what about eyebrows?

I'm super excited! I hope it works for me.
    < member since 2006 (no idea where 1969 came from :toothy10:).

[FONT=&quot]Med/high porosity; color treated; med [FONT=&quot]d[/FONT]ensity 2c/3a.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Summer: (high dew point) co-wash [FONT=&quot]& leave-in [/FONT]Matrix Biolage Cleansing Conditioner for Curly Hair[FONT=&quot]. [/FONT]Ouidad Climate Control Heat & Humidity Gel.[/FONT][FONT=&quot] Spring and Fall: (perfect dew point) co-wash & leave-in Curl Junkie Repair Me! or [FONT=&quot]CJ [/FONT]BeautiCurls Strengthening Hair Conditioner; f[FONT=&quot]ollo[/FONT]wed by [FONT=&quot]CJ Pattern Pusha & [/FONT]Curl Queen.[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot] W[/FONT]inter: (low dew point) add in [FONT=&quot]CJ [/FONT]Coffee-Coco Curl Creme Lite[FONT=&quot].[/FONT][/FONT]
    I can't remember exactly, but I probably got it within a week.

I'm using it on both uppers and lowers and my brows.

The commercial doesn't say anything about the lowers, but it shows the lowers getting longer, as well, so I'm assuming they are using it there, as well.

We'll have to report our progress with each other. I'll be 2 weeks ahead of you.
    From Michael Berg:

Sounds good to me. I'm so looking forward to having eyebrows and lower lashes again. I mean I have brows but the inside is thinning so much. I'm the opposite of a unibrow! And I've always had really really sparse lower lashes as an adult.

[FONT=&quot]Med/high porosity; color treated; med [FONT=&quot]d[/FONT]ensity 2c/3a.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Summer: (high dew point) co-wash [FONT=&quot]& leave-in [/FONT]Matrix Biolage Cleansing Conditioner for Curly Hair[FONT=&quot]. [/FONT]Ouidad Climate Control Heat & Humidity Gel.[/FONT][FONT=&quot] Spring and Fall: (perfect dew point) co-wash & leave-in Curl Junkie Repair Me! or [FONT=&quot]CJ [/FONT]BeautiCurls Strengthening Hair Conditioner; f[FONT=&quot]ollo[/FONT]wed by [FONT=&quot]CJ Pattern Pusha & [/FONT]Curl Queen.[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot] W[/FONT]inter: (low dew point) add in [FONT=&quot]CJ [/FONT]Coffee-Coco Curl Creme Lite[FONT=&quot].[/FONT][/FONT]
    Yea, as I've gotten older I have to fill in my brows more. My lower lashes are almost nonexistent and I have/had thin short upper lashes. My friend who has been using latisse for awhile told me she also saw a difference 1st when she put on her mascara. I don't usually wear mascara on my lower lashes for fear it will smudge, but I think I'll try it tmrw.

I'm really excited to see the results after 12 weeks.
    From Michael Berg:

Finally got my shipment today (took forever). Now I have to figure out how to use it. How often do you apply it?

• RedCatWavesRedCatWaves Posts: 31,258Registered Users
    I apply latisse once per day, usually at bedtime, but sometimes in the morning if I've forgotten the night before.

I dispense a half-drop onto a clean surface (I use a tiny mirror) and use a clean eyeliner brush to apply that half-drop to both eyes. I apply to both upper and lower lashes, even though latisse says only to apply to upper lashes.

I should try it on my eyebrows. I have a couple balding areas that could use a little help. I'll report back if I get any brow results.
    Thanks, RCW! I'm really looking forward to having "good" lashes again.

• SpiralliSpiralli Posts: 3,654Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    I am so tempted to try the generic Latisse from ADC. I am concerned about the iris darkening warning for Latisse. Any longtime users see any of that?
    Type: 3b/3c (i), below shoulder length.
    CO wash: A-O GPB LYY, Desert Essence Coconut, Oribe Silverati
    Leave-ins: Curl Junkie Beauti-Curls, KCKT, cno overnight
    Styling: BRHG, MGA Sculpting Gel, A-O Mandarin Magic Gel, LOTD AVG, LALSG, CJ Pattern Pusha
    DT: Curl Junkie Deep Fix, Briogeo Don't Despair Repair!
    Spiralli wrote: »
    I am so tempted to try the generic Latisse from ADC. I am concerned about the iris darkening warning for Latisse. Any longtime users see any of that?

My eyes are still green after 16 months. Even if they turn brown, I'll have no regrets. I'd rather have brown eyes with lashes than bald green eyes.
    It's been a little over 4 weeks and my light green eyes haven't changed. I'm loving the results. I was shopping and having lunch with my daughter today and she asked if I had, had the individual lashes put on. Yea! it's working.

I put it on my lower lashes, too, and of course the eyebrows. I'm not seeing much in the eyebrow area, but I'm going to keep applying. They say it takes 16 weeks for the max results.

I still don't see a difference without mascara. Maybe after 16 weeks.
    From Michael Berg:

I am going to keep an eye on this thread. With my luck, I will be the one in 1000 that has eye color change. I definitely have more sparse lashes than I did a few years ago, so I would considering ordering the generic with my next ADC order.
    Styling: BRHG, MGA Sculpting Gel, A-O Mandarin Magic Gel, LOTD AVG, LALSG, CJ Pattern Pusha
    So, I did my nightly routine and I looked in my magnifying mirror (don't do that too often) and I can see where I am getting new eyebrow hairs. Just so you know, it is working there, also. I wonder if it would work on my head hair.:happy11: I may need to order more.:D
    From Michael Berg:

My eyelashes are so long now. I have to adjust my glasses, so they don't hit. I don't see them getting thicker, just longer.

My eyebrows are getting thicker and darker.
    From Michael Berg:

I love reading about these updates! I am so jealous! Maybe I will get brave enough to try it sometime. The generic Latisse is called Careprost (or maybe I have that product name mixed up with something else)?
    You are right on the generic name. I got mine for $10 a bottle. I'll be ordering more. I haven't seen my friend who is buying latisse for $80 a bottle. It will be interesting to see her reaction. My daughter has already noticed the difference.
    From Michael Berg:

• Robin-in-FLRobin-in-FL Posts: 1,731Registered Users
    I am going to keep an eye on this thread. With my luck, I will be the one in 1000 that has eye color change. I definitely have more sparse lashes than I did a few years ago, so I would considering ordering the generic with my next ADC order.

I think this happened with the higher strength one that is a glaucoma drug, not the latisse? But I think if you have light colored eyes maybe you would see even small changes, so might be risky.
    2c / C / iii (FIA)
    Med-Coarse, LowPorosity, NormalElast (LCLF)

Shoulder-Length now.

Wash: DevaCare Low Poo
    Detangle & Rinseout: Walgreens or Sally's Conditioning Balm (always)
    Leave-in: DevaCare OneC (budget choice is GFTN)
    Style: ReCoil & DevaCare Arc Angel (budget choices are HESMU or Got2BSpikedUp)

Henna!
    The warning about possible permanent iris color change is part of the verbal disclaimer in the Latisse commercials on TV, and in magazines. Maybe I will get some and try it on just my eyebrows. That sounds sort of promising also! :thumbright:

I think this happened with the higher strength one that is a glaucoma drug, not the latisse? But I think if you have light colored eyes maybe you would see even small changes, so might be risky.

My eyes are very light green and there have been no changes. I guess time will tell.
    From Michael Berg:

I wouldn't buy Latisse just for eyebrows. Minoxidil (Rogaine) is more readily available (and in larger quantities...maybe even cheaper) if you want to try a hair-growth product on eyebrows.

Just don't use Rogaine on your eyelashes. It's not safe for eyes.

Leave a Comment