HELP!!! Frizzy Perm Rod Roller Set

tongatonga Posts: 12Registered Users
I am in my third month of transitioning and decided to try a a rod roller set last night. It took me forever to get my hair rolled but I thought it'd be worth it when I woke up this morning but I was sadly mistaken. I washed my hair with sulfate free shampoo by loreal and used the matching the conditioner. I deep conditioned with hair mayonaise by ORS. I procceded to moisten with Palmer's hair oil and used perm repair and phemollient by aveda to set. This combo led to a hot frizzy mess this morning and now I'm about to try it all again using [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Carols-Daughter-Hair-Milk-p-1032.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=Carol's-Daughter-Hair-Milk]hair milk[/buylink] by CD to moisturize and IC gel and Motions foam setting lotion. I also will try putting the end papers on the ends of my hair opposed to placing them on the rollers. Any advice for the future is welcomed. Thanks

Tonga

Comments

• AmazinnaturalAmazinnatural Posts: 755Registered Users
    Hey,
    I had a bad experience with perm rods as well, my hair came out kinda straight-frizz curl. I started using sponge rollers which works a whole lot better on my hair now! Maybe you should try the sponge rollers instead. Good luck!

event.png

Still loving my curls and kinks!
    Products I love:
    Ion Dandruff/Seborrheic Dermatitis Tar Shampoo
    Suave Shea Butter Conditioner
    Biolage Scalp Therapy Shampoo
    Biolage Fortify Therapy Shampoo
    Trader Joe's Tea Tree Tingle Conditioner
    Beautiful Textures Rapid Repair Deep Conditioner
    Shea butter, olive oil, coconut oil, apricot oil, peppermint oil, tea tree oil, and eucalyptus oil
  • your cheezinessyour cheeziness Posts: 38Registered Users
    Did you make sure to let your hair dry all the way! If it was the slightest bit damp, that makes for frizz later. Also, it doesn't mention that you follow up your ORS mayo deep treatment with a moisturizing conditioner or if you used a leave in. These all work wonders for smooth, silky sets.
    Hair Type: Mine!
    BC @ 23 weeks on 7/22/2010
    comicp-vi.jpg
  • tongatonga Posts: 12Registered Users
    Thanks so much for both of your suggestions/feedback. I may try the sponge rollers in the future, I'm sure they're way more comfy to sleep in. But for now I am bent on getting this rod set right, so I will try a third time and follow up my DC with a moisturizing cond. and use a leave in. My moisturizing cond is audrey's and my leave in is by jane carter, if you have suggestions for a better choice I'm open to suggestions. So Friday night I will do my third do-over and get better results, hopefully.
  • AmazinnaturalAmazinnatural Posts: 755Registered Users
    tonga wrote: »
    Thanks so much for both of your suggestions/feedback. I may try the sponge rollers in the future, I'm sure they're way more comfy to sleep in. But for now I am bent on getting this rod set right, so I will try a third time and follow up my DC with a moisturizing cond. and use a leave in. My moisturizing cond is audrey's and my leave in is by jane carter, if you have suggestions for a better choice I'm open to suggestions. So Friday night I will do my third do-over and get better results, hopefully.

Well good luck with your do-over, do use those wax paper covers to but over your perm-rods, this may be the problem with the frizz. I know when I used the perm rods I did not use the rod papers. Also you may want to try using a different sized perm-rod.

event.png

Still loving my curls and kinks!
    Products I love:
    Ion Dandruff/Seborrheic Dermatitis Tar Shampoo
    Suave Shea Butter Conditioner
    Biolage Scalp Therapy Shampoo
    Biolage Fortify Therapy Shampoo
    Trader Joe's Tea Tree Tingle Conditioner
    Beautiful Textures Rapid Repair Deep Conditioner
    Shea butter, olive oil, coconut oil, apricot oil, peppermint oil, tea tree oil, and eucalyptus oil
  • your cheezinessyour cheeziness Posts: 38Registered Users
    tonga wrote: »

You'll get it. Different tweaks for different head. Just keep at it. Then you'll be coaching others soon enough!
    Hair Type: Mine!
    BC @ 23 weeks on 7/22/2010
    comicp-vi.jpg

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file