Two months transitioning: please help me figure out my hair type :D

GabyRM915GabyRM915 Posts: 21Registered Users
Hi, I'm Gaby and I'm 18.
My last relaxer was May 15th,2010, and since then I haven't used any heat styling at all, I airdry it after detangling and setting it in braids. :thumbup: I've been using the Tightly Curly method ever since, I bought Teri's book and her methods are great.
I have about an inch and a half of new growth. I'm having a hard time figuring out my hair type, I know it varies throughout my head, so it's hard to figure out :/. I'm guessing it's mostly 3c, but I need a second opinion.
I love my new growth, it's so shiny, curly and pretty and I can't wait to be natural!:blob2:
Here are the pics:
My part after I wet and smooth over it with a little conditioner:
2010-07-18114438.jpg
My left front edge ( I have a seperate picture because my right side is different). The curls here are very coily, like 4a? Maybe lol
2010-07-18114553.jpg
My right front edges (the curls are bigger):
2010-07-18114734.jpg
A random spot in my crown that I opened up:
2010-07-18114854.jpg
What the hair in the back of my head looks like:
2010-07-18115619.jpg
The hair behind my ear:
2010-07-18115912.jpg

I also have a question, how do you find your line of demarcation when you hair is wet? I ask because one time I was washing my hair and there was a point of my hair where it was harder to comb through, but I'm not sure that was my line of demarcation...could it be lack of moisture in that particular area?
Thanks guys!
Gaby:tongue1:

event.png

event.png

Cleanser:Tresemme Curl Moisturizing Shampoo
Conditioner: Herbal Essences Hello Hydration
Deep Treatment: DevaCurl Heaven in Hair (weekly)
Style: Moroccan Oil Curl Control Cream

soft, thick, shiny kinky curly 3c! :flower:

Comments

• honeybrown1976honeybrown1976 Posts: 84Registered Users
    Wait for a more growth (e.g. six months worth). The relaxer can fool you into thinking you're one type when you may be another. Give it some time. Don't focus on type too much. Just focus on healthy hair care.
    HGs: Oyin Handmade Hair Dew; EVOO; Coconut Oil; Jessicurl Deep Conditioning Treatment

event.png
  • blessedhimeblessedhime Posts: 1,458Registered Users
    I agree with honeybrown. To tell your true hair type, you'll have to BC since the relax ends usually weigh down curls making them wavier than they are naturally. Give it some time, take care of your hair and focus on healthy growth. :sunny:
    Blessed Princess Diamante, High Archivist of the Thrifty Trinitarians in the Order of the Curly Crusaders
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Last Relaxer: July 31st, 2008
    BC: 14th August, 2009
    Favourite Product Line: None at the moment
    HGs: Amla, brahmi, maka, neem, hibiscus and fenugreek powders.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • GabyRM915GabyRM915 Posts: 21Registered Users
    Oh I see..well I'm glad, because I was dissapointed that my new growth wasn't curling enough, now I know why! :D

Thanks guys:nemo:
    Gaby:tongue1:

event.png

event.png

Cleanser:Tresemme Curl Moisturizing Shampoo
    Conditioner: Herbal Essences Hello Hydration
    Deep Treatment: DevaCurl Heaven in Hair (weekly)
    Style: Moroccan Oil Curl Control Cream

soft, thick, shiny kinky curly 3c! :flower:
  • smurks0731smurks0731 Posts: 1Registered Users
    Honeybrown..the timeline is soo cute! It covers the shoe fetish and everything.lol

This month makes my 5th month since my last relaxer. I have uber thick hair. My curls are finally starting to show. But I have a lot of straight ends especially in the front. I did not do the BC. I just cut a little at a time. I too am confused about my hair type, maybe... (3c/4a/4b).
    I stay focussed by reviewing posts, youtube vids & articles.
  • LovingMyOwnSkinLovingMyOwnSkin Posts: 5Registered Users
    I was also going to ask the same question deja vu! I am also well almost two months in my transition as well I have some curls but not too much for me to tell my type, so I will keep going to about another 6 months

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file