Purchasing QoD gold products on ebay

freemayofreemayo Registered Users Posts: 53
I came across a couple sellers on ebay that sell the Qod brand in sample sizes. They transfer the product to generic 8 oz. containers. I was wondering if anyone here has any experience with buying from these types of sellers.

It seems like it would be a whole lot cheaper than buying a full size 33 oz. bottle. But then, who knows what they would actually put in that generic 8 oz. bottle. I know the QoD company doesn't authorize any distributors, according to their website, so who knows.

Has anyone here bought the QoD brand in smaller sample sizes through ebay? Has anyone bought the smaller sample sizes specifically from the ebay sellers 3stepskeratintreatment or keratintoday or keratin4u? How did it go?

Comments

• pumkinpumkin Registered Users Posts: 39
    i did that. i bought the 4 ounce size. it worked good, i had no problems,but...
    according to the qod website they do not distribute to individual people and would not have their product sold in generic bottles. also it said that they do not sell to regular individuals just hair professionals .. and the girl i got it from from ebay said she was a qod distributor so im not sure what to believe.
    but it worked, so i do not know that it matters where it came from as long as it is cheaper and works..
  • grantswansongrantswanson Registered Users Posts: 39
    she probably distributes QOD products without their permission haha. i'm about to do the same thing, i think i'll try keratin4you.
    Naturally soft but dull, mixed porosity, doesn't like heavy protein, but does like heavy oil and butters.

Currently only use a sudsy shampoo 3x a week
    Homemade oil blend
    Kevin murphy motion lotion (need something else)
  • pumkinpumkin Registered Users Posts: 39
    that is the seller i used. :)
  • ~Ghost Poster~~Ghost Poster~ Registered Users Posts: 2,264
    keratin4u is reputable--I've purchased from them, not samples, but a full-size bottle.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]d575b15bb0aa40deb59950570e3268e7.gif
    Baby fine, honey & caramel hilites, 4a/3c now 2b w/DIY BKT & LOVIN' it.
    Cowash-V05 Extra Body
    L'oreal EP Moisture-Rinse-out
    JFLVM
    BRHG mix w/
    KCCC/KCKT (winter)
    Clean-smelling-hair freak washes EOD; dry w/bowl diffuser
    Cassia+henna+grays=Gold-red hilites :love1:
    ~That you don't share my experiences/opinions doesn't invalidate them :wink:
    I wondered if it tasted like a hot dog. ~Phoenix
  • DimePiece17DimePiece17 Registered Users Posts: 521
    I can't seem to find it
    Beauty Tips for the Budgetista?
    Check me out on Youtube, Tumblr, FB, and Twitter!
    DimepieceonaDime-FB PAGE, Youtube Channel, and Tumblr
    Dimefabulous-Twitter name
    http://dimepieceonadime.tumblr.com/
  • grantswansongrantswanson Registered Users Posts: 39
    Hairguru17 wrote: »
    I can't seem to find it

they mostly sell qod. i thin its still there.
    Naturally soft but dull, mixed porosity, doesn't like heavy protein, but does like heavy oil and butters.

Currently only use a sudsy shampoo 3x a week
    Homemade oil blend
    Kevin murphy motion lotion (need something else)
  • Shrub MonkeyShrub Monkey Registered Users Posts: 21
    I almost brought on of these off ebay too but i read somewhere that the wholesale bottles of this stuff being sold on amazon are fakes aswell so if this is where these people are buying their product there could be anything in them.
    No way of telling the content unless someone gets the product tested in a lab.
  • tdc1978tdc1978 Registered Users Posts: 29
    I was looking for keratin4u and the person doesn't seem to be on ebay anymore. I saw a site with a similar name, I wonder if it is the same person. I really want to try, but don't want to spend too much.
  • DimePiece17DimePiece17 Registered Users Posts: 521
    If you look for selller keratintoday and read any of the item descritions you'll see that the name of the company is keratin 4 u.

We are authorized distributors of QOD COSMETIC. We import the items directly from the manufacturer in Brazil.

Under this link http://www.qod.com.br/novosite/Empresa.aspx you will find information that states we are GENUINE authorized distributors. Our company name is Keratin 4 U. Send us any questions or concerns before you purchase the product.

i purchased my 4 ounce sample and it arrived in 3 days. I sent an email to [email protected] today and recieved a response in less than one hour.

I'm actually wary of the fact that this product is manufactured in brazil, who knows what kind of government regulation they have over there, but whatever. I plan to do my treatment in 2 weeks.
    Beauty Tips for the Budgetista?
    Check me out on Youtube, Tumblr, FB, and Twitter!
    DimepieceonaDime-FB PAGE, Youtube Channel, and Tumblr
    Dimefabulous-Twitter name
    http://dimepieceonadime.tumblr.com/
  • mizlismizlis Registered Users Posts: 2
    Hey there girls. So I came across this forum while searching for info on QOD Gold and thought I would share my experience. I bought a 5oz sample on eBay from 3stepskeratin. They had a high customer rating and great feedback about the QOD products they sold being authentic so I felt more calm ordering from them. I received the product and finally tried it out last night on myself. It smells like bananas so you can use that as a way to check for an authentic QOD Gold product. I have type 2b hair which is highlighted, LONG and can be easily styled but gets frizzy at times. Although its a bit flat because of the karatin product right now, it looks great already! It's a bit tough to work into the hair myself although it dries up quickly (I was applying the product on one half of my head and the other half had pretty much dried up with the product on it cutting down on the blowdry time.) My advice is to really wash your hair with the clarifying shampoo to get it squeaky clean, dry the hair completely and then carefully apply the product with a brush and use a fine tooth comb to spread it out on the section of hair so you don't use too much product and waste it. When you dry it with the product in your hair (the step right before you iron) try not to run the brush through it too much so you won't run the product down to the ends and take it off the top. Make sure to concentrate on the ironing though as thats the key step. Note that my hair was super heavy while the product was hot and stayed weird and kind of stiff after blowdrying, but once you iron it in and it cools off a bit you can see the major difference as the greasiness dissipated and left my hair smooth and shiny. Try 3stepskeratin on eBay because they sold me a genuine product, I can't wait to wash this out!! :) Also, for anyone out there, did you leave the QOD gold on for 48 or 72 hours? :color:
  • ~Ghost Poster~~Ghost Poster~ Registered Users Posts: 2,264
    mizlis wrote: »
    Hey there girls. So I came across this forum while searching for info on QOD Gold and thought I would share my experience. I bought a 5oz sample on eBay from 3stepskeratin. They had a high customer rating and great feedback about the QOD products they sold being authentic so I felt more calm ordering from them. I received the product and finally tried it out last night on myself. It smells like bananas so you can use that as a way to check for an authentic QOD Gold product. I have type 2b hair which is highlighted, LONG and can be easily styled but gets frizzy at times. Although its a bit flat because of the karatin product right now, it looks great already! It's a bit tough to work into the hair myself although it dries up quickly (I was applying the product on one half of my head and the other half had pretty much dried up with the product on it cutting down on the blowdry time.) My advice is to really wash your hair with the clarifying shampoo to get it squeaky clean, dry the hair completely and then carefully apply the product with a brush and use a fine tooth comb to spread it out on the section of hair so you don't use too much product and waste it. When you dry it with the product in your hair (the step right before you iron) try not to run the brush through it too much so you won't run the product down to the ends and take it off the top. Make sure to concentrate on the ironing though as thats the key step. Note that my hair was super heavy while the product was hot and stayed weird and kind of stiff after blowdrying, but once you iron it in and it cools off a bit you can see the major difference as the greasiness dissipated and left my hair smooth and shiny. Try 3stepskeratin on eBay because they sold me a genuine product, I can't wait to wash this out!! :) Also, for anyone out there, did you leave the QOD gold on for 48 or 72 hours? :color:

I left the Gold on for only 48 hours twice and no problem. I think you can probably do the same with Max, too. I like that Gold penetrates better than Max, though the results are indistinguishable from each other.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]d575b15bb0aa40deb59950570e3268e7.gif
    Baby fine, honey & caramel hilites, 4a/3c now 2b w/DIY BKT & LOVIN' it.
    Cowash-V05 Extra Body
    L'oreal EP Moisture-Rinse-out
    JFLVM
    BRHG mix w/
    KCCC/KCKT (winter)
    Clean-smelling-hair freak washes EOD; dry w/bowl diffuser
    Cassia+henna+grays=Gold-red hilites :love1:
    ~That you don't share my experiences/opinions doesn't invalidate them :wink:
    I wondered if it tasted like a hot dog. ~Phoenix
  • keratin4ukeratin4u Registered Users Posts: 31
    Hi everyone

I am the owner of Keratin4u and we are authorized distributors of QOD products.
    There are many keratin treatments in the market today and we understand that at times can be confusing. In Brazil the treatments have to be approved by Anvisa which is the Brazilian FDA before it can go for sale. Any questions feel free to ask and we will gladly answer all your questions. Our Ebay id is Keratintoday.
  • mizlismizlis Registered Users Posts: 2
    I had a friend order from keratin4u and she was very satisfied so that's a vote for them also! :)
  • tdc1978tdc1978 Registered Users Posts: 29
    I bought some from keratintoday and applied it Friday morning. I will wash it out tomorrow and post pix of my results.
  • KRiosKRios Registered Users Posts: 1
    Dear people that commented in this post a year ago and probably won't see this,
    Do your research and you'll be fine. I did mine, bought a sample size of QOD max off of ebay, and my hair is amazinggg.. No offense, but who cares who is authorized or not; as long as you get the item as described. And if you don't, theres plenty of ways to get your money back if somebody tries to scam you.

Now my question is,
    Does anybody know where to get a sample size at this time??? Apparently the seller i got it from on ebay no longer sells it.... :/

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file