Tangles

sweety10189110sweety10189110 Posts: 129Registered Users Curl Neophyte
Ok for all those curlies/wavies who manage to get 2nd day hair, how do you keep it tangle free? By the end of the day my hair is alittle tangled and by the next morning it is a tangle mess and I have to either put it up in a messy pony tail or wet and condition it to get it tangle free again. I just picked up a satin cap from my step mom so I'm hoping that will help with the tangles that are caused while I'm sleeping but what do I do with my hair during the day to keep it from getting tangly?
Mod CG since 4/10
Products being used ATM
Wash: KCCC, CJDF, AOGPB
Rinseout:: Tresemme Naturals
Moisturizing and Volume, Yes to Cucumbers
LI: Giovanni DLI, KCKT
DT: CJH&BDF, CJCR
Every Day Stylers: KCCC, AOMM, Biotera Curl Cream, CJCCCC-Lite, CJCIAB, CJCQ, LALGs

Comments

• amberdmamberdm Posts: 37Registered Users
    I've read on the forums that many people use the Slip detangler from [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Curly-Hair-Solutions-Curl-Keeper-p-28.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=curly-hair-solutions-curl-keeper]Curl Keeper[/buylink]. Personally, I haven't tried it so I don't know how it works. My hair tangles easily too. I just try to comb them out with my fingers on the 2nd and 3rd day. Most of the time my 3rd day hair goes up in a pony or a twist!
    -Amber, SC
    type 2b/c, thick and wavy; modified CG routine; use a low-poo 2 or 3 times a week and cone free conditioner; currently
    experimenting with different types of products

• plunkybugplunkybug Posts: 2,526Registered Users
    I don't do anything. I haven't really figured out what to do other than wash and style everyday, but I'm too lazy to do that so I live with the tangles and frizz. I could finger comb, but that loosens everything, and then I have an overwhelming urge to comb or brush after, so I just try not to go there. That said, I do pineapple at night, so that probably helps some.

Lady Caiside, Noble Lushetarian and Wavy Wayfarer of Mugglswick, in the Order of the Curly Crusaders

2b-3a Fii, porous and low elasticity

Currently using a variety of products, and looking for that magic combo

Hair bio: http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/showpost.php?p=1252125&postcount=59

• erin_merin_m Posts: 64Registered Users
    Usually I've got lots of tangles in the morning, but last night I did a variant of the pineapple (3 sections ponytailed, then pulled into 1) and it was less tangled than normal. Plus it had some nice volume in it. Might be worth a shot for you.
    Mostly 2B with some 2C on a good day, M/Ciii
    Shoulder length, and I use permanent hair color.
    Started modified CG 6-20-10
    Conditioners: Suave Naturals, Garnier Triple Nutrition

Low poo: L'Oreal Everpure
    Styling: The Body Shop's Cottonseed Curl Boost, HESMU (winter), LALSG and LALCG (summer),
    Hair hates: magnesium sulfate (extremely drying!), glycerin in the winter.
  • CurlyMomCurlyMom Posts: 334Registered Users
    Satin pillowcase???
    2c/3a/3b Fine/med texture, normal porosity, normal elasticity
  • stefflynhstefflynh Posts: 410Registered Users
    I pineapple at night, but usually at least wet my hair every night due to my workouts (water wash & condish for the most part). Anyway, I alway apply more condish underneath. My hair is fine, so I need extra in that area especially since it's longer.

Even on my 2nd hair day though...I spray a little filtered water & it seems to reactivate everything, including the condish.

I'm going to get satin pillowcases soon, but i will say my thread count is 450 & I do think that helps...plus I'm a sound sleeper so no tossing & turning:)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]properties-3 a\b, very fine, medium density, normal porosity, normal elasticity
    low poo- GTT, 50\50 or whatever I have at hand
    RO- CJBCS, TNVC, Suave Coco
    Stylers-FSG & BRHG
    PT (twice a week)-CJRM, Ion Reconstructor, SSPT
  • sweety10189110sweety10189110 Posts: 129Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Awesome thanks for the advice :)
    Mod CG since 4/10
    Products being used ATM
    Wash: KCCC, CJDF, AOGPB
    Rinseout:: Tresemme Naturals
    Moisturizing and Volume, Yes to Cucumbers
    LI: Giovanni DLI, KCKT
    DT: CJH&BDF, CJCR
    Every Day Stylers: KCCC, AOMM, Biotera Curl Cream, CJCCCC-Lite, CJCIAB, CJCQ, LALGs

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file