is my hair starting to fall so soon?

eli :]eli :] Posts: 10Registered Users
i had been watching youtube videos and reading blogs about people growing out their hair. some of the posts and videos talked about when your hair would fall. some people said that it took them YEARS for their hair to fall. however, i've only been fully natural for a month now and my hair is starting to fall. it's not really growing out into an afro anymore, its starting to somewhat sink. i was used to teh front and the back growing out like that already but not the sides and the hair at the crown is doing the same thing.

is this strange? how do you know when your hair is supposed to fall? what is going on with your hair that it does fall? does it have to do with the products you use? is it because i brush my hair out that it alters the curl pattern?

Last Relaxer: June 24.2009
Transition Period: 11mon., 10 days
BC: June 10.2010
Hair Type: 2c patch in the front, 3b on the sides and in the back, 3c in the crown
Current Length: 4-5in unstretched.
Current Goal Length: SL unstretched.
Currently Using: herbal essence none of youre frizzness shampoo and conditioner, shea butter, fx curls up, eco styler olive oil gel
Future Staple Products: shea butter, jojoba oil, kccc, giovani leave in conditioner, proclaim styling gel

:happy2:

Comments

• EllyEllyOxenFreeEllyEllyOxenFree Posts: 6,446Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Well, when someone's hair falls or not really depends more on the length rather than how long they have been natural. I see in your siggy that you transitioned for almost a year, so you already have a good amount of growth! :) It's not strange!

Some people BC and have an inch of hair, so it is going to take much longer for their hair to get to that stage, if ever.

Also, using gel and heavier products will weigh your hair down. Why do you brush your hair out? Do you have a picture?
    BC'ed: 26 Dec 09
    YouTube
    Grand Duchess Fierce Freckles, Mistress of the Mighty Snap and Doyenne of the Potent Products Pavane in the Order of the Curly Crusaders
  • eli :]eli :] Posts: 10Registered Users
    i don't use a lot of gel in my hair unless i'm pulling it back. and i use a paddle brush on my hair when i'm detangling it, but i detangle my hair often. i'm wondering if that has anything to do with it falling. no pictures yet, i'm still trying to get around to that :]

Last Relaxer: June 24.2009
    Transition Period: 11mon., 10 days
    BC: June 10.2010
    Hair Type: 2c patch in the front, 3b on the sides and in the back, 3c in the crown
    Current Length: 4-5in unstretched.
    Current Goal Length: SL unstretched.
    Currently Using: herbal essence none of youre frizzness shampoo and conditioner, shea butter, fx curls up, eco styler olive oil gel
    Future Staple Products: shea butter, jojoba oil, kccc, giovani leave in conditioner, proclaim styling gel

:happy2:
  • labellainblacklabellainblack Posts: 11Registered Users
    http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/showthread.php?t=61482

I found at post that might help you out with some question. Even though 4b might not be your hair type, a lot of your question are answered in this post.
    HTH! :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file