Hello Wavies!

heidiheidi Posts: 243Registered Users
After looking at tons of photos and reading all the hair typing methods/info I'm pretty sure I'm a wavy and not a curly. (Although I've been called curly all my life)
I did the Curly Girl routine several years ago after reading the book and really liked the results. But I got lazy and went back to the old sulfate shampoos again. I'm looking for products that will allow for a more simplified routine this time around and so far so good ;-) Co-washing seems to be enough to keep my hair feeling nice and clean this time. I needed frequent baking soda & vinegar rinses to feel clean last time.
I've never used any styling aids (gels, mousse, dryers, irons etc.) so I'm kind of lost in the sea of options but have been testing out a few things I've read about here. I'm liking the Aubrey Organics line so far and picked up some HETT mousse over the weekend to try out. I'll be making a silk case for my pillow this week too ;-)

My hair before: 6-24-2-1.jpgsecond_day_hair-1-1.jpgAnd today: after three weeks CG (second day hair too BTW)
I've already learned a lot since finding NC.com a few weeks ago and look forward to gleaning more great information from my fellow wavies!
Medium-fine Texture, Normal Porosity, Normal Elasticity, Thick Density
Co-wash: Renpure Body&Shine
RO: Kenra Moisturizing Conditioner
LI/Curl Enhancer: Kenra Moisturizing Conditioner
Other: I'll add a little AG Mousse Gel if I want something extra.

Comments

• B-wavyB-wavy Posts: 1,733Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Wait a minute. You get hair like that (and it's second day hair???) without using any styling aids? I'm thinking you should just keep doing what you're doing because your hair is amazing. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

And welcome! :wave:

(I want your hair)
  • justajesuschickjustajesuschick Posts: 1,657Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Your hair is gorgeous!! I am just a couple of weeks in and you encourage me!!
    I agree, though! I'd stick with what you are doing since your hair looks so healthy!
    I got a silk pillowcase and it has made a nice difference! You will love that!
    I'm 47. Straight hair until 6/2010. THANKS, thyroid!
    2b, medium-fine, normal-low porosity, medium density and elasticity
    CG since 7/1/2010

Cleanse: Abba Color Protect
    Condition: DevaCurl OC
    LI: CJ-Deep Fix, Beauticurls LI
    Curl Enhancer: CHS Curl Keeper, KCCC
    Gel: Alba Strong Hold Gel, BRHG, Hugo Naturals Gel, SS FHG, CJPP
    Trying/Maybe: Ecostyler, CJRM
  • plunkybugplunkybug Posts: 2,526Registered Users
    Looking good! Keep it up! If you want a styler that's natural, try making some flax seed gel. I suggest just getting a small amount from the bulk bins to try it first, though if you get a bigger bag, you can add them to things like oatmeal or cereal. But seriously, you've got it going good, so like they said, if it ain't broke...

Lady Caiside, Noble Lushetarian and Wavy Wayfarer of Mugglswick, in the Order of the Curly Crusaders

2b-3a Fii, porous and low elasticity

Currently using a variety of products, and looking for that magic combo

Hair bio: http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/showpost.php?p=1252125&postcount=59

• kathymackkathymack Posts: 9,999Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I probably started out where you are--winter wavy/summer curly and no styling products. First I added gel (which I no longer use) and then went on to all the rest. It depends where you want to go with your hair and how you want to "investigate" your curl potential.
    3a (Corkicelli), highlighted, fine, low porosity
    SE PA

HGs: Anything Sevi; Curly Kinks Satin Roots, Curlycue ReNew and Coil Jam; homemade FSG and okra gel; soap bars; UFD Curly Magic; Botanical Spirits Jellies, CJ Repair Me, Aloe Fix
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • heidiheidi Posts: 243Registered Users
    Thanks everyone! :wave:

I'm testing out the AOMM jelly today to see what it does. I co-washed with Suave, used AOHR as a rinse out and then scrunched in the gel. Its still drying so I don't know what the final result will be yet but I'm seeing some ringlets :thumbright:

Kathymack, I'd love to have more curl so I'll keep playing around with various products and see what happens. :toothy7:I doubt I'll ever be a "3" with my hair long, but you never know.

P.S. I didn't like the way it looked after drying so I spritzed with water and scrunched in some MOP C-curl. Looks much better now.P1010006-1-2.jpg
    Medium-fine Texture, Normal Porosity, Normal Elasticity, Thick Density
    Co-wash: Renpure Body&Shine
    RO: Kenra Moisturizing Conditioner
    LI/Curl Enhancer: Kenra Moisturizing Conditioner
    Other: I'll add a little AG Mousse Gel if I want something extra.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file