A Hair Disaster? HELP?! };

HerAFROness96HerAFROness96 Posts: 9Registered Users
Ughh, so I decided to do a hot oil treatmeant with Softee Indian Hemp Hair Treatment, only to find out after I lathered it in my hair and sat under the dryer that the first ingridient was Petrolatum!!! It really took out a lot of my curls! Some have come back but there very loose and I don't like it at all!! It's been a day after using it and I'm really confused and worried about my hair, it's not very long because it's only been a month of my being natural; today I co-washed it, I really should have used shampoo but its too late now, I'm going to shampoo tomorrow and see what happens. How long will it take for the hot oil treatment to wear off? :O I'm really worried and don't know what to do next, it's too soft and my curls are like gone for the most part, I want them back! I have 4b/4c hair. Is there ANY way of fixing this?

( the hot oil treatment it was in grease form, and actual was meant for just massaging the scalp)

Please help.!

Comments

• AmazinnaturalAmazinnatural Posts: 755Registered Users
    HerAFROness96: I reccommend you shampoo your hair really really good. Follow up with a conditioner that enhances your curls, also use a deep condition! Hopefully that will help you out!
    Next time when you do a hot oil treatment I reccommend and all organic hot oil treatment:
    here is one I use:
    organic olive oil, with coconut oil this will soften your hair and moisturize it!:thumbright:

event.png

Still loving my curls and kinks!
    Products I love:
    Ion Dandruff/Seborrheic Dermatitis Tar Shampoo
    Suave Shea Butter Conditioner
    Biolage Scalp Therapy Shampoo
    Biolage Fortify Therapy Shampoo
    Trader Joe's Tea Tree Tingle Conditioner
    Beautiful Textures Rapid Repair Deep Conditioner
    Shea butter, olive oil, coconut oil, apricot oil, peppermint oil, tea tree oil, and eucalyptus oil
  • DreeemingTreeeDreeemingTreee Posts: 57Registered Users
    Coconut Oil and Olive Oil are the only 2 oils that really penetrate into the hair shaft, too. Other oils just coat the hair shaft.

I would clarify with baking soda paste, cowash, deep condition, then do an ACV rinse. I would then use some coconut oil, and leave that on overnight.
    CG since 04/10 and loving it!
    2b/3a (I think?!)
    Cowash: V05 Kiwi, Suave Naturals Coconut,
    Rinse out: Deva One C, GNTN
    Leave In: KCKT
    Stylers: KCCC, FOTE Aloe, AG Re:Coil, BRHG
    SOTC: Deva Set it Free, MOP Glisten high shine pomade, Coconut Oil
  • msdimsdi Posts: 35Registered Users
    Hey Sweetie,

I feel your pain with these bad products. The best thing you can do is buy a clarifying shampoo. clarifying shampoos are made to take all that residue off without stripping your hair. The only non-natural one I recommend is Neutrogena. For 100% natural products, you will need to look for a apple cider or lemon based shampoo. Actually, if you do not mind the smelling a little like vinegar you can do a vinegar rinse with a little lemon juice. If their is an Indian grocery store nearby you can do a herbal was with neem, alma and brahmi. As another young lady suggested, make sure you use a really good conditioner to rehydrate and protect your hair after you wash out all the petroleum.
  • HerAFROness96HerAFROness96 Posts: 9Registered Users
    msdi wrote: »
    Hey Sweetie,

I feel your pain with these bad products. The best thing you can do is buy a clarifying shampoo. clarifying shampoos are made to take all that residue off without stripping your hair. The only non-natural one I recommend is Neutrogena. For 100% natural products, you will need to look for a apple cider or lemon based shampoo. Actually, if you do not mind the smelling a little like vinegar you can do a vinegar rinse with a little lemon juice. If their is an Indian grocery store nearby you can do a herbal was with neem, alma and brahmi. As another young lady suggested, make sure you use a really good conditioner to rehydrate and protect your hair after you wash out all the petroleum.

Thank you (and everyone else) for replying.!(: I gots it under control now, these suggestions really helped though.!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file