I want my curls back. Any advice?

Pompom2Pompom2 Registered Users Posts: 2
I wanted something to tame my tight curls. My cosmotologist girlfriend talked me into doing the Matrix Optismooth Heat method. That was over a year ago. I loved it in the beginning. Very smooth, easy to care for, tameable, no damage, healthy looking.
Now I want the curl back. I have about 5 months regrowth (which my hair is very slow growing so that means about 3-4 inches). I flatiron my roots but anyone have any ideas?
Does that curling shampoo do anything or is there such a thing?
Someone told me I cant do a perm because my hair would literally break off.

Comments

• JuicyTubeJuicyTube Registered Users Posts: 2,369
    You might want to post this on the transitioning boards. But I heard from many people that Wash N Curl shampoos don't work.
    3b-3c CG
  • GiveMeABMWGiveMeABMW Registered Users Posts: 219
    I am in the exact same position as you, except I have 8 months since my thermal reconditioning and only 4 inches of new hair. I have alternated between flat ironing both the curly and straight parts and using a curling iron, but I haven't had much success reproducing my natural curls. I really want to just cut off all of the straight hair, but I'm afraid I wouldn't look so good with short curly hair (I had a traumatic hair cut at age 9 that gave me a "bowl" on my head).

I too have thought about getting a perm, but you're right, it would just make the hair break right off.

Please post if you get any ideas!
    What's working this week:
    Shower: Garnier 3x Nutrition shampoo 1x per week, cowash with Tres Semme Naturals, condition with
    GF Sleek and Shine deep conditioner
    Styling: Tres Semme Naturals as leave in, L'Oreal Melting gel and HE SMU raked in, LOOB and AG Re:Coil scrunched in, Jojoba Oil scrunched in when totally dry
    :toothy4: 3B

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file