Chlorine and black hair...

saronbellasaronbella Registered Users Posts: 70
I used to have off black 3c curls that were dyed dark brown and then highlighted blonde/light brown with bleach.As it started to grow out, I decided that I did not want to continue with the light hair color because it wrecked ahvoc on my hair so I dyed my hair with Bigen haircolor (which is powder and water) to cover up everything.My hair is now an indigo/black,which I love.I have recently decided to join a gym with a pool and I was wondering if daily swimming would affect my haircolor?

Comments

• TranspogueTranspogue Registered Users Posts: 31
    It will not cause a big effect, as it does on blonde and lighter hair. What it might do is cause a bit of dullness and a lot of dryness, but your color is too dark for there to be a very noticible change. A good tip is to coat your hair with a leave-on conditioner before you go in the water. Better yet, top it all off with a swim cap. :)
    3A fine, growing out from a mohawk
    As of 1/07:
    Top 7"
    Sides 3.5"
    JC Aloeba, TooShea (1x wk.), Cleansing Cream (1-2x wk.), RR, CCSS, Kenra Volume Spray, Joico JoiWhip
    Want a rockin' curly cut?
    East 42nd St. Salon
    http://www.e42salon.com
  • afrochickafrochick Registered Users Posts: 235
    after a while, the color does start to fade, especially if you dont take care of your hair

ive been swimming for almost 3 years and i used to have black hair but now its dark brown. it probably wont be that noticeable though . just make sure your hair gets enough moisture and put in a deep conditioner under you swim cap.
    3c/4a, hooray!

Beloved Products:
    Condish:Naturelle Grow Herbal Blends (Deep Treatment), Garnier length and strength
    Cleansers:Bee Mine Moisturizing Botanicals Shampoo, Jessicurl Gentle Lather Shampoo
    Style:Darcy's Botanicals Sweet Cocoa Bean Moisturizing Hair Whip, Aussie Instant Freeze Gel

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file