CurlTalk

Best lip balm you have used (aside from Chapstick)

moodydovemoodydove Posts: 1,721Registered Users
What's the best lip balm you've used that wasn't Chapstick? I really like the Burt's Bees pomegranate thing, but I need to put it under something with more wax in it. Thanks!
Big chop: 5/30/10
CG, clarify with Aveda Brilliant Shampoo when needed
Dense, medium-fine strands, lowish porosity. Avoiding glycerin outside the shower.
Cowash:Suave Coconut Conditioner.
Leave in: YtCucumbers and EVOO
Styling Products: Flaxseed gel, Phillip B Soft Hold Gel, KMF Upper Management Gel
DC: Doctored GVP or Suave conditioner
Cleanser: Bentonite clay

Comments

• irociroc Posts: 7,890Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I like Burts Bees Honey. And good ol Carmex.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • murrrcatmurrrcat Posts: 9,596Registered Users
    hmmmmmmm

4138826001.jpg

so far this, I love lip balms and trying new ones (lip balms = me a product junkie also nail polish haha) but I can't try any or use any of the new ones I bought yet, until my cold sore is officially gone. hahaha. I've been using q-tips to use that one.
    tumblr_mji9u1Fwza1rh1wv4o1_500.jpg
  • sarina32sarina32 Posts: 200Registered Users
    Body Shop Hemp lip balm, closely followed by Body Shop Shea Butter lip balm (both in tubes not the lip butter pots).

The Cocoa Butter and Vitamin E ones are ok too but the Hemp one is awesome and the Shea Butter is really good as well.
    Ontario, Canada
    3a/3b - fine texture/high porosity
    CURRENT LINE-UP:
    experimenting....
    Others: CLU towel, Mebco comb, occasional diffuser
  • RedCatWavesRedCatWaves Posts: 31,258Registered Users
    Pharmaceutical grade lanolin. Nothing moisturizes lips (or nips) like lanolin.

lanolin_L.jpg
  • misspammisspam Posts: 5,318Registered Users
    RCW - You recommended the Lansinoh brand lanolin on another thread. I absolutely love it. I brought it on vacation to combat the dry air on the airplane as well as from the sun, salt water, and wind. It saved my lips. Thank you! :tweety:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • RedCatWavesRedCatWaves Posts: 31,258Registered Users
    misspam wrote: »
    RCW - You recommended the Lansinoh brand lanolin on another thread. I absolutely love it. I brought it on vacation to combat the dry air on the airplane as well as from the sun, salt water, and wind. It saved my lips. Thank you! :tweety:

Welcome :)

The other good thing about lanolin is that you use so little that it lasts a very long time. One $10 tube will probably last the rest of your life (provided you don't lose it, of course).
  • MagooMagoo Posts: 2,173Registered Users
    Oooh, I got quite a few tubes of the Lansinoh as gifts after my son was born. There's no way I'm gonna go through all those tubes just on my boobies. I was thinking about using it as lip balm or even as cuticle cream. It's good to know it works for those things too.
    3b/c fine, thick, porous, protein sensitive
    Modified CG, CJ Rehab, JCWDT, KCKT, VO5 Chamomile Tea Therapy, CJDF, HEBE Gel/Mousse, Bioinfusion Rosemary Mint shampoo, occasional protein

Experimenting with BRHG

"If you want the rainbow, you've gotta put up with the rain"
  • sharon5152sharon5152 Posts: 207Registered Users
    my favorite is the honey vanilla lip balm by aubrey organics. you can usually get it at vitamin shoppe, or online at the AO website.
    3a/b
    Wash: CJ Daily Fix, KM shampoo bars, Giovanni 50:50 Clarifying
    Co-wash/Condish: Curls Coconut Sublime Moisturizing Conditioner
    LI & Styling: KBB milk, CJ Beauticurls LI, CJ Coffee-Coco Curl Lite cream, CJ CIAB
    DT: CJ Hibiscus & Banana Deep Fix, Shea Butter

/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fpublic.fotki.com%2Fsharon5152%2F" class="Popup
  • curlygirlcurlygirl Posts: 11Registered Users
    I love the Burt Bees Pomegrante one too. I like their lip glosses too.
    Tara
  • RRRR Posts: 147Registered Users
    Aquaphor

It comes in little tubes now. It is the only thing that works for me, although I'm thinking of trying RCW's lip/nip recommendation. =)
  • DreeemingTreeeDreeemingTreee Posts: 57Registered Users
    We use the Lansinoh, too! Especially in the winter...not just on lips, but on dry skin patches, and even inside the nostrils at night.

Burts Bees Pom is a fave, as well as Kiss My Face pineapple coconut lip balm.

I am currently in love with a pot of lip balm I got at my local farmers market. The only ingredients are honey, sweet almond oil, and beeswax.
    CG since 04/10 and loving it!
    2b/3a (I think?!)
    Cowash: V05 Kiwi, Suave Naturals Coconut,
    Rinse out: Deva One C, GNTN
    Leave In: KCKT
    Stylers: KCCC, FOTE Aloe, AG Re:Coil, BRHG
    SOTC: Deva Set it Free, MOP Glisten high shine pomade, Coconut Oil
  • lazy loopslazy loops Posts: 8,792Registered Users
    ~
  • abstractcurlsabstractcurls Posts: 380Registered Users
    I really like essential wholesale (any of them) or texas naturally supplies (any of them). They are cheap and you can sent and/or flavor them any way you want. I have add a little container of EW vegan lip blam for like 6 months and barely made a dent in it.
  • jfr24601jfr24601 Posts: 8Registered Users
    Hi Sharon, It's off topic but I wanted to let you know since we both live in Houston that I found a haircare line
    that has really helped me with all this humidity we've been experiancing. Seeing how defined your curls are the time we had coffee-you may not need anything new. But
    if you do, Ill be happy to tell you more.
  • CurlyinColoradoCurlyinColorado Posts: 3,093Registered Users
    I adore lip stuff. My current fav is eco~lips in grape.
    2b/3a.
  • kathymackkathymack Posts: 9,999Registered Users
    I just got turned on to this:

/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.evolutionofsmooth.com%2Fstore%2Findex.php%2F" class="Popup

Lots of drugstores carry it, but you have to order online to get the SPF ones.
    3a (Corkicelli), highlighted, fine, low porosity
    SE PA

HGs: Anything Sevi; Curly Kinks Satin Roots, Curlycue ReNew and Coil Jam; homemade FSG and okra gel; soap bars; UFD Curly Magic; Botanical Spirits Jellies, CJ Repair Me, Aloe Fix
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • moodydovemoodydove Posts: 1,721Registered Users
    kathymack wrote: »

/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.evolutionofsmooth.com%2Fstore%2Findex.php%2F" class="Popup

The eggs! When I checked this thread, I was wondering if anyone would mention them.
    Dense, medium-fine strands, lowish porosity. Avoiding glycerin outside the shower.
    Styling Products: Flaxseed gel, Phillip B Soft Hold Gel, KMF Upper Management Gel
  • kathymackkathymack Posts: 9,999Registered Users
    moodydove wrote: »

The eggs! When I checked this thread, I was wondering if anyone would mention them.

Can't take credit for them, FrizzBgone told me about them.
    3a (Corkicelli), highlighted, fine, low porosity
    SE PA

HGs: Anything Sevi; Curly Kinks Satin Roots, Curlycue ReNew and Coil Jam; homemade FSG and okra gel; soap bars; UFD Curly Magic; Botanical Spirits Jellies, CJ Repair Me, Aloe Fix
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • curlykeycurlykey Posts: 1,540Registered Users

I saw these mentioned in a magazine and have been looking for them!!! Thanks for the link!! :thumbright:
    $5 off first order at iherb use code KEY066
    ~
  • automaticflowersautomaticflowers Posts: 3,465Registered Users
    I just got the Summer Fruit version of that "egg" shaped lip balm. It's not bad. :) It doesn't feel waxy like ChapStick, it's pretty moisturizing for a while and fun to apply, but so far I can't tell if it lasts longer than any other regular lip balm.

It does make your lips look soft and smooth, though, IME, even if they're a little chapped-looking when you put it on.
  • curlykeycurlykey Posts: 1,540Registered Users
    I found some of the EOS lip balm at my Walgreens today!!! They only carry the summer fruit one though. It looks like the website has a cheap flat rate, under $3 for shipping which is great. If I can't find any other flavors locally, I think I'll order a few. So far I'm loving this lip balm!! :thumbright:
    $5 off first order at iherb use code KEY066
  • pretebrowneyespretebrowneyes Posts: 248Registered Users
    Smith's Rosebud Salve
    Nivea
    MAC TLC
    *MopTop Maven Healthy Hair Challenge 2011*:wave:

PrePoo- EVOO
    LowPoo- Dr. Bronner's peppermint soap bar
    Shampoo- ORS Creamy Aloe
    Clarifying poo- Suave Daily Clarifying shampoo
    DC- GVP Conditioning Balm
    PT- GVP K-Pak reconstructor
    Leave in- Giovanni Direct leave-in *with kimmaytube recipe*
    Moisturizer- water+aloe vera juice+castor oil+jojoba oil spritz
    Sealant- jojoba oil
  • moodydovemoodydove Posts: 1,721Registered Users
    lazy loops wrote: »
    Whole Foods Market
    Gardeners by Upper Canada Lemon & Honey
    Bee Kissed Shea Butter - Sally Beauty Supply
    Badger Lavender & Orange, & Mocha Cocoa
    AVON Dew Kiss
    Chapstick 100% Naturals
    Bubble & Bee Peppermint & Cocoa
    The Body Shop Cocoa Butter
    Burt's Bees Honey & Replenishing
    Dr Bronner's All-One Organic
    free range chicken poop
    Aquafina

I picked up the three pack of Aquafina today, and it came with lip oil. The stuff rocks. =)
    ~
  • JustPeachyJustPeachy Posts: 2Registered Users
    I like the Victoria secret lip balm in 'love' It gives a really nice pinkish color. but I'm running out and have switched to NIVEA kiss of moisture, pretty nice, goes on silky smooth & makes my lips so soft.
  • anonymous_29030anonymous_29030 Posts: 619Registered Users
    moodydove wrote: »
    What's the best lip balm you've used that wasn't Chapstick? I really like the Burt's Bees pomegranate thing, but I need to put it under something with more wax in it. Thanks!

Used to love Body Shop Honey Stick but don't think they carry it anymore in Canada (last I checked).

Like the Biotherm Aqua..? whatnot. In pink tube. Still on the lookout for something better though.
    ~
  • *Marah**Marah* Posts: 8,032Registered Users
    Palmer's Cocoa Butter Swivel Stick with Vitamin E.

It's not really a "lip balm" per se. But I use it as such.

2nd Choice is my back up Burt's Bee's Replenishing Lip Balm with Pomegranate Oil.
    tumblr_m9jonzYZmu1re7hjjo1_250.jpg
  • SophieZamboSophieZambo Posts: 1Registered Users
    What flavors do you recommend for the egg shaped lip balms??