what is a clarifying shampoo?

kayla218kayla218 Posts: 18Registered Users
what does a clarifying shampoo do for your hair? If you do use one...what brand do you recommend?

Comments

• DimePiece17DimePiece17 Posts: 521Registered Users
    9 bucks for a big bottle and you can buy it at target, and my local walmart carries it too! it's all natural!

Clarifying shampoos remove all the excess build up which can happen if you use a lot of product in your hair. Helps you start with a clean slate, and the all natural ones are good because they don't strip your hair. Good luck!
    Beauty Tips for the Budgetista?
    Check me out on Youtube, Tumblr, FB, and Twitter!
    DimepieceonaDime-FB PAGE, Youtube Channel, and Tumblr
    Dimefabulous-Twitter name
    http://dimepieceonadime.tumblr.com/
  • VersaceCrazyVersaceCrazy Posts: 662Registered Users
    Giovanni Tea Tree didn't work for my hair...it stripped my hair for sure....made it super dry and a tangly mess.

I like Jessicurl's Shampoo ..it cleanses and clarifies but doesn't strip it.
    http://members.fotki.com/Versacecrazy/

CURL JUNKIE ZOMBIE !!!:tshirt:
  • 3c4d7zwhatevs3c4d7zwhatevs Posts: 1,589Registered Users
    Or, you can just buy a cheap shampoo with sultaes and wash with it. The idea is just to dissolve buildup. Sulfates will do that. Make sure you DC after.

Also, if you want to go all natural Giovanni makes a clarifying shampoo (Golden Wheat? something or other) as does Aubrey Organics. Find them at a health food store. They are relatively inexpensive.
    4a/3c curls
    Fine strands, not as densely-placed as I would like
    Ayurvedic herbs are the TRUTH
    Team Wash and Go!
    iHerb code:UYA010 - get 5% off your first purchase
  • Afro KittenAfro Kitten Posts: 28Registered Users
    I use Suave naturals when I clarify.
  • kayla218kayla218 Posts: 18Registered Users
    sagehen wrote: »
    Or, you can just buy a cheap shampoo with sultaes and wash with it. The idea is just to dissolve buildup. Sulfates will do that. Make sure you DC after.

Also, if you want to go all natural Giovanni makes a clarifying shampoo (Golden Wheat? something or other) as does Aubrey Organics. Find them at a health food store. They are relatively inexpensive.

i think im just going to buy a cheap sulfate like VO5 or Suave...ill save some money that way lol....but what is the price range of the Aubrey Organics line?

oh yea and thanks everybody for all the advice :)
  • teachermrwteachermrw Posts: 269Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    kayla218 wrote: »
    what does a clarifying shampoo do for your hair? If you do use one...what brand do you recommend?

http://womenshair.about.com/od/healthyhairmaintenance/a/clarifyshampoo.htm

Regarding which one, I've used Kenra Clarifying Shampoo, and Redken Cleansing Cream. Both work very effectively. I've also mixed baking soda with my regular shampoo, with excellent results.
    Your hair is your most important accessory.

event.png
  • allme89allme89 Posts: 34Registered Users
    basically to remove build up the more cowashes the more products u use causes build up. i clarify with ntm clarifier once a month
    12.75in.----4a----NTM junkie----homemade products addict---prenatal vitamins pill popper---mother of 3---21 yo house girlfriend---from the lonestarstate

current goal 19inches----sl
    :iroc:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file