CurlTalk

Do you already have plans for New Years?

tgreyztgreyz Posts: 1,627Registered Users
If so, what...
3b or 3c curls | My Fotki
combo2.gif________________________________________________

event.png

Comments

• BohemianRenegadeBohemianRenegade Posts: 1,078Registered Users
    I am *hopefully* flying back to the UK for a long weekend and going to ring in the year in London.
    Trying to find some sanity as I work on my master's in nursing...
  • geekygeeky Posts: 4,995Registered Users
    Our plans are pretty limited, as we have a two year old, and people are not exactly jumping to babysit that night. Our friends, who have a baby, are coming over for dinner and spending the night. I figure we will just make lots of yummy food and hang out and be mellow.
    To Trenell, MizKerri and geeky:
    I pray none of you ever has to live in a communist state.

Geeky is my hero. She's the true badass. The badass who doesn't even need to be a badass. There aren't enough O's in cool to describe her.
  • DarkAngelDarkAngel Posts: 2,671Registered Users
    Nope. We will most likely do something low key with the little guy. If we are lucky, some friends will do something family friendly.
    image.php?type=2&o=5&c=1&date=2009-10-07&babyname=Sebastian

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." -- Theodor Seuss Geisel
  • gekko422gekko422 Posts: 4,869Registered Users
    I had GREAT plans involving a friend's birthday party, but I now I have ok plans as my faimly has decided to stay over for NYE. So I will be home with them having a mini party.
    Democracy is not a spectator sport.

You know why pandas are endangered? Cause pandas ain't got no game.

Jesus loves you, but I'm his favorite.
  • PartyHairPartyHair Posts: 7,713Registered Users
    I would love to ring in the new year with my husband and a bottle of good champagne, but in reality, I'm guessing we'll spend it with 49283759081723598 of his family members.

It still blows my mind that they shoot off firecrackers for New Year's. That's just bizarre to me. But whatever. :lol:
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Rock on with your bad self.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Be excellent to each other. ~ Abraham Lincoln

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
  • AmnerisAmneris Posts: 15,117Registered Users
    I'm not sure any more because I probably won't be going to Toronto any more since all my immediate family are going to be here. And most of the people I know here will want to be in the clubs drinking and I don't know if I will be feeling up to a club (and can't drink.) So, maybe something with family? Some of the members of a singing group I am in mentioned planning something and I think a guy my husband knows from work is having a house party but I'm not sure.

God willing this will be my last childfree NYE, so I do want to enjoy it, but I also feel blah about it (nice clothes don't fit my boobs, don't feel great, closest friends aren't here...) Next year, we hope to take a trip with the baby.
    Get used to me. Black, confident, cocky; my name, not yours; my religion, not yours; my goals, my own; get used to me. -Muhammad Ali

.png

534Pm5.png

• 2happy2happy Posts: 5,138Registered Users
    I plan to get really drunk and have sex......I hope my SO is thinking the same thing :D
    Handle every stressful situation like a dog. If you can't eat it or hump it.....Piss on it and walk away.
    Location - WI
  • MizKerriMizKerri Posts: 1,701Registered Users
    I'm going to two parties.

If a news story breaks and no one on the Internet comments, did it really happen?
  • x_tigerlilyx_tigerlily Posts: 432Registered Users
    I have no plans. I don't really like New Year's. I hate drunk people. :lol:
    3C/4A and too long to handle (and afford!)
  • NetGNetG Posts: 8,116Registered Users
    Probably going to a James Bond themed party at my favorite club. They'll have bands outdoors and DJ/dancing indoors, appetizers all night, etc. It depends if I can convince people to go with me, as it's not somewhere I'd go alone, but the idea of dressing up all over-the-top (massive makeup, fake eyelashes, probably straighten my hair) and having a fake knife or gun strapped to my leg with a garter sounds fun....

Come on...it's 2- 007, how can I *not* go to a Bond themed party?
    The pews never miss a sermon but that doesn't get them one step closer to Heaven.
    -Speckla

But at least the pews never attend yoga!
    I have no plans. I don't really like New Year's. I hate drunk people. :lol:

:oops:
    Handle every stressful situation like a dog. If you can't eat it or hump it.....Piss on it and walk away.
    Location - WI
  • marielle448marielle448 Posts: 1,823Registered Users
    LOL - PH that was my family growing up. It was fun most years but now that we are far from family I really enjoy our tradition of some good sparkling cider, a rental and really good heavy appetizers. We snack throughout the night, kids are sleeping, close to midnight turn the TV on to a countdown and then head to bed like the good 'ol fogies we are.
  • AmnerisAmneris Posts: 15,117Registered Users
    My family does firecrackers back home, but it's not really allowed here, plus it's too cold outside. They do still have a big party with all the traditions (back in TO at least) but when I got older, I wouldn't spend the whole night there - I'd go for a bit and then go out. In the Caribbean, I tended to stay longer.

We always gather on New Years' Day though - that is strictly family for me.
    Get used to me. Black, confident, cocky; my name, not yours; my religion, not yours; my goals, my own; get used to me. -Muhammad Ali

.png

534Pm5.png

• iris427iris427 Posts: 6,002Registered Users
    Amneris wrote:
    I'm not sure any more because I probably won't be going to Toronto any more since all my immediate family are going to be here. And most of the people I know here will want to be in the clubs drinking and I don't know if I will be feeling up to a club (and can't drink.) So, maybe something with family? Some of the members of a singing group I am in mentioned planning something and I think a guy my husband knows from work is having a house party but I'm not sure.

God willing this will be my last childfree NYE, so I do want to enjoy it, but I also feel blah about it (nice clothes don't fit my boobs, don't feel great, closest friends aren't here...) Next year, we hope to take a trip with the baby.

That's what babysitters are for. :wink:

My SO and I are going to visit my mom. They have fireworks for New Years where she lives. Nothing crazy, but I'm not really the get drunk type.
    3027585431_55b6195e50_s.jpg3028374752_0df4d81a1b_s.jpg3028422696_8dcef38baa_s.jpg
    TickerTicker.aspx?&TT=bdy&TT1=bdy&CL=29&CT=&CG=F&O=m_nestbirds&T=t_b14&D=20080913&M1=&D1=2009&T2=&T1=Baby+Iris&CC=0&CO=&step=5&radio=A
  • velvet pawsvelvet paws Posts: 1,250Registered Users
    We don't have any plans yet. My fiance doesn't drink and I can't now, so champagne toasting is out ;)

We'll probably do something low-key, maybe make reservations at a restaurant we like. NYE is always amateur night out here in the city, so we're also considering spending it with my parents and sister in Boston. I'm not feeling spectacular and I can't seem to stay awake past ten, so if I can manage stay up until midnight I'll consider it an accomplishment. ;)
    3A / 2B / 2C wavicelli

.png

.png
  • WileE-DeadWileE-Dead Banned Posts: 24,963Banned Users
    2happy wrote:
    I plan to get really drunk and have sex......I hope my SO is thinking the same thing :D
    :lol: :twisted:

Not sure about NYs...
    0004.gif

Ever since the sports thread wars I have sensed a special connection between [edit] & Wile. Like the connection oil has to water. I almost can't speak of it. Wait....my eyes are misting. ~asq
    Let’s just stay together and tell the world to kiss our ass. ~P

• texascurlytexascurly Posts: 1,967Registered Users
    Lurking on the nc.com message board. :?
  • goldygoldy Posts: 5,455Registered Users
    i'll be at the winter jazz festival in italy, on my honeymoon!!
    Poodlehead wrote:
    Ah, it all makes sense now. Goldy is the puppet master! :lol:
  • WileE-DeadWileE-Dead Banned Posts: 24,963Banned Users
    goldy wrote:
    topper! :roll:

:wink:
    0004.gif

Ever since the sports thread wars I have sensed a special connection between [edit] & Wile. Like the connection oil has to water. I almost can't speak of it. Wait....my eyes are misting. ~asq
    Let’s just stay together and tell the world to kiss our ass. ~P

• goldygoldy Posts: 5,455Registered Users
    goldy wrote:
    topper! :roll:

:wink:

:twisted:

um... yeah.. who can beat that!? 8)

:lol:
    Poodlehead wrote:
    Ah, it all makes sense now. Goldy is the puppet master! :lol:
  • automaticflowersautomaticflowers Posts: 3,465Registered Users
    A local town will be having fireworks, so if we're desperate for pictures that week I'll be working that night. Otherwise, I'll be home where it's warm and hopefully not downing cough syrup anymore so I can have a drink or two. :P
  • JayneeJaynee Posts: 2,039Registered Users
    That is my 1 year anniversary w/ my hunny (just dating, not married!) so he said he'd plan something...crossing my fingers for something romantic :)

• RedCatWavesRedCatWaves Posts: 31,258Registered Users
    New Year's Eve is my daughter's birthday, so we always do a little family thing at home. A couple relatives come over and we have good food and cake and presents, and usually do some sort of fun craft. One year we did hemp macrame belts, another year we made beaded moccasins from kits. I'm not sure what we'll make this year...maybe some sort of beaded necklaces or earrings. I'll have to make a trip to the craft store and look around.
  • deezee02deezee02 Posts: 1,509Registered Users
    hopefully my MIL will babysit and DH and i can have a big night out on the town...

By babysit though, i do mean stay the night ...with his meds i won't get drunk unless she is here to administer them.
    58eCm4.png
    SCxkm4.png

Come swag with me!
  • modegrrlmodegrrl Posts: 273Registered Users
    probably a semi-formal party in Milwaukee, but I have to get time off from work
    "For many years the National Pretend Speed Limit was fifty-five miles per hour"--Dave Barry

PW: frizzella
  • solangesolange Posts: 2,539Registered Users
    My husband proposed to me on NYE, so we celebrate each year by going to the midnight church service and then out to eat in a very nice restaurant.
    3C, BSL Unstretched -
  • CGECGE Posts: 1,911Registered Users
    I'll be the party pooper of the bunch.

My niece died on New Year's Day, so it doesn't feel right celebrating.
    I used to have a signature but it disappeared and I just couldn't be bothered writing another so please feel free to ingore this.
    CGE wrote:
    I'll be the party pooper of the bunch.

My niece died on New Year's Day, so it doesn't feel right celebrating.

Ah honey, thats so sad. I hope you can at least be with your family.
    Location - WI
  • NYCurlyGirlyNYCurlyGirly Posts: 1,012Registered Users
    blah my family nebver does anything for New Years, it's always very boring. My parents are in bed before the ball drops :roll: i don't know if some new friends of mine are doing something, so we'll see.
    "Yo, James, i'm really happy for you, i'm gonna let you finish killing Bella in a minute, but Demetri was one of the best Trackers of ALL time!"

www.myspace.com/mimichica
  • SCGSCG Posts: 5,416Registered Users
    We usually go to my aunt's house for New Year's... If we aren't doing that, my youth group is doing something, so maybe I'll go to that.

Otherwise, we stay at home and watch movies. So exciting.

Sarah

"And death is at your doorstep
    And it will steal your innocence
    But it will not steal your substance
    But you are not alone in this"

“My ability to turn good news into anxiety is rivaled only by my ability to turn anxiety into chin acne.” - Tina Fey