CurlTalk

Is there something I could make/use to repair damaged ends?

Maybe some type of oil? Or serum or something along those lines? Any interesting recipe that anyone knows of? My ends are pretty damaged...even if I get a trim, I'll still have a lot of ends that are damaged, so I was wondering if there was something I could do to repair them. I hear that there are ways.

Comments

• tiashaunteetiashauntee Posts: 26Registered Users
    What do you mean by damaged? Split? Dry? Frizzy?
    Check out my FOTKI
    Siggy%20Pic.jpg
    Still a work in progress...
  • discreetthinkerdiscreetthinker Posts: 22Registered Users
    Haha yeah pretty much all of the above. :D
  • AmazinnaturalAmazinnatural Posts: 755Registered Users
    Here's a few homemade conditioner recipes for damamged hair:

Papaya Deep Condish
    3 tbsp papaya puree
    2 tbsp honey
    1 small avacado
    2 tbsp coconut oil

Mayo-Coco
    1/2 c real mayo
    1 avocado
    2 tbsp coconut oi

Trop. deep condish
    1 avacado
    1 c coconut milk

Coco-honey deep condish
    3 tbsp coconut oil
    3 tblsp honey
    5 drop jojoba oil
    1/4 c plain yogurt

Good luck I hope this helps!

event.png

Still loving my curls and kinks!
    Products I love:
    Ion Dandruff/Seborrheic Dermatitis Tar Shampoo
    Suave Shea Butter Conditioner
    Biolage Scalp Therapy Shampoo
    Biolage Fortify Therapy Shampoo
    Trader Joe's Tea Tree Tingle Conditioner
    Beautiful Textures Rapid Repair Deep Conditioner
    Shea butter, olive oil, coconut oil, apricot oil, peppermint oil, tea tree oil, and eucalyptus oil
  • stefflynhstefflynh Posts: 410Registered Users
    I tried an avacado, greek yogurt, honey mask this weekend-my hair reacted horribly...did I do something wrong or was my hair in need of moisture treatment instead? I swear...I think I lost 1\2 of my hair since the treatment from breakage...

My hair is fine, porous, 2b-3a & everything in between...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]properties-3 a\b, very fine, medium density, normal porosity, normal elasticity
    low poo- GTT, 50\50 or whatever I have at hand
    RO- CJBCS, TNVC, Suave Coco
    Stylers-FSG & BRHG
    PT (twice a week)-CJRM, Ion Reconstructor, SSPT
    stefflynh wrote: »
    I tried an avacado, greek yogurt, honey mask this weekend-my hair reacted horribly...did I do something wrong or was my hair in need of moisture treatment instead? I swear...I think I lost 1\2 of my hair since the treatment from breakage...

Did you measure the amounts, and is greek yogurt similar to plain yogurt?

event.png

Products I love:
    Shea butter, olive oil, coconut oil, apricot oil, peppermint oil, tea tree oil, and eucalyptus oil
  • coilynappcoilynapp Posts: 4,233Registered Users

if your hair is dry, you probably need moisture not protein

also, if your ends are damaged, the only thing you can do it trim them off because hair cannot be repaired (it is dead). If your hair reacted badly to the dt you tried, it probably doesn't like one or more of the ingredients you used.

@ amazinnatural, greek and plain are similar. greek yogurt is just made in a special way, traditionally and is more yummy!!!!
    th?id=H.4940802350254088&pid=1.7&w=183&h=144&c=7&rs=1
  • MochachinoMochachino Posts: 191Registered Users
    I just purchased the catnip. I have not tried it yet. Some posters on the site below have had luck using it.

/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fforums.longhaircommunity.com%2Fshowthread.php%3Ft%3D476" class="Popup
    I've got a pair of ruby slippers that I don't wear much anymore
    And if I had the nerve I'd click my heels and return o the wonderland I knew before
    Alana Davis "Crazy"
  • stefflynhstefflynh Posts: 410Registered Users
    Greek yogurt is more than double the protein, which I'm thinking may have been part of the problem??

side note-so great for cooking\eating. i replace any recipe with mayo & things of that nature with Greek yogurt. it's so good for you!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]properties-3 a\b, very fine, medium density, normal porosity, normal elasticity
    low poo- GTT, 50\50 or whatever I have at hand
    RO- CJBCS, TNVC, Suave Coco
    Stylers-FSG & BRHG
    PT (twice a week)-CJRM, Ion Reconstructor, SSPT
    Greek yogurt is more than double the protein, which I'm thinking may have been part of the problem??

side note-so great for cooking\eating. i replace any recipe with mayo & things of that nature with Greek yogurt. it's so good for you!

ok, well next time when a recipe calls for plain yogurt, try using plain yogurt than greek yogurt lol. Hopefully your hair wont mess up again while using homemade hair recipes.

event.png

Products I love:
    coilynapp wrote: »

if your hair is dry, you probably need moisture not protein

also, if your ends are damaged, the only thing you can do it trim them off because hair cannot be repaired (it is dead). If your hair reacted badly to the dt you tried, it probably doesn't like one or more of the ingredients you used.

@ amazinnatural, greek and plain are similar. greek yogurt is just made in a special way, traditionally and is more yummy!!!!

Well I might have to try greek yogurt, but not on my hair though! lol thanks for the info

event.png

Products I love:
  • taltaltaltal Posts: 614Registered Users
    You hair might be protein sensitive. Avocado and yoghurt both contain protein.