CG- here's what I don't get?!?!?

I have no idea what to do on days where I don't co wash. Just run water through it? What if I had too much stuff in it the day before, does it honestly just wash out in water alone??

That's what is stopping me up here. I feel so producty.
~Kristen
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]<<-working my way back to this!!
My hair when I was 17 and had no idea how to flatten it.

Comments

• currlyQ4dayscurrlyQ4days Posts: 123Registered Users
    I have no idea what to do on days where I don't co wash. Just run water through it? What if I had too much stuff in it the day before, does it honestly just wash out in water alone??

That's what is stopping me up here. I feel so producty.

All I can say is trial and error.. Finding which products you like, work best for your hair, and the look you are trying to achieve...

Also, I don't know how long you have been trying to be CG.. but there is a hair "freak out" period... That sometimes could last a month to 2 months.. for some.

Hope that Helps. Have you read the Curly Girl book? I really need to ... LOLLLL I learned a lot on this forum...
    • 3c & 3b, Normal Porosity, Very Very Coarse and Protein Sensitive
    • Shampoo: Deva Curl No Poo, Kinky Curly Come Clean
    • Conditioner: Deva Curl One, Castor Oil,
    • Styling: Expiramenting with FSG

"Time to own this poodle!!!"
  • kathymackkathymack Posts: 9,999Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I wet and use a rinse out every day. If you feel producty, you're using the wrong products. That shouldn't happen. Many of us are modified CG because we do something gentle to cleanse. I use the natural soap bars, others lowpoo. Have you tried the CJ Daily Fix yet?? It's a cleansing conditioner. It has Cocamidopropyl Betaine and Tetrasodium EDTA, the first is a gentle cleansing agent and the second is chelating (removes minerals.) If you want to cowash only--it may be a great alternative for you. I take it to the salon with me when I get my hair cut/highlighted. It's great. The salon I go to has Deva products, but my hair hates the NoPoo since they changed the ingredients.
    3a (Corkicelli), highlighted, fine, low porosity
    SE PA

HGs: Anything Sevi; Curly Kinks Satin Roots, Curlycue ReNew and Coil Jam; homemade FSG and okra gel; soap bars; UFD Curly Magic; Botanical Spirits Jellies, CJ Repair Me, Aloe Fix
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Morgan_AdcockMorgan_Adcock Posts: 2,573Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    You can water wash your hair. Basically, you go through the same motions, giving yourself a great scalp massage, under running water. Follow with conditioning.

Rinsing my hair so that I could restyle it had never worked for me before I went CG (the day I learned about it), so I was reluctant to try water washing. I was absolutely amazed, when I finally gave it a go, to find that my hair and scalp were clean, even squeaky clean in a nice way, and I have the best root lift ever when I do this.
    Peace,
    Morgan

Baby Fine 3B, low porosity, normal density and elasticity
    CGing since July 2008
  • dannysgirl777dannysgirl777 Posts: 70Registered Users
    No, I haven't yet, but that one is going on my Product list ;)

Today, I feel much better. Actually...third day must be the charm because it really looks amazing. Soft, thicker and bouncy. I did co wash this morning, and then I used Alaffia hair lotion, my FSG and a tiny bit of JM orange/silk protein gel. Amazing!!
    kathymack wrote: »
    I wet and use a rinse out every day. If you feel producty, you're using the wrong products. That shouldn't happen. Many of us are modified CG because we do something gentle to cleanse. I use the natural soap bars, others lowpoo. Have you tried the CJ Daily Fix yet?? It's a cleansing conditioner. It has Cocamidopropyl Betaine and Tetrasodium EDTA, the first is a gentle cleansing agent and the second is chelating (removes minerals.) If you want to cowash only--it may be a great alternative for you. I take it to the salon with me when I get my hair cut/highlighted. It's great. The salon I go to has Deva products, but my hair hates the NoPoo since they changed the ingredients.
    ~Kristen
  • dannysgirl777dannysgirl777 Posts: 70Registered Users
    yeah, I kinda think I was just going through poo withdraws. I think I did a good job at it today. I was just letting it run over my hair. I didn't touch it. Now I know, and I will remember that for tomorrow!!
    You can water wash your hair. Basically, you go through the same motions, giving yourself a great scalp massage, under running water. Follow with conditioning.

Rinsing my hair so that I could restyle it had never worked for me before I went CG (the day I learned about it), so I was reluctant to try water washing. I was absolutely amazed, when I finally gave it a go, to find that my hair and scalp were clean, even squeaky clean in a nice way, and I have the best root lift ever when I do this.
    ~Kristen

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file