Teach me how to use my Denman

I brought it out of retirement tonight to try again. i put it away when it gave me stringy curls... turns out i was using it wrong. Tonight I brushed in sections to distribute my FSG, going up and away from the scalp as much as I could with out getting tangled, and sort of swooped it out as I got near the ends (if this makes sense). I got better definition in the lengths, possibly more clumps than usual, but the top is flat. I was hoping for more root lift, I plopped then diffused, but still had flat top.
Any help? Suggestions?
- 2C - Coarse Canopy & med/fine underlayers
- MOP C Hydrating 'poo
- LOreal Natures Therapy Moisturizing condish, ION Effective Care, Garnier S&S (old formula)
- treatments: CJ Curl Rehab, CJ Repair Me!
- plopping, diffusing, and clipping the roots

Comments

• empressriempressri Posts: 4,812Registered Users
    well a denman smooths your hair out so for more volume at the top....i have no idea! it comes to my hair naturally after a few days.
    Lady Hasytal in the Land of Product in the Order of the Curly Crusaders
    "Trust is knowing your SO would do the right thing in the face of strange vagina." Nej
    [/B]
  • Lucky CharmLucky Charm Posts: 1,250Registered Users
    empressri wrote: »
    well a denman smooths your hair out so for more volume at the top....i have no idea! it comes to my hair naturally after a few days.
    Its weird! I get enough crown volume daily anyways, but I was going for BIG last night since we were going out. I pinned the front back and it looked ok, but I was hoping for more. I dont think the Denman is for me, or I just dont get it :disgust:
    - 2C - Coarse Canopy & med/fine underlayers
    - MOP C Hydrating 'poo
    - LOreal Natures Therapy Moisturizing condish, ION Effective Care, Garnier S&S (old formula)
    - treatments: CJ Curl Rehab, CJ Repair Me!
    - plopping, diffusing, and clipping the roots
  • rudeechickrudeechick Posts: 6,726Registered Users
    I use it with the SSM .... there is a thread and a YuoTube vid link in there.
    Curls,Coils,Waves & WhatKnot:geek:
    3miii/My HGs tame bulk&frizz/Give definition w/o crunch
    My Photobucket Album

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file