Short haired band geek :)

ninja_stefninja_stef Posts: 42Registered Users
hey guys!
So, I have band camp in a few weeks, so that means I'll be outside in the hot, humid Mississippi weather sweatin' it up for hours on end! Sound just lovely, doesn't it! :/

Anyway, my hair is about shoulder length when curled and I need some ideas for styling some updos!
Due to my relatively short hair I have problems with traditional buns and ponytails.

Any help at all would be appreciated! ^_^
My routine:
  • Co-Wash: Suave Naturals Coconut
  • Rinse Out: Suave Coconut & Honey
  • Cold Water Rinse
  • Leave-In: Suave Naturals Coconut
  • Scrunch in a dab of olive oil
  • Gel: Herbal Essence Set Me Up
  • Plop for 45 min. to an hour
  • Clip and air dry
  • When nearly dry, pineapple for a few minutes, then SOTC
I'm just a 3a/3b curly teen trying to manage the crazy humidity in MS!

Comments

• fabisebienfabisebien Posts: 76Registered Users
    something I've been doing recently is just doing a french braid with the hair at the crown and work my way to the back of the head, once I stop adding hair to the braid I just do a ponytail(I don't put a band at the end of the braid, I just blend it with the ponytail). It makes a ponytail more interesting and keeps all the short layers off your face.
    New Staples: As I Am: Coconut CoWash Cleansing Conditioner and Leave-In Conditioner.
    Method For Styling: Rake and Shake. And Let Air Dry.

Bird! [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ninja_stefninja_stef Posts: 42Registered Users
    wow! That's a super cool idea! I can't French braid, but perhaps I can get a friend to. Thanks so much :)
    My routine:
    • Cold Water Rinse
    • Clip and air dry
  • fabisebienfabisebien Posts: 76Registered Users
    :D
    New Staples: As I Am: Coconut CoWash Cleansing Conditioner and Leave-In Conditioner.
    Method For Styling: Rake and Shake. And Let Air Dry.

Bird! [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • toodleycurl22toodleycurl22 Posts: 53Registered Users
    you may be interested in this thread: http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/showthread.php?t=70784

it's basically where people list all the hairstyles that they do! i think this would really help you out :D
    twisty curly, curly twisty
    gel-y, mouse-y, pomade-y, misty
    pretty ugly, ugly pretty
    they listen, they don't -
    oh what a pity
  • omgramennoodlesomgramennoodles Posts: 6Registered Users
    I will normally do pigtail braids, and use bobby pins for my bangs. But I have a really round face, and pull it off relly well...it just depends on your face shape :)
    You cal it fat, I call it curvy. You call it i disaster, I call it curly. You call it H**L, I call it life. You should always, look past the strife. You call it dirt, I call it fun. I live in a place drenched by the sun. You call it trouble, I call it grass. I could lay in it all day while looking at the clouds with a friend and laugh. You call it a troublesome animal, I call it a cow. Only we country girls have the will to live right, and possess the know-how! <3

Proud Country Curly :)
  • flipflopsandcheeseflipflopsandcheese Posts: 7Registered Users
    I am in the colorguard and we practice inside most of the time. But my friends are in the marching band and they like to experiment with braids and different updos just to see what works best. most people just where ponytails though :icon_smile:
  • ninja_stefninja_stef Posts: 42Registered Users
    I am in the colorguard and we practice inside most of the time. But my friends are in the marching band and they like to experiment with braids and different updos just to see what works best. most people just where ponytails though :icon_smile:

Lucky! I'm a guardie too! But we're out on the practice field with the band 90% of the time.
    Every other year I've just worn a ponytail or "pigtails", but that's when I was totally obsessed with my flat iron!

I guess I use the rest of this week for EXPERIMENTATION! Muahahahahahahah!
    My routine:
    • Cold Water Rinse
    • Clip and air dry

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file