What to do, when there's no time to 'do'

KerricurlsKerricurls Posts: 104Registered Users
During my previous semester at school, my hair suffered because I had no time to do or care for it. If it wasn't math homework, it was essays or projects. :confused3:
What do you busy working and learning ladies do when you have no time to care for and style your hair? Do you bun daily...throw in a couple of twist, or a hat...and call it a month or two?
Hair Type: Tight curls (a mix of 3c and 4a)
Favorite Products: Shea butter, Herbal Essences hello hydration and Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
Hair Blog: http://growmecurly.blogspot.com follow me on my blog as I record my hair journey!
Fotki: http://public.fotki.com/kerrishennel/
Christian/Life Blog: http://mygodmylife.blogspot.com Life as a twentysomething Christian :thumbup:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comments

  • hippychichippychic Posts: 4,673Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    i've been known to bun, wig it or throw on a hair piece in a crunch. i can get a good week with this. then, deep condish and baby my hair for the weekend.
    LOIS (OS); cottony, TYPE 4 hair, fine/med strands; no cones bcz my hair hates them; last relaxer '98; now low porosity:?, ignores most natural hair rules; BC #8

    faves: suave, v05 shampoo, conditioner (my own), raw shea butter, castor oil, peanut oil, aloe juice
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • CocoTCocoT Posts: 5,330Registered Users
    Kerricurls wrote: »
    During my previous semester at school, my hair suffered because I had no time to do or care for it. If it wasn't math homework, it was essays or projects. :confused3:
    What do you busy working and learning ladies do when you have no time to care for and style your hair? Do you bun daily...throw in a couple of twist, or a hat...and call it a month or two?
    Two words: mini twists.
    They're incredibly versatile and if done well they will last. You don't need weave. The only downside is the work you have to put in initially to install them. I'm not a fast twister or braider so it can take me anywhere between 1 whole day or 3-4 days in small quantities. The longest I've let them in is 5 weeks and I wash and deep condition and condition as usual, well much easier than having it loose.
    You culd also just do bigger twists and just leave your hair alone for a couple weeks. For me though, the smaller is the longer they last so I don't mind putting in the work fr a few days in exchange for not having to stress about styling or detangle for weeks at a time. This is why I want locs.lol

    Anyway, hth's! :)
    11.gif
    Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds
    -Albert Einstein
    Discounts:iHerb: EZA283 for $5 off!, OCO522 for $10 off first purchase | Komaza Care Referral Code: J5Q362VG
  • AmberBrownAmberBrown Posts: 1,072Registered Users
    I prefer the pony puff, it allows you to wet your hair as often as you like but it's not time consuming at all. I just detangle with my fingers (using lots and lots of conditioner of course) rub some shea butter over the condish and then pull my hair through a pony holder once. Golden! If I don't want to deal with the drippies, I just put my microfiber turban thingy on for a few mins.

    Also I get to watch shrinkage in action lol, it's amazing.
  • ReekyReeky Posts: 1,323Registered Users
    a bun !! either a low slick bun or a high messy bun is what you can catch me with. Especially since i set my alarm to wake me up in enough time to take a shower & leave LOL.

    I usually do braidouts or twistouts though, braid them at night before i go to bed and wake up, fluff and go! If i pineapple at night i can usually get three days out of it before i even have to rebraid!
    dense, fine & porous curls |

    Poo/Cowash| Bobeam, V05 Shea Cashmere
    DC| AOGPB, CJ Repair Me, BrownButterBeauty
    RinseOut| Mill Creek Keratin Conditioner, Ology Moisturizing Conditioner
    Leave In| Curl Rehab, Bee Mine Luscious Balanced Moisturizer, CJ Smoothing Lotion
    Moisturize|Oyin Hair Dew, CR Moisture Milk
    Gel| Kiss My Face UMG, Trader Joes Aloe Vera, KCCC
    Sealants| Aloe Juice, Whipped Shea, Cocoa & Mango Butters, Castor, & my Peanut Oil Blend =)
  • Alice_42 Alice_42 Posts: 791Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Bun/puff/pony tail on stretched. I try to keep my hair stretched as much as possible when I'm in school even if that means giving up a friday night to set my hair! If I wear a wash and go my hair tends to knot up something fierce and detangling this beast will take me FOREVER.

    I only wear my hair "out" (twist out, braid out, wash and go, etc.) when I have somewhere to go or someone to see.
    event.png

    Last relaxer: August 2008
    Big Chop: December 2008/January 2009
    Blog: Alice in Nappyland
  • KerricurlsKerricurls Posts: 104Registered Users
    CocoT wrote: »
    Kerricurls wrote: »
    During my previous semester at school, my hair suffered because I had no time to do or care for it. If it wasn't math homework, it was essays or projects. :confused3:
    What do you busy working and learning ladies do when you have no time to care for and style your hair? Do you bun daily...throw in a couple of twist, or a hat...and call it a month or two?
    Two words: mini twists.
    They're incredibly versatile and if done well they will last. You don't need weave. The only downside is the work you have to put in initially to install them. I'm not a fast twister or braider so it can take me anywhere between 1 whole day or 3-4 days in small quantities. The longest I've let them in is 5 weeks and I wash and deep condition and condition as usual, well much easier than having it loose.
    You culd also just do bigger twists and just leave your hair alone for a couple weeks. For me though, the smaller is the longer they last so I don't mind putting in the work fr a few days in exchange for not having to stress about styling or detangle for weeks at a time. This is why I want locs.lol

    Anyway, hth's! :)

    Yes! I was thinking about doing that, especially since I'm wearing them right now and JUST discovering the versalitity of them.
    Hair Type: Tight curls (a mix of 3c and 4a)
    Favorite Products: Shea butter, Herbal Essences hello hydration and Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
    Hair Blog: http://growmecurly.blogspot.com follow me on my blog as I record my hair journey!
    Fotki: http://public.fotki.com/kerrishennel/
    Christian/Life Blog: http://mygodmylife.blogspot.com Life as a twentysomething Christian :thumbup:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • KerricurlsKerricurls Posts: 104Registered Users
    Reeky wrote: »
    a bun !! either a low slick bun or a high messy bun is what you can catch me with. Especially since i set my alarm to wake me up in enough time to take a shower & leave LOL.

    I usually do braidouts or twistouts though, braid them at night before i go to bed and wake up, fluff and go! If i pineapple at night i can usually get three days out of it before i even have to rebraid!

    hahaha I do the SAME thing! :-o
    Hair Type: Tight curls (a mix of 3c and 4a)
    Favorite Products: Shea butter, Herbal Essences hello hydration and Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
    Hair Blog: http://growmecurly.blogspot.com follow me on my blog as I record my hair journey!
    Fotki: http://public.fotki.com/kerrishennel/
    Christian/Life Blog: http://mygodmylife.blogspot.com Life as a twentysomething Christian :thumbup:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • KerricurlsKerricurls Posts: 104Registered Users
    Thanks for the suggestions ladies! I'll be revisiting this thread when i'm in a rut next semester...:book:
    Hair Type: Tight curls (a mix of 3c and 4a)
    Favorite Products: Shea butter, Herbal Essences hello hydration and Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
    Hair Blog: http://growmecurly.blogspot.com follow me on my blog as I record my hair journey!
    Fotki: http://public.fotki.com/kerrishennel/
    Christian/Life Blog: http://mygodmylife.blogspot.com Life as a twentysomething Christian :thumbup:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • dc05dc05 Posts: 275Registered Users
    Ill say a bun as well.

    I would wet bun WITH GEL and it would last 2 or 3 days at a time.


    Ill give you a secret that you may or may not like, make sure your bun has a little crunch too it. I know people hate crunchy hair but honestly it is what helps my bun last! It doesnt have to be helmet hard but a little more crunch than usual will help give you hold that will hold you over for at least 2 days in between washes!
    :blob8:24 Months Post Relaxer :blob8:

    *Length : BSB (Below Shoulder Blade)/ Brastrap Length
    *Long term goal: TB length (stretched of course)
    *Short tern goal: Mid-back length (stretched -- by June 2011) / Shoulder length (FULL) curly:glasses2:
  • KerricurlsKerricurls Posts: 104Registered Users
    Bun/puff/pony tail on stretched. I try to keep my hair stretched as much as possible when I'm in school even if that means giving up a friday night to set my hair! If I wear a wash and go my hair tends to knot up something fierce and detangling this beast will take me FOREVER.

    I only wear my hair "out" (twist out, braid out, wash and go, etc.) when I have somewhere to go or someone to see.

    ...which is what I need to start doing.

    I took a peek at your blog...:love2:
    Hair Type: Tight curls (a mix of 3c and 4a)
    Favorite Products: Shea butter, Herbal Essences hello hydration and Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
    Hair Blog: http://growmecurly.blogspot.com follow me on my blog as I record my hair journey!
    Fotki: http://public.fotki.com/kerrishennel/
    Christian/Life Blog: http://mygodmylife.blogspot.com Life as a twentysomething Christian :thumbup:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • JahNaturalDezignJahNaturalDezign Posts: 1,160Registered Users
    Can I throw a twist in? My hair isin't long enough for a pony tail, and I hate wash n gos...are there any quick options anyone can think of? I plan on starting grad school next year and I was thinking what the heck am I going to do with my hair???
  • subbrocksubbrock Posts: 8,212Registered Users
    another fan of bunning! when i start getting sick of my hair, i put it in a bun and just refresh it daily. i keep my hair in a bun during the week and wear it out on the weekends.
  • JahNaturalDezignJahNaturalDezign Posts: 1,160Registered Users
    Okay by bun are you all talking about hair wrapped around a pony tail? Sorry for the dumb question.
  • subbrocksubbrock Posts: 8,212Registered Users
    Okay by bun are you all talking about hair wrapped around a pony tail? Sorry for the dumb question.

    yes. i do switch it up between the kind of bun you just described and a "donut bun" when i use a hair scrunchie as the base.
  • qteeqtee Posts: 163Registered Users
    Cant wait til my hair is long enough to bun..This will be my staple all winter long..Half and whole wigs are great too..keep ur hair braided under and wash and rebraid weekly..
    Natural 3C
    My fav styer-Ecostyler olive oil gel

    I luv Tressemme Moisturizing curls conditioner..

    Olive oil and Argan oil are my fav oils..

    http://public.fotki.com/liteskinqtee
  • HomeGrownHairGirlHomeGrownHairGirl Posts: 296Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    My hair isn't long enough to bun yet either. I wear snoods a lot when I don't feel like styling my hair or when I'm in a rush...

    Hope this helps

    eventpng
  • hamptonsfnsthamptonsfnst Posts: 106Registered Users
    If I've worn a wash and go earlier in the week and haven't stretched it with twists or bantu knots I just cover it at night with my satin cap and rewet in the morning or create a pony puff on an old twist/bantu knotout.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file