Trolls And Nay'sayers

SilverAngel45SilverAngel45 Posts: 244Registered Users
why is it that we seem to gives trolls and ney sayer posts of natural hair the most attention.... can we please stop making these posts pages and pages long.. its just giving them what they want which is to get people riled up

Comments

• Cali ChikCali Chik Posts: 1,494Registered Users
    If I wanna talk about spaghetti I can. and Fark whoever got a problem wit it....

Where my periwinkle homie at?
    subbrock wrote: »
    - don't let everybody elses long straight weave bum you out. don't let other people's big/long natural hair bum you out either. embrace what you have and rock it with confidence, because that's the only way you'll be happy. and whether you realize it or not you are somebody's influence. show them what it truly means to be confident.

www.lifestarbeauty.com
    Hate me? Love me? then Follow me! www.twitter.com/vidastarr

• murrrcatmurrrcat Posts: 9,596Registered Users
    Cali Chik wrote: »
    If I wanna talk about spaghetti I can. and Fark whoever got a problem wit it....

I love spaghetti.
    tumblr_mji9u1Fwza1rh1wv4o1_500.jpg
  • EllyEllyOxenFreeEllyEllyOxenFree Posts: 6,446Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Honestly I think people just get a laugh out of them, the comments are usually freakin' hilarious. And personally, if I can make fun of someone without getting called a thread meanie, I'm all for it.
    BC'ed: 26 Dec 09
    YouTube
    Grand Duchess Fierce Freckles, Mistress of the Mighty Snap and Doyenne of the Potent Products Pavane in the Order of the Curly Crusaders
  • eccentric_kurlzeccentric_kurlz Posts: 4,151Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    turtles wrote: »

I love spaghetti.

I love FOOD. :P

Anyway, I think considering that particular thread, and how ugly it WOULD have gotten years ago, the direction it took was quite humorous. I think it only gives trolls a big head when the entire thread is about them. It was turned into a thread about food.

I'd consider that a positive....development. LOL!

Heck, THIS thread could be seen as giving them too much attention...since you created one specifically for them! I'm sure it's making them feel far more important than warranted, but I feel you. I'd have to say just as it was that trolls choice to create that topic, it's everyone's choice to respond or not respond. It just becomes a situation of just ignoring the threads (or people) that annoy you the most. Folks do it all the time on the non-hair boards. ;)
    A wonderful mix of coils, curls, corkscrews, and kinks.

http://s211.photobucket.com/albums/bb133/shyygirl_2007/
    PW: curlyhair

I have a blog now. Follow meeeee! :)

http://naturalurbanista.blogspot.com/

"You see, when it comes to language competence, a true patriot must hit that sweet spot between "job-stealing immigrant" and "liberal elitist." ~Eilonwy

Wanna have access to the top names in fashion and luxury at up to 70% off retail? Sure you do. http://tinyurl.com/3yxneol

DC metro area
    honestly, at the end of the day, who really cares? You log off and you live your life and eat turkey spaghetti.

I like to argue so I guess it don't really bother me none at the end of the day. I only know one person on here in real life and I knew her before I ever came to this board. So I honestly don't give that much of a sh*t about anything on here outside of hair care.
    - don't let everybody elses long straight weave bum you out. don't let other people's big/long natural hair bum you out either. embrace what you have and rock it with confidence, because that's the only way you'll be happy. and whether you realize it or not you are somebody's influence. show them what it truly means to be confident.

www.lifestarbeauty.com

• NaturalistaNaturalista Posts: 5,491Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Pasta makes life easier! Take no time to whip up a flavorful pasta dish. :laughing7:
    Type: 3c with some 4a highlighted
    Low porosity thick/coarse texture. nml elasticity
    Routine: No rules, just happy hair

Cleanse: CJDF, Prell, LUSH Curly Wurly, Bobeam
    LI/RO:BBB, CJ, SheaM, HEHIS, Garnier, KBN Shealoe, CD Chocolat, Oyin HH
    Styling: CJ, CR, UFD, Zuresh, Ecostyler,MJ
    PT/DT: BBB, CJ, Lather, MJSSB

HUGE PJJJJJJJJ!!!!:love4:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]]
    Facebook|Twitter
    honestly, at the end of the day, who really cares? You log off and you live your life and eat turkey spaghetti.

I like to argue so I guess it don't really bother me none at the end of the day. I only know one person on here in real life and I knew her before I ever came to this board. So I honestly don't give that much of a sh*t about anything on here outside of hair care.

oh my goodness. I am dead. I am dead at the bolded. :sign5:

I think I'll start incorporating that saying into my life.

*after a really hard exam*

"Who cares what grade you get, as soon as you walk outta of this classroom you're gonna go home, live your life and eat turkey spaghetti"
  • hippychichippychic Posts: 4,673Registered Users Curl Neophyte

I love spaghetti.

Anyway, I think considering that particular thread, and how ugly it WOULD have gotten years ago, the direction it took was quite humorous. I think it only gives trolls a big head when the entire thread is about them. It was turned into a thread about food.

Heck, THIS thread could be seen as giving them too much attention...since you created one specifically for them! I'm sure it's making them feel far more important than warranted, but I feel you. I'd have to say just as it was that trolls choice to create that topic, it's everyone's choice to respond or not respond. It just becomes a situation of just ignoring the threads (or people) that annoy you the most. Folks do it all the time on the non-hair boards. ;)
    +1

what's the next food on the agenda? i totally bombed on the turkey spaghetti. how could i talk about it so much and get everything but the dang meat after grocery shopping. then i see cali chick's yummy looking 'ghetti :sad8:

is anyone grilling this weekend?
    LOIS (OS); cottony, TYPE 4 hair, fine/med strands; no cones bcz my hair hates them; last relaxer '98; now low porosity:?, ignores most natural hair rules; BC #8

faves: suave, v05 shampoo, conditioner (my own), raw shea butter, castor oil, peanut oil, aloe juice
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Who cares what grade you get, as soon as you walk outta of this classroom you're gonna go home, live your life and eat turkey spaghetti"
    hippychic wrote: »

That's some REAL sh*t right there!

I love spaghetti.

+1

what's the next food on the agenda? i totally bombed on the turkey spaghetti. how could i talk about it so much and get everything but the dang meat after grocery shopping. then i see cali chick's yummy looking 'ghetti :sad8:

LOL I read your post and I laughed cuz I almost forgot the ground turkey and turkey sausage. AND the ground turkey was on sale for $1.99 at Ralph's (A store in L.A.)

Anyway, I don't grill but my bf is obsessed with grilling... so is his dad.

www.lifestarbeauty.com

• CocoTCocoT Posts: 5,330Registered Users
    1215732240984vv8.gif
    11.gif
    Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds
    -Albert Einstein
    Discounts:iHerb: EZA283 for $5 off!, OCO522 for $10 off first purchase | Komaza Care Referral Code: J5Q362VG
    I'm getting a salad from quiznos today! and a sub maybe! yay!

47uytlc.gif
    CocoT wrote: »
    1215732240984vv8.gif

that is killing me slowly.
  • *Marah**Marah* Posts: 8,032Registered Users Curl Neophyte

Well I tried to be nice and give some valid advice to the person cause I wasn't sure if it was a troll or not...but frankly I rather liked when the discussion turned to spaghetti and meatballs... I'm about to warm up some left over right fricken now! LOL!
    tumblr_m9jonzYZmu1re7hjjo1_250.jpg
  • ClaritaClarita Posts: 198Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I just had spaghetti for dinner! I pre-plan my dinners for the week so I swear that other thread had nothing to do with it! 8)
    Texture: Fine
    Porosity: Low
    Elasticity: Low
    Density: Medium/High...I think

~~Lots of Little S-Curls and Corkscrews~~
  • moodydovemoodydove Posts: 1,721Registered Users
    CocoT wrote: »
    1215732240984vv8.gif

Oh y'all...hehe.
    Big chop: 5/30/10
    CG, clarify with Aveda Brilliant Shampoo when needed
    Dense, medium-fine strands, lowish porosity. Avoiding glycerin outside the shower.
    Cowash:Suave Coconut Conditioner.
    Leave in: YtCucumbers and EVOO
    Styling Products: Flaxseed gel, Phillip B Soft Hold Gel, KMF Upper Management Gel
    DC: Doctored GVP or Suave conditioner
    Cleanser: Bentonite clay
  • ~Curly~~Curly~ Banned Posts: 772Banned Users

hippychic wrote: »

That's some REAL sh*t right there!

+1

LOL I read your post and I laughed cuz I almost forgot the ground turkey and turkey sausage. AND the ground turkey was on sale for $1.99 at Ralph's (A store in L.A.)

Anyway, I don't grill but my bf is obsessed with grilling... so is his dad.
    $1.99??? I hope it is the good kind.. Ralphs aint nothing but krogers for yall in the south/east...
    "Relaxer free Since 2003"
    3C in constant search for something that works!

3C/4B(hairs that act 4b even if they technically aren't) no clue what i'm doing..:geek::hello2::afro:
    I will respond as I see fit. It should be about freedom to express our opinions, You're free to say what you like as should others. Get a Thicker Skin if no one can disagree with you without you feeling bullied and running to Admin Hellllllpppppp Meeee Adminnnnn Pleaseeee!!!! Smh
  • AmberBrownAmberBrown Posts: 1,072Registered Users

This is like a life lesson or something. Real deep Cali Chick :headbang: lol my new motto
  • SummerRubySummerRuby Posts: 468Registered Users
    I just don't get what's funny...I mean, I know we're trying to deter away from the troll's topics, but...the topics y'all deter to just aren't funny to me. At all. :confused3: And I know I'll probably get flamed for saying this, but I don't really care. I'll just be over here and be the odd-man-out.

maybe it isn't the topic BUT the comments that are made....Food isn't a funny topic...it's pretty damn serious to me.:batman:
    SummerRuby wrote: »
    I just don't get what's funny...I mean, I know we're trying to deter away from the troll's topics, but...the topics y'all deter to just aren't funny to me. At all. :confused3: And I know I'll probably get flamed for saying this, but I don't really care. I'll just be over here and be the odd-man-out.

I mean...that's fine, but no one asked you to read it...

kanye-shrug-o.gif
    YouTube
    Grand Duchess Fierce Freckles, Mistress of the Mighty Snap and Doyenne of the Potent Products Pavane in the Order of the Curly Crusaders
    ROFL
  • moodydovemoodydove Posts: 1,721Registered Users
    ellepixie wrote: »

kanye-shrug-o.gif
    :D This reminds me of Halloween (which is a ridiculously big deal at my school) last year. We had a costume contest, and the kid dressed up Kanye kept interrupting people and saying Beyonce should have won. Lol
    Big chop: 5/30/10
    CG, clarify with Aveda Brilliant Shampoo when needed
    Dense, medium-fine strands, lowish porosity. Avoiding glycerin outside the shower.
    Cowash:Suave Coconut Conditioner.
    Leave in: YtCucumbers and EVOO
    Styling Products: Flaxseed gel, Phillip B Soft Hold Gel, KMF Upper Management Gel
    DC: Doctored GVP or Suave conditioner
    Cleanser: Bentonite clay
  • SummerRubySummerRuby Posts: 468Registered Users
    ellepixie wrote: »

kanye-shrug-o.gif

I didn't. I read enough comments to judge that y'all weren't funny, and moved onto another thread. Didn't waste anymore time than I needed or wanted to.

• SilverAngel45SilverAngel45 Posts: 244Registered Users
    ya'll completely missed my point especially since I wasn't just talking about this last specific thread... there are so many people asking questions and looking for help and they get no where near as many responses as people saying neative things.. anyone can comment on anything they like.. i honestly just think its a little sad.. it happens pretty much everytime i noticed
    ya'll completely missed my point especially since I wasn't just talking about this last specific thread... there are so many people asking questions and looking for help and they get no where near as many responses as people saying neative things.. anyone can comment on anything they like.. i honestly just think its a little sad.. it happens pretty much everytime i noticed

Thanks for clarifying, actually, I totally didn't get that from your first post! So I do apologize. I think that some people who ask for help don't receive the responses they want because it's a thread that has been on here MULTIPLE times, and people get tired of answering the same question over and over again when it's clear that the person didn't even attempt to use the search function on NC (which is pretty excellent for a forum) to find their answer. Even if they found an old thread and bumped it, it would be more helpful, because we can see what they have already read or what had been suggested.

People don't want to be catty to them, so they just don't respond. I can only speak for myself, but that's my take on it.

Perfect example - the other day someone started a thread asking about detangling with a Denman, when I know that I have seen MANY threads on that, and even saw another one as recent as last week. Instead of answering her directly, I gave her the links to about five other long threads about detangling and Denmans, which she could have done just as well as I could have.

I think that people respond to the negative threads because they are just SO ridiculous and often silly that it warrants some kind of response. Now, if we got threads with the exact same trolling intro, we'd probably get tired of answering those too.
    YouTube
  • HipsterSoulHipsterSoul Posts: 1,017Registered Users

Lol, that was funny.
  • HipsterSoulHipsterSoul Posts: 1,017Registered Users

That's true.
  • empressriempressri Posts: 4,812Registered Users
    im just saying. goddesslala hooked me up with the cocacola but where's MY spaghetti?!

yall aint right.
    Lady Hasytal in the Land of Product in the Order of the Curly Crusaders
    "Trust is knowing your SO would do the right thing in the face of strange vagina." Nej
    [/B]
    empressri wrote: »
    im just saying. goddesslala hooked me up with the cocacola but where's MY spaghetti?!

yall aint right.

**cooks up some wheat spaghetti with turkey meatballs and mushrooms in a light vodka asiago sauce, hops in a helicopter, flies to NY**

**ding dong**
    YouTube
  • empressriempressri Posts: 4,812Registered Users

so now we HAVE to reply to every thread someone asks a question in??

it gets a bit redundant, especially and heaven forgive me, for some of the *cough* well i'll just say questions that i see. i want to say stop making 10 million threads asking xyz, either do a search or try it and see how it comes out. it's not like i see totally new posts on stuff all the time, 99.9% of the time it's something that you can find out by using the search function.
    Lady Hasytal in the Land of Product in the Order of the Curly Crusaders
    "Trust is knowing your SO would do the right thing in the face of strange vagina." Nej
    [/B]

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file