A proven routine for thick curly haired girls suffering from frizz! DRUGSTORE PRICES!

I recently have discontinued the CG method and have gone back to using products with sulfates and cones, therfore, I have been on the lookout for promising products that will make my hair behave. Being the beauty freak that I am, I was flipping through my June/July issue of Seventeen Magazine ad found a section labeled "A Special Guide For Girls With Thick Waves, Frizzy Curls, Or Poufy Hair." I was then totally hooked and continued on. It gave a list of products for using after shampooing and conditioning, and the reasons for using them.

1.) After you get out of the shower, before combing out your hair, spray a detangler in your hair that separates the strands. Attacking your hair with a brush to only separate knots can lead to breakage, which is especially hurtful for thick-haired girls.
**TRY**: "Pantene Pro-V Medium-Thick Hair Solutions Silkening Detangler" for $4 @ drugstores

2.) Moisture is the key to keeping curls smooth and soft. The key to moisture is mango butter. This natural oil separates and defines curls and add extra softness and hydration. Apply a cream to your hair after detangling by applying a small dollop and combing it through (be sure not to use too much as this can way down the curls).
**TRY**: Redken Curl Wise 14 Defining Cream" for $16 online or @ salons (I got mine from amazon.com for a very cheap price :D)

3.) After your hair dries, give your hair extra shine with a shine spray. Shine will turn your lifeless hair into nourish shinespray d hair! Look for ingredients like olive, avocado, and shea oils that make your hair gleam!
**TRY**: Garnier Fructis Triple Nutrition Nutrient Spray for $6 @ drugstores.

(For shampoo and conditioner, I use the Garnier Fructis Triple Nutrition Fortifying shampoo and conditioner. I loved how the packaging said it would nourish your hair from the inside out. After all, happy hair is healthy hair!)

The best part of using these products are that they can easily be found at drugstores! The only one that can't be found at a drugstore and did cost a little bit more of money was the Redken cream. It said that you would have to go to salons to find it, but I got it for about $15 + shipping at amazon.com, which was about a $10 discount!

I have been using these products for a while now and I absolutely love them! I am much happier with my hair and my day because I found that the CG method was a bit stressful and a lot of work, for results that I didn't really appreciate.

Hope I helped you have peace with your hair! Ask me any questions that you may have!
2b-2c ~~ Fine-Medium Hair ~~ High Porosity ~~ Normal Elasticity
CG AS OF 2/16/10
Now use low-poo....AWESOME RESULTS (switched 3/28/10)

Low-Poo: Giovanni TTT Shampoo
Rinse-Out: GVP Conditioning Balm
Stylers: LA Looks Sport Gel

Current methods: Icequeen Method, then plop for 30 minutes (diffuse if needed)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file