What to do with protein condish?

wavesalotwavesalot Registered Users Posts: 8
Before I figured out that my hair doesn't need and doesn't like protein, I bought a lot, as in Costco size 2-pack, of wheat protein conditioner. Any suggestions on what to do with it instead of throwing it out? I've heard of using condish as a shave gel and it's works alright for that, but are there any other uses?

TIA
2c, Asian hair, medium porosity, high elasticity, and protein sensitive.

Comments

• Goin'GreyGoin'Grey Registered Users Posts: 301 Curl Neophyte
    Hi too had to use a lot as shaving lotion. I also just gave it away. The wheat protein is the WORST for my hair. I can however tolerate the suave coconut my hair seems to like that one I forget what kind of protein that is...
    3A, Protein Senitive, Low Porosity,
    Med-Course
    Wash: Suave Naturals Conds (excluding Coconut), CVSB
    Rinse out/Leave In: GVP Cond. Balm, KCKT,
    Style: Naturelle Gel(winter HG), KCCC (summer HG), Flaxseed gel
    SOTC: JCNS
    Love your hair: Love yourself!
  • asianrunnerasianrunner Registered Users Posts: 2,251 Curl Neophyte
    You could try selling/trading it on the swap board.
    Coarse texture, normal-high porosity, normal elasticity (Komaza Care), very weak waves
    cleanser: Redken Fresh Curls Shampoo, CJ Daily Fix

rinse out: GVP Conditioning Balm, CJ Beauticurls, CJ Smoothing

jellies/creams: CR Curl Maker, KCCC
    gels: CJ CQ, CJ Pattern Pusha, BRHG

• nandiknitsnandiknits Registered Users Posts: 260
    I give away all my hair product that doesn't work in my hair. I have a young friend who is a curly and uses cones, proteins etc.
    CG since June/09
    3a/b extremely thick, coarse, porous
    Loving AOHR, Biolage Conditioning Balm, KCCC.:glasses8:
  • Lucky CharmLucky Charm Registered Users Posts: 1,250
    I gave all my protein products to my fine straight-haired mother.
    She'll use anything, so it works out well
    - 2C - Coarse Canopy & med/fine underlayers
    - MOP C Hydrating 'poo
    - LOreal Natures Therapy Moisturizing condish, ION Effective Care, Garnier S&S (old formula)
    - treatments: CJ Curl Rehab, CJ Repair Me!
    - plopping, diffusing, and clipping the roots
  • AmberBrownAmberBrown Registered Users Posts: 1,072
    After checking to make sure none of my family or close friends can use my disappointments, I give to the Goodwill :)
  • asianrunnerasianrunner Registered Users Posts: 2,251 Curl Neophyte
    AmberBrown wrote: »
    After checking to make sure none of my family or close friends can use my disappointments, I give to the Goodwill :)

I recently made a huge donation of shampoos/conditioners/stylers to the local homeless shelter. I checked before to make sure they took products that were partially used since my Goodwill won't!
    Coarse texture, normal-high porosity, normal elasticity (Komaza Care), very weak waves
    cleanser: Redken Fresh Curls Shampoo, CJ Daily Fix

rinse out: GVP Conditioning Balm, CJ Beauticurls, CJ Smoothing

jellies/creams: CR Curl Maker, KCCC
    gels: CJ CQ, CJ Pattern Pusha, BRHG

• AmberBrownAmberBrown Registered Users Posts: 1,072
    AmberBrown wrote: »

I recently made a huge donation of shampoos/conditioners/stylers to the local homeless shelter. I checked before to make sure they took products that were partially used since my Goodwill won't!

That's a good point, Asianrunner! I actually used "Goodwill" as a kind of general name for charitable organizations...they probably wouldn't take used products especially since they sell their stuff. I'd add churches to homeless shelters.

And products that are totally new/still sealed can be given to drives (can't think of the official name but schools/churches/pretty much anyone can sponsor them and the goods can go as far away as to soldiers overseas or as close as a nearby neighborhood).
  • wavesalotwavesalot Registered Users Posts: 8
    These are all good suggestions. Thanks for the replies.
    2c, Asian hair, medium porosity, high elasticity, and protein sensitive.
  • justajesuschickjustajesuschick Registered Users Posts: 1,657 Curl Neophyte
    I donate to my church's food pantry (they take personal care items, too) a local women's shelter and I also water down conditioner that did not work for my hair and use it as liquid laundry fabric softener-especially if it is a used bottle.
    I'm 47. Straight hair until 6/2010. THANKS, thyroid!
    2b, medium-fine, normal-low porosity, medium density and elasticity
    CG since 7/1/2010

Cleanse: Abba Color Protect
    Condition: DevaCurl OC
    LI: CJ-Deep Fix, Beauticurls LI
    Curl Enhancer: CHS Curl Keeper, KCCC
    Gel: Alba Strong Hold Gel, BRHG, Hugo Naturals Gel, SS FHG, CJPP
    Trying/Maybe: Ecostyler, CJRM
  • stefflynhstefflynh Registered Users Posts: 410
    Goin'Grey wrote: »
    Hi too had to use a lot as shaving lotion. I also just gave it away. The wheat protein is the WORST for my hair. I can however tolerate the suave coconut my hair seems to like that one I forget what kind of protein that is...

Yup,me too! Wheat protein is a killer for my hair!! hydrolized keratin, silk, collagen, vegetable, etc. all works great on my hair though.

Not sure what's in suave coconut...I may have to google it. This condish doesn't like my hair, so I'm curious now that you mentioned it...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]properties-3 a\b, very fine, medium density, normal porosity, normal elasticity
    low poo- GTT, 50\50 or whatever I have at hand
    RO- CJBCS, TNVC, Suave Coco
    Stylers-FSG & BRHG
    PT (twice a week)-CJRM, Ion Reconstructor, SSPT
  • stefflynhstefflynh Registered Users Posts: 410
    Water (Aqua), Cetyl Alcohol, Cetrimonium Chloride, Potassium Chloride, Fragrance (Parfum), Distearyldimonium Chloride, Disodium EDTA, Glycerin, 2 Bromo 2 Nitropropane 1, 3 Diol, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Propylene Glycol, Silk Amino Acids, Honey (Mel), Nettle (Urtica Dioica) Extract, Rosemary (Rosmarinus Officinalis) Extract, Coconut (Cocoa Nucifera) Extract

I know my hair likes silk amino acids, so i'm guessing it must be the coconut it doesn't like, since I know coconut oil doesn't work for my hair...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]properties-3 a\b, very fine, medium density, normal porosity, normal elasticity
    low poo- GTT, 50\50 or whatever I have at hand
    RO- CJBCS, TNVC, Suave Coco
    Stylers-FSG & BRHG
    PT (twice a week)-CJRM, Ion Reconstructor, SSPT
  • Goin'GreyGoin'Grey Registered Users Posts: 301 Curl Neophyte
    Regarding the suave coconut I know it has glycerin in it, which takes in moisture. It works well for me, does maybe that's it.
    3A, Protein Senitive, Low Porosity,
    Med-Course
    Wash: Suave Naturals Conds (excluding Coconut), CVSB
    Rinse out/Leave In: GVP Cond. Balm, KCKT,
    Style: Naturelle Gel(winter HG), KCCC (summer HG), Flaxseed gel
    SOTC: JCNS
    Love your hair: Love yourself!
  • WavzeyJWavzeyJ Registered Users Posts: 80
    I have used conditioners that I don't like for my hair to shave my legs with!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2c/3a in back/3a in front (changing with length, CG routine, and dew points)
    Medium texture. Lots of gray that I color.
    Started CG Feb 2010
    Hair loves: Lots of moisture, FSG, co-washing, coconut oil, and occasional protein.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file