My experience at Christos with Tameeka

swishtutswishtut Posts: 30Registered Users
Hi All,
Since I've learned so much from the ladies of this forum over the years, I wanted to post about my experience. I went last friday. Filled out a questionnaire. One of the questions was tell me what you like about your hair. I had to leave that one blank. A little background.
I'm natural for several years, but I've been wearing my hair flat ironed and for the last year flat ironed and up. My hair isn't long but not really short either. I'm 4A with thicker hair in the back with my softest hair on top. In addition to flat ironing, I color my hair. (Not so Natural...) I considered Hair Rules and Carlos Fiores, but I picked Tameeka because people who had gone said she taught you how to do your hair and took a lot of time with you. And I suspected that I was going about this natural thing all wrong. And it turned out I was right.
I learned a very important lesson that I wanted to share with you all. It isn't the product, it's the process. Let me say that again. "It isn't the product, it's th process". Can I tell you how much product I've purchased. I would go into the forum or youtube and someone would say they had success with a particular product and I would buy it. And out of all the products I purchased, the only thing I used was some Paul Mitchell, the [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Kinky-Curly-Curling-Custard-p-778.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=kinkycurly-curling-custard]KCCC[/buylink], and the Hair Rules.As it turned out, what I suspected was true,and I wasted a lot of time looking and money for the HG.
There is no HG. Yes, there are products that will work on your hair better then others. But as long as you condition, condition pretty much any product will work as long as you put it in right. Because it is the process that will make your hair do what you want it to do.
Back to Christos. When I came from the dryer I looked at myself in the mirror and said, "I look like I always look. I could have stayed home and did this myself" But then she started to work her magic and I started cheesing.

Whatever you pay to see Tameeka, is nothing compared to the knowledge you get. I have the hair I have always wanted. I would do my hair and it would just look like a hot mess. Crunchy, no shape, just didn't look like anything. And now it's defined, it moves, it shines, the curls are separated, and I have the best hair color I've ever had. And I have shape in my hair. And the most important thing.... This morning I washed my hair. I had to. I messed up the back. First I wet it. Lost my curls. Then I added some conditioner. Nothing. Then I wet it and added some [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Kinky-Curly-Curling-Custard-p-778.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=kinkycurly-curling-custard]KCCC[/buylink]. Nothing Then I wet it and added some Curlisto. Nothing. So I had to wash it. But I was able to recreate what she did. I did have to make a phone call to Christos. But once she gave me a little instruction, (I missed a step) it came out perfect.

I tried to post photos of my hair (no face. I look busted) but they're too big. If anyone has any suggestions on how I can reduce the size I'll send the pics.
Go see her.
Jackie

Comments

• NikG20NikG20 Posts: 461Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Nice to hear you had such a great experience. If you have a photobucket account you can resize the pictures there...
    Hz5exYvWIb4
    Children's Natural Hair Care & Styling Blog:
  • hippychichippychic Posts: 4,673Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    aww man! i want to see your pics :flower:

happy to read of your great experience! so many times we read horror stories.
    LOIS (OS); cottony, TYPE 4 hair, fine/med strands; no cones bcz my hair hates them; last relaxer '98; now low porosity:?, ignores most natural hair rules; BC #8

faves: suave, v05 shampoo, conditioner (my own), raw shea butter, castor oil, peanut oil, aloe juice
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • CerendipityCerendipity Posts: 5,091Registered Users Curl Novice
    ooo I want to see pictures too!!!
  • WinonaWinona Posts: 565Registered Users
    Glad to hear about your great experience. So what was her corrected process??? and you know we LOVE PICS :)
  • hypnotichypnotic Posts: 613Registered Users
    good post but you never explained the "process"
    Shampoo: Giovanni 50:50, Nexxus Aloe Rid
    Detangling Conditioner: Oyin Honey Hemp, EO Sweet Orange
    Cowash Conditioner:
    Suave Naturals Sea Breeze, V05 Tea Therapy, Oyin Honey Hemp
    Deep Conditioner: CJ Hibiscus & Banana Deep Fix, Spa Siam Coconut Hair Mask, Yes to Carrots Mud Mask
    Leave-in Conditioner: Afroveda NU Milk Hair Conditioner, CJ Hibiscus & Banana Honey Butta Leave-in, Knot Today
    Stylers: SheaMoisture, JC Nourish and Shine, Burdock Root Butter Cream, Afroveda CocoLatte Moisture Mask
  • swishtutswishtut Posts: 30Registered Users
    Hi,
    I'll try to resize the pictures. I took them with my camera, and they're too many bites. They only allow about 29KB on this site.
    As far as the process goes it's just using products that work for you but not using too much.
    Go to curlisto.com and look at the video for kinky coily hair. That's the process. And you don't have to use their products.

I just found out how to resize the pictures. I'll do it later. I'm at work.
  • snappynappysnappynappy Posts: 1,262Registered Users
    Side-eye's this entire post.:confused3:
    I havent figured out how to add pictures..:angry7:

V05
    Suave Humectant
    Giovanni

:happy3: conditioner junkie:happy3:
  • CocoTCocoT Posts: 5,330Registered Users
    Side-eye's this entire post.:confused3:
    LMFAO!
    11.gif
    Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds
    -Albert Einstein
    Discounts:iHerb: EZA283 for $5 off!, OCO522 for $10 off first purchase | Komaza Care Referral Code: J5Q362VG
  • CoilyKinks436CoilyKinks436 Posts: 76Registered Users
    Tameeka is amazing. Can't wait to see your pics.
    BC: March 16, 2006
    Hair Type: 3b/3c/4a
    Shampoo: L'occitane Armachologie Repairing Shampoo/Ouidad Hard Water Shampoo, Baking Soda, ACV
    Conditioners: *Pending*
    Protein: Nexxus Emergence; Nexxus Keraphix
    Leave In: Giovanni Leave In, KBB Leave In, Hemp Oil
    Styling Aids: KBB Hair Creams, Qhemet Olive and Honey Balm
    Oils: Biotique Bhringraj Oil
    Sorry it took so long. I took these pictures after I had washed my hair myself. Well, to be honest, I only washed the back. LOL. I actually washed it in the shower. Because I sleep on my back and I messed up the curls. I tried to refresh and haven't figured out how to do that yet. I tried several things, and it just got worse. So I washed it, and then it was fine.
    I just took pics of my hair.

Attachment not found.

395.jpg

IMG_0391.jpg

IMG_0393.jpg

IMG_0394.jpg

IMG_0389.jpg
  • naiha1naiha1 Posts: 209Registered Users
    So did Tameeka just style your hair? cut? Your hair looks great! Just wondering what you had done.
    Happy, Nappy, and Kinky 24/7!!
    4/b very coily
  • moodydovemoodydove Posts: 1,721Registered Users
    swishtut wrote: »
    Sorry it took so long. I took these pictures after I had washed my hair myself. Well, to be honest, I only washed the back. LOL. I actually washed it in the shower. Because I sleep on my back and I messed up the curls. I tried to refresh and haven't figured out how to do that yet. I tried several things, and it just got worse. So I washed it, and then it was fine.
    I just took pics of my hair.

Attachment not found.

395.jpg

IMG_0391.jpg

IMG_0393.jpg

IMG_0394.jpg

IMG_0389.jpg

Pretty color! What did she do though?
    Big chop: 5/30/10
    CG, clarify with Aveda Brilliant Shampoo when needed
    Dense, medium-fine strands, lowish porosity. Avoiding glycerin outside the shower.
    Cowash:Suave Coconut Conditioner.
    Leave in: YtCucumbers and EVOO
    Styling Products: Flaxseed gel, Phillip B Soft Hold Gel, KMF Upper Management Gel
    DC: Doctored GVP or Suave conditioner
    Cleanser: Bentonite clay
    I got everything. I love the color. Usually my hair is OK but I'm not loving it. This time I loved it. The base is darker then I usually get and the highlight is brown. I let her pick the color, and she did a great job.
    I also got it cut. I had been wearing my hair flat ironed and I knew whatever cut I had wouldn't work with wearing it natural. she didn't cut much off. Just gave it some shape so that it's easy to style. I'm telling you I've been to some nice salons but I really liked her work.
    Once it was conditioned it took about 2 minutes to apply the product. I sat under a dryer but you can let it air dry. When you come out of the dryer it doesn't look like much until you blow it out.
    Do any of you ever use youtube for information. There are people out there with great demos.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file