BE HONEST: What do Black women with 4a/4b hair think of black women with 3a/3b hair?

l'animauxl'animaux Posts: 5Registered Users
I'm black and I find that a lot of black women give me negativity for my hair (3b) Most of you will probably assume that I'm mixed, but I'm all black on both sides. My hair wasn't always 3b more like 4b, but my amazing hair dresser has changed the texture of my hair.

What do you honestly first think when you see a black woman with 3b hair?

Comments

• Cali ChikCali Chik Posts: 1,494Registered Users
    Ay no offense, either you are really ignorant or extremely naive. I'm leaning toward the former.
    subbrock wrote: »
    - don't let everybody elses long straight weave bum you out. don't let other people's big/long natural hair bum you out either. embrace what you have and rock it with confidence, because that's the only way you'll be happy. and whether you realize it or not you are somebody's influence. show them what it truly means to be confident.

www.lifestarbeauty.com
    Hate me? Love me? then Follow me! www.twitter.com/vidastarr

• beetle87beetle87 Posts: 136Registered Users
    Honestly, I would think nothing b/c I don't really care. I'm well aware that black people have different textures. I have had some women look at my hair and were surprised that my hair curls.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Cali Chik wrote: »
    Ay no offense, either you are really ignorant or extremely naive. I'm leaning toward the former.

+1, lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • LhoreSpencerLhoreSpencer Posts: 474Registered Users
    Cali Chik wrote: »
    +2
    FdQlm4.png
    Falling deeper and deeper and deeper in :love4: with my beautiful mixture of springy, tight coils and super duper kinks.

*SIGH* Alas, I've come to accept my shrinkage and fairy knots :angry7:

There are no magic potions, concoctions, elixirs, or pills for hair growth, weight loss, or financial independence... so stop looking for a quick fix!!!
  • AmberBrownAmberBrown Posts: 1,072Registered Users
    Lol it depends. If her curls are fierce and on point then.... I think that they're fierce and on point and will tell her that. If her hair is raggedy, well...that's what I think of it. Same thing I would do for a black woman with 4b hair...

I assume you were expecting something more controversial--but all my black female friends with natural hair feel the same way. At least that's how they rep themselves #kanyeshrug
  • hippychichippychic Posts: 4,673Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    oh my, what's the girl's name that was banned and comes back every so often with a new name talking the same ish? :sign5:
    LOIS (OS); cottony, TYPE 4 hair, fine/med strands; no cones bcz my hair hates them; last relaxer '98; now low porosity:?, ignores most natural hair rules; BC #8

faves: suave, v05 shampoo, conditioner (my own), raw shea butter, castor oil, peanut oil, aloe juice
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • CerendipityCerendipity Posts: 5,091Registered Users Curl Novice
    I think the same of anyones hair. " Oh, hair, cool....next"
  • *Marah**Marah* Posts: 8,032Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    l'animaux wrote: »
    I'm black and I find that a lot of black women give me negativity for my hair (3b) Most of you will probably assume that I'm mixed, but I'm all black on both sides. My hair wasn't always 3b more like 4b, but my amazing hair dresser has changed the texture of my hair.

Well this is not the board that thinks certain specific to a certain racial makeup. And are you sure it's because of your hair that these women act negatively toward you ?

The reason I ask is because I have 3c/3b and while I have heard things like.. "Oh she think she cute cause she got good hair" before.. THAT was in my youth and from other young GIRLS.

As an adult.. black women on the other hand have been pretty complimentary whether they are relaxed or natural themselves. So have white and asian women for that matter.

And with all due respect.. if the texture of your hair has changed it really has nothing to do with your curl pattern being looser. Since texture and hair type are not the same thing.

Your curl pattern is probably looser because your stylist used chemicals in it without you knowing. A lot of stylists will do a "deep treatment" which is actually relaxer chemicals mixed with conditioner because it's simply not possible to go from 4b hair all the way to 3a or 3b without the use of some sort of chemical. And they don't exactly tell their client what's in this "special deep treatment" that some how loosened their curls.

So be careful with that..because again with all due respect.. your hair couldn't POSSIBLY be natural and have initially been a 4b and miraculously go to being a 3a/3b.. a lot of stylist will sneak and do this because they don't want to put up with really tightly coiled hair or because their client complains about their hair being to frizzy or to tightly coiled.
    tumblr_m9jonzYZmu1re7hjjo1_250.jpg
    So, what's for dinner tonight?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    i need to go to the grocery store? thinking about spaghetti :)
    LOIS (OS); cottony, TYPE 4 hair, fine/med strands; no cones bcz my hair hates them; last relaxer '98; now low porosity:?, ignores most natural hair rules; BC #8

faves: suave, v05 shampoo, conditioner (my own), raw shea butter, castor oil, peanut oil, aloe juice
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • murrrcatmurrrcat Posts: 9,596Registered Users
    being honest, I think you're a troll.
    tumblr_mji9u1Fwza1rh1wv4o1_500.jpg
  • eccentric_kurlzeccentric_kurlz Posts: 4,151Registered Users Curl Connoisseur

Nothing. I mean, I don't think anything negative, nor do I wonder how "mixed" she is or isn't. Lovely, healthy hair is just that. Could care less if it's a 3b or a 100z.

For some reason, I'm smelling a troll w/this thread. Seems like it was created to incite drama.

"Them 4abc's hate me because of my hair, but they don't know I was just like them until my AMAZING stylist took me from kinks to curls."

*snort*

My apologies for the snark. I just find it difficult to take this thread seriously when it was created with assumptions at the jump.
    A wonderful mix of coils, curls, corkscrews, and kinks.

http://s211.photobucket.com/albums/bb133/shyygirl_2007/
    PW: curlyhair

I have a blog now. Follow meeeee! :)

http://naturalurbanista.blogspot.com/

"You see, when it comes to language competence, a true patriot must hit that sweet spot between "job-stealing immigrant" and "liberal elitist." ~Eilonwy

Wanna have access to the top names in fashion and luxury at up to 70% off retail? Sure you do. http://tinyurl.com/3yxneol

DC metro area
    she's reeling members in... using the bait. she's been here under a few names. she will let the post go on and on, them come in and say how stupid we all are...

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    hippychic wrote: »

Sounds good. Are you adding meatballs to it?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    beetle87 wrote: »

turkey meatballs! yummah :flower:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • HomeGrownHairGirlHomeGrownHairGirl Posts: 296Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    If you are a real person and not a troll; you shouldn't care what people think about you or your hair.

Now go forth and be merry! :wave:

eventpng

Yum!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mmmmm.....spaghetti and turkey meatballs.

*Homer drool*

"You see, when it comes to language competence, a true patriot must hit that sweet spot between "job-stealing immigrant" and "liberal elitist." ~Eilonwy

Wanna have access to the top names in fashion and luxury at up to 70% off retail? Sure you do. http://tinyurl.com/3yxneol

DC metro area
  • Nicky791Nicky791 Posts: 679Registered Users

How about sausages instead? I love sausages in my spaghetti
    Last Relaxer: March 26 2009
    Mini Chop: January 16 2010
    BC: April 4 2010
    Transitioned for 1yr 9days!
    Fotki: http://members.fotki.com/Nicky791/about/
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/Nicky791
    hmmmm, turkey sausage? i might give this a try. my children are so picky :sad1:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • HomeGrownHairGirlHomeGrownHairGirl Posts: 296Registered Users Curl Neophyte

I've heard that ground turkey tastes better in spaghetti than ground beef; but I haven't tried it yet... at least not in spaghetti.

eventpng
  • aubinaubin Posts: 286Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Nicky791 wrote: »

ok, now I'm hungry...
    3c/4a OS curls
    Poo: Mehandi Zizyphus Spina Christi and Juniper Shampoo Bar
    Co-wash/Detangler/Leave-in: V05, Giovanni SAS, Tresemme Naturals, Suave Naturals, GVP Conditioning Balm, Aussie Moist
    DC: henna, AOHR, AOWC, Yes to Carrots, DevaOne
    Sealing: cocoa butter
    :clock:Natural since 1990, BC #3 September 2008:clock:
  • Nicky791Nicky791 Posts: 679Registered Users

The only time I notice someone's hair is either if it's incredibly beautifully styled or the opposite. and even then I don't really care. lol

But I don't think it's possible for your 4b to turn into a 3b so unless you are cool with having chemicals magically put into your hair I would suggest you stay away from your 'amazing stylist'
    Last Relaxer: March 26 2009
    Mini Chop: January 16 2010
    BC: April 4 2010
    Transitioned for 1yr 9days!
    Fotki: http://members.fotki.com/Nicky791/about/
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/Nicky791
  • rosscdrosscd Posts: 464Registered Users
    Nicky791 wrote: »

I love pepperoni in my spaghetti. LOL
    4a Curly :icon_smile:

Been natural since Jan 09. BCing is my thing!! Love to keep a tight TWA!

My Staples:
    CJ Smoothing Conitioner, CJ Daily Fix,Cherry Lola Treatment, CJ CCCC, CJ Smoothing Lotion, Uncle Funky's Daughter Curly Majic, KCCC, Eco Blue and KMF UMG
    i haven't had beef in years! it's the only way i know. i eventually wanted to become vegetarian but that didn't work out to well for me.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Y'all are seriously making me hungry.

Have any of you tried chicken sausage. It's quite yummy. :)

DC metro area
  • msjaimmsjaim Posts: 948Registered Users
    To the OP, if you're not a troll, I truly dont understand these types of inquiries... what type of knowledge to u plan to gain from this question? I know ppl can ask what they want, but dont be shocked @ the responses you get. Sounds like a **** starting question considering what you're implying to a forum full of "nappy headed" women. I think ppl should ask themsleves if they are still a "slave" before they post questions...gotta get that mind right...smh
    i've never tried chicken sausage. i tried chicken something else (can't remember what it was) and didn't like it.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Cali ChikCali Chik Posts: 1,494Registered Users
    It's my lunch break... Now I want turkey spaghetti... where the hell am I supposed to find some turkey spaghetti!
    subbrock wrote: »
    - don't let everybody elses long straight weave bum you out. don't let other people's big/long natural hair bum you out either. embrace what you have and rock it with confidence, because that's the only way you'll be happy. and whether you realize it or not you are somebody's influence. show them what it truly means to be confident.

www.lifestarbeauty.com
    Hate me? Love me? then Follow me! www.twitter.com/vidastarr

• msjaimmsjaim Posts: 948Registered Users
    i've never tried chicken sausage. i tried chicken something else (can't remember what it was) and didn't like it.

Ive had chicken sausage W/ apple & it is the schnzit

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file