Naomi Campbell's Natural Hair

ShellyeShellye Posts: 74Registered Users
I saw this picture on the Daily Mail's website and was shocked. Surprisingly, what little she has going on underneath the wig is natural. She's so beautiful, it's really a shame she feels the need to always hide her own hair.

Has anyone seen hair recover from traction alopecia this bad?
Black African Hair
There's only one like it in the world!

Preshampoo - Joico Moisture Recovery Treatment Balm
Shampoo - KC Come Clean
Condition - Joico Moisture Recovery
Leave In - KCKT, Kiehl's Formula 133
Seal - Jojoba Oil
Moisturize - Rosewater
«13

Comments

  • *Marah**Marah* Posts: 8,032Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Naomi's hair has been like that for years... I've actually seen it grow in a little. But I think for the most part she's damaged her hair folicles so bad that the hair comes in sparsly. I am not suprised she doesn't have a relaxer at all. She has seemed to not have one for many years actually.

    I've seen traction alopecia even worse than that.. where the person basically has only a few patches of hair all over their head. I've seen Naomi's real hair and she does have hair in the middle and back. It's very very short though.
    tumblr_m9jonzYZmu1re7hjjo1_250.jpg
  • BekkaPooBekkaPoo Posts: 3,861Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    valerie1MOS0610_468x567.jpg

    10075.jpg
    "The challenge is to be yourself in a world that is trying to make you like everybody else."
    "...rationality is not necessary to sell things.."
    My staples: Mane n Tail (cowash), Garnier Fructis Sleek n Shine (leave in condish), Grapeseed oil or shea butter (sealing), Organic Root Stimulator Elasticitea (leave-in condish & light hold)
  • cheveuxboucléscheveuxbouclés Posts: 1,111Registered Users
    Shellye wrote: »
    I saw this picture on the Daily Mail's website and was shocked. Surprisingly, what little she has going on underneath the wig is natural. She's so beautiful, it's really a shame she feels the need to always hide her own hair.

    Has anyone seen hair recover from traction alopecia this bad?


    Just saw this on Dlisted and was suprised at the comment section. I suspect most of the people on there are not black, but they were pushing her to go bald and/or natural. There is actually a mini discussion on natural hair on there.
  • subbrocksubbrock Posts: 8,212Registered Users
    i saw this picture on bossip this morning and i was like :shock:
  • greenandchicgreenandchic Posts: 2,584Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    curlylcp wrote: »
    Shellye wrote: »
    I saw this picture on the Daily Mail's website and was shocked. Surprisingly, what little she has going on underneath the wig is natural. She's so beautiful, it's really a shame she feels the need to always hide her own hair.

    Has anyone seen hair recover from traction alopecia this bad?


    Just saw this on Dlisted and was suprised at the comment section. I suspect most of the people on there are not black, but they were pushing her to go bald and/or natural. There is actually a mini discussion on natural hair on there.

    It is usually that "other" that generally encourages us to go natural than "us". At least that's been the case in my experience.
    APL BSL MBL WL HL TBL | porous, fine/medium strands, medium density
    My Fotki!
    Below: Typical PS bun
    004-vi.jpg
  • hippychichippychic Posts: 4,673Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    wowowowowowow!!!! lace front wigs damaged her hair like that :shaking:
    LOIS (OS); cottony, TYPE 4 hair, fine/med strands; no cones bcz my hair hates them; last relaxer '98; now low porosity:?, ignores most natural hair rules; BC #8

    faves: suave, v05 shampoo, conditioner (my own), raw shea butter, castor oil, peanut oil, aloe juice
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • hypnotichypnotic Posts: 613Registered Users
    I can't imagine she hasn't seen a specialist about this, I mean she's rich. Even if she wants to wear fake hair, I would think she realizes hair shouldn't be this damaged. So I wonder if it's irreversible and she can't do anything else. If my sides and edges were gone I would probably wear wigs. I don't think the Mr. Clean look is for everyone, especially when I hate it on most men.
    Shampoo: Giovanni 50:50, Nexxus Aloe Rid
    Detangling Conditioner: Oyin Honey Hemp, EO Sweet Orange
    Cowash Conditioner:
    Suave Naturals Sea Breeze, V05 Tea Therapy, Oyin Honey Hemp
    Deep Conditioner: CJ Hibiscus & Banana Deep Fix, Spa Siam Coconut Hair Mask, Yes to Carrots Mud Mask
    Leave-in Conditioner: Afroveda NU Milk Hair Conditioner, CJ Hibiscus & Banana Honey Butta Leave-in, Knot Today
    Stylers: SheaMoisture, JC Nourish and Shine, Burdock Root Butter Cream, Afroveda CocoLatte Moisture Mask
  • MelodyKewlMelodyKewl Posts: 32Registered Users
    Whoa... thats not even cool. Where's Dr. Miracles when you need him?
    I stand out in the crowd of Mediocrity. The only reason why you don't see me is because you weren't meant to.

    ~BC 4/16/2010~

    4a/4b Hair

    [www.cosmetically-challenged.com

    Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/beyondthekink?feature=mhum

    Shampoo:Chargin Valley Shampoo Bars
    Conditioner: Various Ayurvedic Conditioner Mixes
    Styler: My very own Shea butter mixtures and Ecco Styler Gel.
  • 3c4d7zwhatevs3c4d7zwhatevs Posts: 1,589Registered Users
    Melo****wl wrote: »
    Whoa... thats not even cool. Where's Dr. Miracles when you need him?
    LOL you are SO wrong for that. I needed that laugh this morning though - thanks!
    4a/3c curls
    Fine strands, not as densely-placed as I would like
    Ayurvedic herbs are the TRUTH
    Team Wash and Go!
    iHerb code:UYA010 - get 5% off your first purchase
  • Nicky791Nicky791 Posts: 679Registered Users
    I"m confused....so the 'lost edges' are from wearing wigs? How?
    Last Relaxer: March 26 2009
    Mini Chop: January 16 2010
    BC: April 4 2010
    Transitioned for 1yr 9days!
    Fotki: http://members.fotki.com/Nicky791/about/
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/Nicky791
  • teachermrwteachermrw Posts: 269Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Here's an article on Clutch re: Naomi's hair situation:

    http://clutchmagonline.com/newsgossipinfo/naomis-bald-hairline-the-downside-of-weave/
    Your hair is your most important accessory.
    ______________________________________
    The Big Chop performed on 1/15/2011!!!:love7:

    event.png
  • greenandchicgreenandchic Posts: 2,584Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Nicky791 wrote: »
    I"m confused....so the 'lost edges' are from wearing wigs? How?

    I never understood that either, but the article did mention "glue". That may be it. I never had a wig or weave so I don't know how they work...
    APL BSL MBL WL HL TBL | porous, fine/medium strands, medium density
    My Fotki!
    Below: Typical PS bun
    004-vi.jpg
  • JahNaturalDezignJahNaturalDezign Posts: 1,160Registered Users
    hypnotic wrote: »
    I can't imagine she hasn't seen a specialist about this, I mean she's rich. Even if she wants to wear fake hair, I would think she realizes hair shouldn't be this damaged. So I wonder if it's irreversible and she can't do anything else. If my sides and edges were gone I would probably wear wigs. I don't think the Mr. Clean look is for everyone, especially when I hate it on most men.

    I have a cousin that loooves wigs. Because of this she has completely abandoned care for her real hair. I guess since it's being covered up all the time it's easy to ignore.
    Nicky791 wrote: »
    I"m confused....so the 'lost edges' are from wearing wigs? How?

    I never understood that either, but the article did mention "glue". That may be it. I never had a wig or weave so I don't know how they work...

    The same cousin was telling me her temple area is thinning badly now because of the half wig constantly rubbing against her head. I guess it's from being pulled too tight. I've never worn wigs either but there must be elastic or some type of material at the edges???
  • *Marah**Marah* Posts: 8,032Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Nicky791 wrote: »
    I"m confused....so the 'lost edges' are from wearing wigs? How?

    It doesn't have to be just from wigs and probably in all likelihood isn't in her case.

    Traction alopecia is damage to the hair follicles or scalp from constant tension or pulling on the hair.

    A lot of traction alopecia issues come from wearing tightly pulled back buns, ponytails, braids, braid and sew in weaves, weaves that use latex glue, lace front wigs used with glue or adhesive tape that isn't removed in a timely fashion and are allowed to pull at the hair, wigs that have combs inside or clips that pull on the hair line.

    Basically from wearing ANY hairstyle that pulls your hair to tension over a long period of time can cause traction alopecia. Since the hair line is the weakest part of the hair..it usually occurs there first.

    If it's caught early, the person stops the tension applied to their hair, and treats the area..the hair usually comes back fine within a few months. But if not caught in time the hair follicles are permanently damaged and the hair will either not grow back at all or it will be very sparse.

    In many places Naomi's hair follicles are probably permanently damaged cause I saw her hair line like that years ago in photos..so this is old news to me.
    tumblr_m9jonzYZmu1re7hjjo1_250.jpg
  • LhoreSpencerLhoreSpencer Posts: 474Registered Users
    Here are more pics from the dlist website http://www.dlisted.com/node/37843
    that does not look like natural hair to me AT ALL!!!:confused::scratch::sad5::shock::shock:
    That's all those years of weave tightening... take a peak at Brandy's hairline for further confirmation of braid tightening...
    Naomi needs a lace front or she needs to rock her head clean shaven... ain't like she wouldn't look fiyah!!!
    FdQlm4.png
    Falling deeper and deeper and deeper in :love4: with my beautiful mixture of springy, tight coils and super duper kinks.

    *SIGH* Alas, I've come to accept my shrinkage and fairy knots :angry7:

    There are no magic potions, concoctions, elixirs, or pills for hair growth, weight loss, or financial independence... so stop looking for a quick fix!!!
  • beetle87beetle87 Posts: 136Registered Users
    Damn:neutral:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • *Marah**Marah* Posts: 8,032Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Naomi needs a lace front or she needs to rock her head clean shaven... ain't like she wouldn't look fiyah!!!

    That's what the hell I would do.. if my hair couldn't grow back.. I would just shave it all and wear me some nice lace fronts.. ROFL!
    tumblr_m9jonzYZmu1re7hjjo1_250.jpg
  • Nicky791Nicky791 Posts: 679Registered Users
    Nicky791 wrote: »
    I"m confused....so the 'lost edges' are from wearing wigs? How?

    It doesn't have to be just from wigs and probably in all likelihood isn't in her case.

    Traction alopecia is damage to the hair follicles or scalp from constant tension or pulling on the hair.

    A lot of traction alopecia issues come from wearing tightly pulled back buns, ponytails, braids, braid and sew in weaves, weaves that use latex glue, lace front wigs used with glue or adhesive tape that isn't removed in a timely fashion and are allowed to pull at the hair, wigs that have combs inside or clips that pull on the hair line.

    Basically from wearing ANY hairstyle that pulls your hair to tension over a long period of time can cause traction alopecia. Since the hair line is the weakest part of the hair..it usually occurs there first.

    If it's caught early, the person stops the tension applied to their hair, and treats the area..the hair usually comes back fine within a few months. But if not caught in time the hair follicles are permanently damaged and the hair will either not grow back at all or it will be very sparse.

    In many places Naomi's hair follicles are probably permanently damaged cause I saw her hair line like that years ago in photos..so this is old news to me.

    Thanks so much for the info! That cleared it up for me :)
    Last Relaxer: March 26 2009
    Mini Chop: January 16 2010
    BC: April 4 2010
    Transitioned for 1yr 9days!
    Fotki: http://members.fotki.com/Nicky791/about/
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/Nicky791
  • SuburbanbushbabeSuburbanbushbabe Posts: 15,402Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Naomi Campbell's Natural Hair
    should really be "Naomi Campbell's Scalp". That's just sad.
    My blog - http://suburbanbushbabe.wordpress.com/
    My FOTKI - http://whatsnew.fotki.com/suburbanbushbabe/
    comic-p.jpg

    Playing with my hair is a hobby. Fluffy, fine natural 4a. Goal= Healthy, beautiful hair that retains its length.
    Hear that crash? It's me falling off the CG wagon.
  • aubinaubin Posts: 286Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    She should just rock the bald head. She's halfway there anyway.
    3c/4a OS curls
    Poo: Mehandi Zizyphus Spina Christi and Juniper Shampoo Bar
    Co-wash/Detangler/Leave-in: V05, Giovanni SAS, Tresemme Naturals, Suave Naturals, GVP Conditioning Balm, Aussie Moist
    DC: henna, AOHR, AOWC, Yes to Carrots, DevaOne
    Sealing: cocoa butter
    :clock:Natural since 1990, BC #3 September 2008:clock:
  • EfuruEfuru Posts: 169Registered Users
    See kids? This is what happen when you don't take care of your hair properly . I'm still boggled by the fact that someone with access to premium hair/skincare ends up like this :angry7:
    CoilyCurlyWavyKinks in the UK!:headbang:
    Hair type
    : High density/low porosity/fine-coarse/medium strands
    Current aim: Growing out henna

    event.png
  • helloyellowbirdhelloyellowbird Banned Posts: 1,632Banned Users
    Damn... Well, she'll be gorgeous as a bald chick.
    eIZWI.gif
    :love10:
  • greenandchicgreenandchic Posts: 2,584Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Efuru wrote: »
    See kids? This is what happen when you don't take care of your hair properly . I'm still boggled by the fact that someone with access to premium hair/skincare ends up like this :angry7:

    I know right? She's absolutely gorgeous aside from her hair.
    APL BSL MBL WL HL TBL | porous, fine/medium strands, medium density
    My Fotki!
    Below: Typical PS bun
    004-vi.jpg
  • lashon20lashon20 Posts: 1,150Registered Users
    Efuru wrote: »
    See kids? This is what happen when you don't take care of your hair properly . I'm still boggled by the fact that someone with access to premium hair/skincare ends up like this :angry7:


    I agree, all the money she has,there's no way her hair should look like that.
    http://mynaturalhairjourney.shutterfly.com/


    Shampoos: Ion Hard Water Shampoo
    Conditioners: Curl Junkie
    Stylers: As I Am Smoothing Gel, Jane Carter Incredible Curls, Camille Rose Almond Jai Twisting Butter, Hairveda Whipped Gelly
    Moisturizers: Camille Rose Moisture Milk, Camille Rose Fresh Curl
    Leave-Ins: KBB Sweet Ambrosia
    Pomades: Hairveda Almond Glaze
  • CocoTCocoT Posts: 5,330Registered Users
    Naomi Campbell's Natural Hair
    should really be "Naomi Campbell's Scalp". That's just sad.
    LMFaO!!
    11.gif
    Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds
    -Albert Einstein
    Discounts:iHerb: EZA283 for $5 off!, OCO522 for $10 off first purchase | Komaza Care Referral Code: J5Q362VG
  • clbussieclbussie Posts: 115Registered Users
    subbrock wrote: »
    i saw this picture on bossip this morning and i was like :shock:

    Me too. I just took micros out and this scared me into never getting them again.
    First Big Chop 5/27/09
    2nd Big Chop 9/11/2009
    Texture: 4a/4b
    My Blog: www.naturallyfab.wordpress.com
    Youtube Channel: www.youtube.com/cbussie
  • cheveuxboucléscheveuxbouclés Posts: 1,111Registered Users
    Naomi Campbell's Natural Hair
    should really be "Naomi Campbell's Scalp". That's just sad.

    I really didn't want to laugh at her situation, but I couldn't hold that in. I will justify the laugh by thinking of all the people she attacked...:tongue5:
  • EllyEllyOxenFreeEllyEllyOxenFree Posts: 6,446Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Wow, that's terrible! This is exactly why I'm afraid to get a weave...my hair isn't used to being pulled on like that so I have no idea how it would react...not that it'd be that extreme...but dang!
    BC'ed: 26 Dec 09
    YouTube
    Grand Duchess Fierce Freckles, Mistress of the Mighty Snap and Doyenne of the Potent Products Pavane in the Order of the Curly Crusaders
  • murrrcatmurrrcat Posts: 9,596Registered Users
    Damn... Well, she'll be gorgeous as a bald chick.


    I know right!
    tumblr_mji9u1Fwza1rh1wv4o1_500.jpg
  • ............ Posts: 102Registered Users
    I thought wigs/weaves were a PROTECTIVE style!!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file