second day hair?

SmoochSmooch Posts: 51Registered Users
hi girls! So I am new to this whole Curly Girl routine. I currently use a mild shampoo to cleanse my hair about every two days.
I was wondering how often I really need to wash my hair if I am using products in it? (such as gel, & I haven't got around to getting cone-free products yet).
I'm afraid that my hair will look greasy(especially at the roots)/weighed down if I don't wash it enough.
& How should I style second and third-day hair?

Thoughts and comments much appreciated. =)
3 a/b. Dark-medium brown.
Natural products: eggs, lemon juice, honey, aloe vera gel. Cone free stylers.
Suave and VO5!!!

Comments

• fabisebienfabisebien Posts: 76Registered Users
    I usually wash my hair every four days to five days, they recommend once a week, but I can't go that long. But my hair is more on the dry side. If you have greasy hair, of course you have to wash it more often. You could use dry shampoos to prolong your hair wash time, and they sell some for about $5, tresemme has one called fresh start, and it had a good review in lucky magazine (subscriber :D), though I don't think it's cg. If you want to do the no cone conditioner thing Tresemme also has one from the naturals line, and it's pretty cheap compared to other conditioners, and I liked it. The only reason why I changed was because I wanted to see if I'd get better results with the conditioner from the same line.

When my hair doesn't cooperate, there's always french braids, I like the full side french braid, but my hair is not as long anymore :( but here's a picture. That's me with my star :D.
    New Staples: As I Am: Coconut CoWash Cleansing Conditioner and Leave-In Conditioner.
    Method For Styling: Rake and Shake. And Let Air Dry.

Bird! [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SmoochSmooch Posts: 51Registered Users
    thanks! your headband is cute btw ;)
    3 a/b. Dark-medium brown.
    Natural products: eggs, lemon juice, honey, aloe vera gel. Cone free stylers.
    Suave and VO5!!!
  • andersonbkandersonbk Posts: 1Registered Users
    I am a 3b. I recently have found that using curling mouse really makes 2nd day hair look like 1st day hair. Pantene makes one, GarnieFructis makes one too. Look for mouse that has "curl defining" or curl intensifying stuff in it and a de-frizzer. It really does NOT make your hair more curly. It does however keeps your hair in its curls so that your whole head is frizz by the morning of the 2nd day. Then you can use the same styles for day one as you do for day 2. Also, pulling the sections of hair near your temple together in the back with a clip, bobypins or pony tail and letting the rest of your hair fall down your back is a really good look for day two. YOu may need some boby pins to tame fly-aways, but other than that you should be fine.
    Smooch wrote: »
    thanks! your headband is cute btw ;)
    :D
    New Staples: As I Am: Coconut CoWash Cleansing Conditioner and Leave-In Conditioner.

Bird! [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • kaika_dragonkaika_dragon Posts: 50Registered Users
    So, does second day hair mean sleep on it and keep it dry, or is that still what it's called when you shower, but don't wash it?
    College student with super-fine 3a-b curls.
    Currently loving shampoo bars, and looking for a new conditioner and leave-in.
    Just lovin' the smileys!!!
    CG for three and a half years!
    :blob7::blob6: :evil5::book:
    So, does second day hair mean sleep on it and keep it dry, or is that still what it's called when you shower, but don't wash it?
    no here it just means the day after you washed it and applied product while wet. I personally like it a lot more how my hair looks the second day (no crunch!!). I just wet my hands, run it against my hair, and I'm good :D

Bird! [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • imgonnastartawarimgonnastartawar Posts: 237Registered Users
    sorry that im off topic but, fabisebien

How do you do your hair?
    its so pretty, and
    How did you do the braids in the picture?
    they don't look like normal french braids, did you do them looser?
  • pe476206pe476206 Posts: 117Registered Users
    I am not on the curly girl method. I cannot get second day hair on the curly girl method. If I use drugstore products, I cannot receive second day hair. I use the products my hair dresser recommended for me. For me to get second day hair, I cannot put my hair up. My hair loss the natural curly pattern too much, and makes it very frizzy and unmanageable. I leave my hair down when I sleep. I sleep on a satin pillowcase, cotton pillowcase I cannot get second day hair. In the morgning, I cannot get my hair wet in the shower. I can only use a spray bottle of water, because the shower will make my hair do funny things.
    Fine hair, 3a/3b
    Shampoo: switching from a couple
    Conditioner: Herbal Essences totally twisted conditioner
    Deep conditioner: Aussie 3 minute miracle
    Styling products: pureology real curl, framesi hair treatment line colored treated serum
    sorry that im off topic but, fabisebien

How do you do your hair?
    its so pretty, and
    How did you do the braids in the picture?
    they don't look like normal french braids, did you do them looser?

awww thanks, well I just use mousse honestly, and wash infrecuently, I now do the rake and shake (something I learned from an Ouidad video) cause there's way less frizz, though it doesn't give volume, at all, at least for me. and air dry.
    Oh and the braid well I always try to do them as tight as possible, but yeah, it always comes out loose. Just add the hair that's close to the front of the face first, on both sides. It really is just like you do a french braid, if you have just below the chin layers then you will probably need bobby pins. (sorry it took me so long to answer back, I've been using the psp for internet, not to good for nc) oh, hope you don't mind smooch

Bird! [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file