SS new cream shampoo

rymorg2rymorg2 Registered Users Posts: 2,571
I'm such a SS fan. :D I have so many sensitivities, but SS doesn't usually bother me, even the fragranced items. Shantelle sent me a sample of her newest product that will be out fairly soon, Moisturizing Cream Shampoo (the name may change though!) to try. I know I shouldn't have, but my hair was feeling so cruddy and gunky today that I was contemplating a sulfate poo (I have to do one about every other month to restart still) but when I got this in the mail today (Surprise! I forgot it was coming!) I decided to rewash with it tonight.

I have to say I think I've found a hg low poo. Seriously!! I like my CJ low poo, and I like JC GLS mostly due to the fact that I can get it unscented. The fragrance of this one is rice flowers and shea and VERY light. It's so light I thought it was unscented! It matches the consistancy very well....it's very milky and creamy. It cleaned my gunky, I-thought-I'd-have-to-sulfate-poo hair as well as any sulfate, but without stripping and my scalp isn't angry at me either.

Btw, Shantelle is going to be offering it in the 16 oz size. :D I'm first in line for a bottle.....
Cosmetology Educator with sensitivities, eczema and Seborrheic Dermatitis.
Low poo: looking
COWash: Eden, cheapo condish, CJDF
RO: varies
Protein: CJCF or CJRM
DT: CJHBDF, CJCR, DBPC
LI: varies, usually KCKT
Stylers: KCCC, CRNCM, UFDCM, Curls gel, ecostyler

Lady Karaan, High Priestess of Hayr Tretements in the Order of Curly Crusaders
Fotki updated 10/12/10 Password: wavy
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comments

• NaturalistaNaturalista Registered Users Posts: 5,491 Curl Neophyte
    rymorg2 wrote: »
    I'm such a SS fan. :D I have so many sensitivities, but SS doesn't usually bother me, even the fragranced items. Shantelle sent me a sample of her newest product that will be out fairly soon, Moisturizing Cream Shampoo (the name may change though!) to try. I know I shouldn't have, but my hair was feeling so cruddy and gunky today that I was contemplating a sulfate poo (I have to do one about every other month to restart still) but when I got this in the mail today (Surprise! I forgot it was coming!) I decided to rewash with it tonight.

I have to say I think I've found a hg low poo. Seriously!! I like my CJ low poo, and I like JC GLS mostly due to the fact that I can get it unscented. The fragrance of this one is rice flowers and shea and VERY light. It's so light I thought it was unscented! It matches the consistancy very well....it's very milky and creamy. It cleaned my gunky, I-thought-I'd-have-to-sulfate-poo hair as well as any sulfate, but without stripping and my scalp isn't angry at me either.

Btw, Shantelle is going to be offering it in the 16 oz size. :D I'm first in line for a bottle.....

See?? Much as Shantelle is at me about my PJism.. LOL!!! Thanks for the heads up! I love my poo bars but I'm not married to any particular poo yet. :)
    Type: 3c with some 4a highlighted
    Low porosity thick/coarse texture. nml elasticity
    Routine: No rules, just happy hair

Cleanse: CJDF, Prell, LUSH Curly Wurly, Bobeam
    LI/RO:BBB, CJ, SheaM, HEHIS, Garnier, KBN Shealoe, CD Chocolat, Oyin HH
    Styling: CJ, CR, UFD, Zuresh, Ecostyler,MJ
    PT/DT: BBB, CJ, Lather, MJSSB

HUGE PJJJJJJJJ!!!!:love4:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]]
    Facebook|Twitter
  • Lucky CharmLucky Charm Registered Users Posts: 1,250
    do we know the ingredients yet? is there protein? This low-poo sounds great from your review :thumbright:
    - 2C - Coarse Canopy & med/fine underlayers
    - MOP C Hydrating 'poo
    - LOreal Natures Therapy Moisturizing condish, ION Effective Care, Garnier S&S (old formula)
    - treatments: CJ Curl Rehab, CJ Repair Me!
    - plopping, diffusing, and clipping the roots
  • solidgoldsolidgold Registered Users Posts: 1,485 Curl Neophyte
    I loved my sample--can't wait to order a full size!
    Knightess Firmus Aurum, Maid of the Mitten, Slayer of Dissertation Dragons in the Order of the Curly Crusaders
    2b/medium; CG 5/20/09
    Wash, co-wash, co: Queen Helene Royal Curl Shampoo / Conditioner, Kiehl's Amino Acid Shampoo / Conditioner, Redken Fresh Curls Shampoo, CJ Daily Fix, Tigi MM
    Stylers: Sally's Neutral Protein Filler as spray, Queen Helene Royal Curl Creme, LALSG
    Techniques: Plop and Diffuse
    Hair bio: http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/showpost.php?p=1368664&postcount=97
  • angel29ishangel29ish Registered Users Posts: 800
    Oh, that is exciting! rymorg2, is it similar to CJDF? Does is remove minerals, etc. (chelating)?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]3B, fine, low/normal porosity
    CG - July 2009
    CO/RO/Trt.-Suave, BCB, Tigi OH & MM, EO, CJRehab, SG, DF & CF, Jasmine's, Bellacurl, SS, Darcy's, K-Pak, Shescentit, DE Coconut, MD, Oyin, JCWDT, CurlQ
    LI-GDLI, Abba PGC, CJRehab, CF,SG & BCLI, Jasmine's, Bellacurl, SS, Shescentit, DE Coconut, MD, Oyin
    Styler-FSG, Re:coil, CJCCCC lite & CIAB, Komaza CCP & CS, DB, BRHG, Joiwhip/gel, Ecostyler, Boots, SS, Gel-les'c, DMMCG, KCSS
    Too many others to list!
  • CurlykeyCurlykey Registered Users Posts: 1,540 Curl Novice
    I loved the original sample I tried a while back. Can't wait for it to be available for purchase.
    $5 off first order at iherb use code KEY066
  • rymorg2rymorg2 Registered Users Posts: 2,571
    do we know the ingredients yet? is there protein? This low-poo sounds great from your review :thumbright:

Not sure Lucky Charm, maybe Shantelle can answer you.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    angel29ish wrote: »
    Oh, that is exciting! rymorg2, is it similar to CJDF? Does is remove minerals, etc. (chelating)?

Hi angel...it's not really similar to the CJDF, it's more low poo than cleansing conditioner. I'd say yes it removes minerals though, as I have pretty hard water (though not as hard as I did where I used to live) and this worked well for me. The consistancy is more like a creamy milk. It IS similar to the DF in that it's very moisturizing even though it's chelating. When I use some low poos I still feel gunky, hence the reason I still occasionally sulfate poo to restart. But yesterday I was feeling REALLY gunky and after using this had clean hair and scalp that weren't stripped.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

See?? Much as Shantelle is at me about my PJism.. LOL!!! Thanks for the heads up! I love my poo bars but I'm not married to any particular poo yet. :)

Us PJ's have to stick together. :happy6:

Poo bars are hit and miss with me. Mostly miss, I have such hard water and such porous hair. LOL....

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    solidgold wrote: »
    I loved my sample--can't wait to order a full size!

I'm trying desperately to figure out how to stretch my sample until the full sizes are available for purchase....LOL I think this will be a fairly often used product so I have NO idea how to make it stretch a month or two!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    curlykey wrote: »
    I loved the original sample I tried a while back. Can't wait for it to be available for purchase.

We'll have to keep each other company in the meantime! :D

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • angel29ishangel29ish Registered Users Posts: 800

Hi angel...it's not really similar to the CJDF, it's more low poo than cleansing conditioner. I'd say yes it removes minerals though, as I have pretty hard water (though not as hard as I did where I used to live) and this worked well for me. The consistancy is more like a creamy milk. It IS similar to the DF in that it's very moisturizing even though it's chelating. When I use some low poos I still feel gunky, hence the reason I still occasionally sulfate poo to restart. But yesterday I was feeling REALLY gunky and after using this had clean hair and scalp that weren't stripped.

Thanks! BTW, your wurls are looking fabulous! So healthy, soft and shiny. Very pretty. :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]3B, fine, low/normal porosity
    CG - July 2009
    CO/RO/Trt.-Suave, BCB, Tigi OH & MM, EO, CJRehab, SG, DF & CF, Jasmine's, Bellacurl, SS, Darcy's, K-Pak, Shescentit, DE Coconut, MD, Oyin, JCWDT, CurlQ
    LI-GDLI, Abba PGC, CJRehab, CF,SG & BCLI, Jasmine's, Bellacurl, SS, Shescentit, DE Coconut, MD, Oyin
    Styler-FSG, Re:coil, CJCCCC lite & CIAB, Komaza CCP & CS, DB, BRHG, Joiwhip/gel, Ecostyler, Boots, SS, Gel-les'c, DMMCG, KCSS
    Too many others to list!
  • LoveliamLoveliam Registered Users Posts: 318 Curl Connoisseur
    I am excited to try it!
    Leigh :)
    3a mixed with 2C???
    Fine Texture
    Normal to low Porosity
    Low Elasticity

Mop Top Low Poo or Deva low poo
    Deva One Condition
    Deva B'leave-in for higher dews (Deva Foam for low dews).
    Deva Firm Hold Gel
    HG: Sweet Curls Crazy Curly Hard Hold Elixir after applying Deva and for 2nd/third day.

Thanks! BTW, your wurls are looking fabulous! So healthy, soft and shiny. Very pretty. :)

YW! :color: And TY!!!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    loveliam wrote: »
    I am excited to try it!

I know, I can't wait....I had another REALLY GOOD hair day today because of Shantelle...:D got a complement too!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • plunkybugplunkybug Registered Users Posts: 2,526
    I'm really excited about it too! I'm hoping to get a sample as a tester myself...I've been good about not using my last bit of CEJ and FHG (this has been very hard) so that I can use it all together...I've just a small amount of it left for one to two more uses.

Lady Caiside, Noble Lushetarian and Wavy Wayfarer of Mugglswick, in the Order of the Curly Crusaders

2b-3a Fii, porous and low elasticity

Currently using a variety of products, and looking for that magic combo

Hair bio: http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/showpost.php?p=1252125&postcount=59

• NaturalistaNaturalista Registered Users Posts: 5,491 Curl Neophyte
    I wish I was a tester!! *jealous* :P
    Type: 3c with some 4a highlighted
    Low porosity thick/coarse texture. nml elasticity
    Routine: No rules, just happy hair

Cleanse: CJDF, Prell, LUSH Curly Wurly, Bobeam
    LI/RO:BBB, CJ, SheaM, HEHIS, Garnier, KBN Shealoe, CD Chocolat, Oyin HH
    Styling: CJ, CR, UFD, Zuresh, Ecostyler,MJ
    PT/DT: BBB, CJ, Lather, MJSSB

HUGE PJJJJJJJJ!!!!:love4:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]]
    Facebook|Twitter
  • MirCurlsMirCurls Registered Users Posts: 2,660 Curl Neophyte

Oh, I want me some of that. I was disappointed that the BB Suds just was awful for me (totally drying, stripping, roughifying), so I want to try this one. Too bad I can't get my own desired scent. sigh.
    3a3b
    Natural since 11/25/09
    Then: fine, superdry, non-elastic, porous
    Now: medium, dry, elastic, lower porosity, BSL

Curl Junkie Conditions!
    Eden BW Cleansing Condish Rocks!

~CJ Protein Tx
    ; BEE-U-Ti-Ful Deep Condish
    ~SMasters Method; Pixie-curling
    Dumped clumps for VOLUME!

Marchioness Mir, Magister of Moisturization & Mystic of the Lofty Crown in the Order of the Curly Crusaders
  • missbanjomissbanjo Registered Users Posts: 3,088 Curl Neophyte
    Oh man I can't wait til it's available! I noticed the 16oz of everything else is available now woohoo!
    Southern Colorado Curly
    Mix of 2s med-low porosity, med-fine texture, lots of hair
    I wonder if she changed it any from the original samples she sent out before? I can't wait for it to be available.
  • hippychichippychic Registered Users Posts: 4,673 Curl Neophyte
    clearly i don't visit this forum enough. i have no clue who ss and shantelle are:protest:
    LOIS (OS); cottony, TYPE 4 hair, fine/med strands; no cones bcz my hair hates them; last relaxer '98; now low porosity:?, ignores most natural hair rules; BC #8

faves: suave, v05 shampoo, conditioner (my own), raw shea butter, castor oil, peanut oil, aloe juice
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    hippychic wrote: »
    clearly i don't visit this forum enough. i have no clue who ss and shantelle are:protest:

SS is spiral solutions which was started by an NC.com'er. :D She is on Etsy.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • hippychichippychic Registered Users Posts: 4,673 Curl Neophyte

thank you! :alien:
    LOIS (OS); cottony, TYPE 4 hair, fine/med strands; no cones bcz my hair hates them; last relaxer '98; now low porosity:?, ignores most natural hair rules; BC #8

faves: suave, v05 shampoo, conditioner (my own), raw shea butter, castor oil, peanut oil, aloe juice
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

thank you! :alien:

YW! :D

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • solidgoldsolidgold Registered Users Posts: 1,485 Curl Neophyte
    Can anyone comment on the differences between the two (not yet released) SS products below? Descriptions are from the Etsy site.

Moisturizing Cream Shampoo (formerly referred to as gentle cleansing cream) - sulfate-free and enriched with shea butter and honey, this rich cream gently cleanses your hair,removes product build-up, and combats mineral build-up from hard water without stripping valuable moisture from your curls and scalp... Scheduled to release in August....

[buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Blended-Beauty-Curl-Cleansing-Conditioner-p-373.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=blended-beauty-curl-cleansing-conditioner]Curl Cleansing Conditioner[/buylink] - economical sulfate-free, non-foaming, curl cleanser that is hydrating, conditions your curls, and is super gentle; combats mineral build-up from hard water...Scheduled to release in August....
    Knightess Firmus Aurum, Maid of the Mitten, Slayer of Dissertation Dragons in the Order of the Curly Crusaders
    2b/medium; CG 5/20/09
    Wash, co-wash, co: Queen Helene Royal Curl Shampoo / Conditioner, Kiehl's Amino Acid Shampoo / Conditioner, Redken Fresh Curls Shampoo, CJ Daily Fix, Tigi MM
    Stylers: Sally's Neutral Protein Filler as spray, Queen Helene Royal Curl Creme, LALSG
    Techniques: Plop and Diffuse
    Hair bio: http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/showpost.php?p=1368664&postcount=97
    Can anyone comment on the differences between the two (not yet released) SS products below? Descriptions are from the Etsy site.

Moisturizing Cream Shampoo (formerly referred to as gentle cleansing cream) - sulfate-free and enriched with shea butter and honey, this rich cream gently cleanses your hair,removes product build-up, and combats mineral build-up from hard water without stripping valuable moisture from your curls and scalp... Scheduled to release in August....

[buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Blended-Beauty-Curl-Cleansing-Conditioner-p-373.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=blended-beauty-curl-cleansing-conditioner]Curl Cleansing Conditioner[/buylink] - economical sulfate-free, non-foaming, curl cleanser that is hydrating, conditions your curls, and is super gentle; combats mineral build-up from hard water...Scheduled to release in August....

The moisturizing cream shampoo is the one I tried, the other I haven't tried yet so can't tell you about it.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I've tried the moisturizing cream shampoo as well...so according to the ingredients, they are more like a creamy low poo and a no-poo....the cream shampoo if I remember correctly does foam and from the description of the cleansing conditioner, it doesn't. HTH. :) I will probably buy both when they come out.
  • rbbrbb Registered Users Posts: 4,357 Curl Connoisseur

according to the website, she said it is the one and only shampoo, she just renamed it. (if i read that correctly).

3a, some 2c & 3b, medium texture, porosity normal, low elasticity :-(
    washing/cowashing, conditioning, protein tx: curl junkie products
    leave in:curl junkie conditioners and treatments as leave in
    styling: curl junkie 
    sealants - jane carter nourish & shine
  • rbbrbb Registered Users Posts: 4,357 Curl Connoisseur
    ha!! i just reread the website, and they are different. one is a shampoo, the other is a cleansing conditioner. she did rename the shampoo, but i did not realize there is also going to be a cleansing conditioner. i cannot wait to see the ingredient lists on both! i love her stuff!

3a, some 2c & 3b, medium texture, porosity normal, low elasticity :-(
    washing/cowashing, conditioning, protein tx: curl junkie products
    leave in:curl junkie conditioners and treatments as leave in
    styling: curl junkie 
    sealants - jane carter nourish & shine
  • LilaGirlLilaGirl Registered Users Posts: 1,177
    I tried it recently too and loved it. I used it all up. I want to use it all the time. It's similar to a DM poo I tried recently as well but forgot the name - very creamy and non-stripping/moisturizing.
    3b/fine/normal porosity/normal elasticity

LOVES behentrimonium methosulfate
    (don't ask me to pronounce that!)

Want to grow it long again!
    And simply want to figure out this hair of mine!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file