Hello!

heidiheidi Registered Users Posts: 243
Hello everyone! I just joined Naturally Curly today and have been looking around the site. I've decided to join in with you here on the 40+ board. I won't be 40 for another month but I'm hoping that's close enough ;-).

I'm a week into my second attempt at the CG method of hair care. I managed to keep it up for about six months the first time before I got lazy and went back to my regular sulfate shampoo. I hope this time I can manage to stick with it.

Quick question: how do I get my avatar to show up and add the note at the bottom of my message? I've looked under my profile but can't seem to find it.

I've been curly for as long as I can remember starting with soft ringlets as a child to whatever you'd call my current curls (2c I think?). My hair is thick and dry and over half gray. I like to keep it mid-back length with long layers and no bangs. I've had too many bad haircuts to count over the years but finally found someone who can do my hair without making me look silly three years ago.

Since yesterday I've learned that my hair has high porosity and medium texture and that coconut oil is not my friend ;-) The avacado DT I tried this morning would no rinse out due to the CO.
Medium-fine Texture, Normal Porosity, Normal Elasticity, Thick Density
Co-wash: Renpure Body&Shine
RO: Kenra Moisturizing Conditioner
LI/Curl Enhancer: Kenra Moisturizing Conditioner
Other: I'll add a little AG Mousse Gel if I want something extra.

Comments

• heidiheidi Registered Users Posts: 243
    P.S. How do I get my avatar to show up? I can't seem to find where I add the signature at the bottom of posts either (where you all have you hair details listed).
  • SystemSystem Posts: 39,060 Administrator
  • heidiheidi Registered Users Posts: 243
    Thank you!
  • alacurlalacurl Registered Users Posts: 1,199 Curl Novice
    Welcome!
    shoulder-length 3a/b, depending on weather and products (or lack of products!)
  • SystemSystem Posts: 39,060 Administrator
  • LotsawavesLotsawaves Registered Users Posts: 9,777 Curl Virtuoso
    Welcome! :hello2:
    From Michael Berg:

Every person has a unique connection to the Creator that can never be extinguished, and every person has a great soul that can manifest important things in our world. To make a person feel less than they are because of something inside themselves, be it faith, race, or sexual orientation, is the greatest sin of all."

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file