Who is the best curly or regular hairstylist in NYC?

CurlswirlCurlswirl Posts: 526Registered Users
I am happy with my stylist but I am curious if there are other great ones in the city to try. Sometimes I think it is fun to try something different.

Who do you think is the best hairstylist for curly hair in NYC and why?

Comments

• curlypearlcurlypearl Posts: 12,211Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    The best one I have found is Mark DiVicenzo at Frederik Fekkai Salon in The Mark Hotel, but he is very expensive. I have tried them all and I mean all.

The reason he is the best is that with his haircut I can wear my hair curly, or blow it out, or set it in rollers for a different look. Before finding Mark I was so frustrated with my hair that I have been to many of the places recommended on this website and finally, from Mark I got a super cut. It's worth it to me because I can get cuts less frequently than if I paid less, got a poorer haircut and had to get it recut more often.

By the way, the worst haircut I had was from Ouidad herself - avoid her at all costs. She is a bitc$, very opinionated and didn't do a good job.
    2/c Coarse hair med. density.
    Highly porous. Color over grey.
    I love all the Curl Junkie products. Still experimenting with gels and curl creams. Still hoping for 2nd day hair....
    Every day is a gift :flower:
  • CurlswirlCurlswirl Posts: 526Registered Users
    Thanks Curlypearl. Mark DiVincenzo sounds great but the cost might be too much for me. I am thinking of trying Guilla who used to wk at the Ted Gibson Salon as she has gotten great reviews here and it looks like she only charges $95 for a cut at her home. Have you by any chance had your hair cut by her?
    No, but she is the person I was going to try when I found Mark. She did get really great reviews.

I actually had e-mailed her about an appointment and got a very nice reply. It was a toss-up between her and Mark and I can't remember exactly why I chose him instead. I think it was timing - he was available sooner than she was and I was too impatient to wait.

I'll be very interested to know how you feel about your haircut if you go to her. I do cringe whenever I think about the cost of seeing Mark, but I had very serious health issues last year and I've become kind of devil-may-care about money after that. I kind of feel like I don't want to take my money to the grave, (if you know what I mean). I'm not recommending this attitude to anyone - it's just how I'm feeling now.

I really wish you the very best of luck whatever you decide to do! Please let us know how you and your hair are doing. :toothy4:
    I love all the Curl Junkie products. Still experimenting with gels and curl creams. Still hoping for 2nd day hair....
  • CurlswirlCurlswirl Posts: 526Registered Users
    That is funny Curlypearl that you almost tried the stylist I might try. I'll let you all know how it goes if I get my hair cut by her.

I can understand that you would spend your money more freely now after your health scare. I hope at this time you are all better and have many. many years of great health ahead for you.
    Thank you for your good wishes!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file