Good 'Drug store' Brand for leave-in or anti frizz?

BackinBlackBackinBlack Registered Users Posts: 19
I'm really needing a good CG Drug store leave-in, or anti frizz, because the only things i have right now that are CG are LA looks gel, and my suave condish. Both of those work really well for me, if that helps. I can also go to Sally's, there is one near me. [by the way, i cant find any giovanni stuff, and i cant use Garnier stuff]

Thanks!:toothy10:
Hair: 3a and very fine
CO-wash and condish: Suave naturals Coconut
Style: LA looks sport gel, Scrunch with old t-shirt and go!
Started CG: June 27, 2010:toothy7:
Learning to love my curls!

"We are all born ignornt, but one must work hard to remain stupid."

Comments

• BackinBlackBackinBlack Registered Users Posts: 19
    Bump :)

• asianrunnerasianrunner Registered Users Posts: 2,251 Curl Neophyte
    I don't use a drug store leave-in anymore because I found mine on etsy! BellaCurl leave-in elixir is amazing and protein-free!

Some people just use a little of their regular conditioner. I also tried the Giovanni leave-in but I think the protein in it bothered me but works for many.
    Coarse texture, normal-high porosity, normal elasticity (Komaza Care), very weak waves
    cleanser: Redken Fresh Curls Shampoo, CJ Daily Fix

rinse out: GVP Conditioning Balm, CJ Beauticurls, CJ Smoothing

jellies/creams: CR Curl Maker, KCCC
    gels: CJ CQ, CJ Pattern Pusha, BRHG

• murrrcatmurrrcat Registered Users Posts: 9,596
    your just going to have go in sallys then and read the labels. I think I got a biotera leave in from there but it's very watery, it might not be anymore but it was at the time. It's CG. Other than that I don't know.
    tumblr_mji9u1Fwza1rh1wv4o1_500.jpg
  • 3c4d7zwhatevs3c4d7zwhatevs Registered Users Posts: 1,589
    Have you tried Target or Walmart or CVS for your Giovanni products? Also, Marchall's/TJMaxx has the spa-size bottles on sale for $12.99.
    4a/3c curls
    Fine strands, not as densely-placed as I would like
    Ayurvedic herbs are the TRUTH
    Team Wash and Go!
    iHerb code:UYA010 - get 5% off your first purchase
  • SuburbanbushbabeSuburbanbushbabe Registered Users Posts: 15,402 Curl Neophyte
    I don't use a drug store leave-in anymore because I found mine on etsy! BellaCurl leave-in elixir is amazing and protein-free!

Some people just use a little of their regular conditioner. I also tried the Giovanni leave-in but I think the protein in it bothered me but works for many.
    This and the conditioner look great! I may try it.

These are all available at Whole Foods:
    Alba Botanical Leave In
    EO Rose Geranium conditioner
    [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Kinky-Curly-Knot-Today-p-207.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=kinkycurly-knot-today-leaveindetangler]Kinky Curly Knot Today[/buylink]
    My blog - http://suburbanbushbabe.wordpress.com/
    My FOTKI - http://whatsnew.fotki.com/suburbanbushbabe/
    comic-p.jpg

Playing with my hair is a hobby. Fluffy, fine natural 4a. Goal= Healthy, beautiful hair that retains its length.
    Hear that crash? It's me falling off the CG wagon.
  • asianrunnerasianrunner Registered Users Posts: 2,251 Curl Neophyte

This and the conditioner look great! I may try it.

These are all available at Whole Foods:
    Alba Botanical Leave In
    EO Rose Geranium conditioner
    [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Kinky-Curly-Knot-Today-p-207.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=kinkycurly-knot-today-leaveindetangler]Kinky Curly Knot Today[/buylink]

I haven't ever tried the conditioner but the leave-in is just amazing for my hair!
    Coarse texture, normal-high porosity, normal elasticity (Komaza Care), very weak waves
    cleanser: Redken Fresh Curls Shampoo, CJ Daily Fix

rinse out: GVP Conditioning Balm, CJ Beauticurls, CJ Smoothing

jellies/creams: CR Curl Maker, KCCC
    gels: CJ CQ, CJ Pattern Pusha, BRHG

• BackinBlackBackinBlack Registered Users Posts: 19
    Sorry this is late, but i *FINALLY* found Giovanni leave in at target :bounce: YAYYY!

I was getting a new bath puffy, (Don't know what you guys call it-those things that are meshy, that you use with body wash? haha) And i turn to my mom, and say 'Hey, i'm gonna look for this hair.........what is that?!' (I just saw the bottle behind a ladys cart, LOL) I lean over, and gasp. "MOM LOOK I FOUND ITI'VEBEENLOOKINGEVERYWHEREAND...." Funny, it was in the makeup/face care/body care section, not hair. It was right next to the bath puffy's. Also,I think i scared that lady.... Well, anyways, I used it today, and my hair seems to like it! I so happy i found it.... :-o

Thanks to all that replied!

• HannahsMomHannahsMom Registered Users Posts: 39
    Just a heads up:

All Giovanni products are "Buy 1 Get 1 free" at Rite Aid the week of 8/8/10.

I think I'll pick up some of the leave in to try on my DD. :)
  • empressriempressri Registered Users Posts: 4,812
    tigi love peace and planet leave in. for something to be purchased in a drugstore it worked VERY well on my hair!!!
    Lady Hasytal in the Land of Product in the Order of the Curly Crusaders
    "Trust is knowing your SO would do the right thing in the face of strange vagina." Nej
    [/B]
  • angel29ishangel29ish Registered Users Posts: 800
    empressri wrote: »
    tigi love peace and planet leave in. for something to be purchased in a drugstore it worked VERY well on my hair!!!

I bought this today Ri, going on your positive comments. :icon_smile: I'm going to try it with [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/AG-Recoil-p-24.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=ag-hair-cosmetics-recoil-curl-activator]Re:coil[/buylink] and Ecostyler like you. How much did you use? My curls don't get weighed down easily so I think I can use close to the same amount. I love, love your hair!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]3B, fine, low/normal porosity
    CG - July 2009
    CO/RO/Trt.-Suave, BCB, Tigi OH & MM, EO, CJRehab, SG, DF & CF, Jasmine's, Bellacurl, SS, Darcy's, K-Pak, Shescentit, DE Coconut, MD, Oyin, JCWDT, CurlQ
    LI-GDLI, Abba PGC, CJRehab, CF,SG & BCLI, Jasmine's, Bellacurl, SS, Shescentit, DE Coconut, MD, Oyin
    Styler-FSG, Re:coil, CJCCCC lite & CIAB, Komaza CCP & CS, DB, BRHG, Joiwhip/gel, Ecostyler, Boots, SS, Gel-les'c, DMMCG, KCSS
    Too many others to list!
    angel29ish wrote: »

I bought this today Ri, going on your positive comments. :icon_smile: I'm going to try it with [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/AG-Recoil-p-24.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=ag-hair-cosmetics-recoil-curl-activator]Re:coil[/buylink] and Ecostyler like you. How much did you use? My curls don't get weighed down easily so I think I can use close to the same amount. I love, love your hair!

:D

i used...a fair amount on each section!!! more than a quarter sized portion...okay about a small palmful for each section. the recoil i used about a quarter sized portion, didnt want to go overboard.
    "Trust is knowing your SO would do the right thing in the face of strange vagina." Nej
    [/B]
  • angel29ishangel29ish Registered Users Posts: 800

i used...a fair amount on each section!!! more than a quarter sized portion...okay about a small palmful for each section. the recoil i used about a quarter sized portion, didnt want to go overboard.

Great thanks! I'll start with less Tigi since my hair isn't as thick as yours. That's about how much Re:coil I usually use.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]3B, fine, low/normal porosity
    CG - July 2009
    CO/RO/Trt.-Suave, BCB, Tigi OH & MM, EO, CJRehab, SG, DF & CF, Jasmine's, Bellacurl, SS, Darcy's, K-Pak, Shescentit, DE Coconut, MD, Oyin, JCWDT, CurlQ
    LI-GDLI, Abba PGC, CJRehab, CF,SG & BCLI, Jasmine's, Bellacurl, SS, Shescentit, DE Coconut, MD, Oyin
    Styler-FSG, Re:coil, CJCCCC lite & CIAB, Komaza CCP & CS, DB, BRHG, Joiwhip/gel, Ecostyler, Boots, SS, Gel-les'c, DMMCG, KCSS
    Too many others to list!
  • aislinaislin Registered Users Posts: 864

Great thanks! I'll start with less Tigi since my hair isn't as thick as yours. That's about how much Re:coil I usually use.

Are you guys talking about the product called, "Let It Be" leave in or are you using the conditioner conditioner?

And how does it smell, btw? It looks like it'd smell really good!
    Wurly, fine, thin, moderately to heavily porous. Mod CG.

yes the let it be, and it smells like cherry almond! id say it's the consistency of a regular rinse out conditioner, one that isn't terribly thick or runny. think....vo5 but a bit heavier.
    [/B]

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file