2 different hair textures on 1 head!

fishgurufishguru Posts: 2Registered Users
My daughter is 12 and just in the last year and a half, the hair in the front half of her head has changed dramatically. The back half of her head is soft and wavy, but the front half (around her face) has changed to a definate 2C, coarse and being frizzy all the time.

We're at a total loss as to what to do. The back of her hair is easy to comb/brush/style. The front is nearly impossible to do anything with!

This is very upsetting to her. None of her friends have hair like this and we don't know how to cut/style it. She'd much prefer to have the soft waves rather than the stiff, coarse, frizziness of the front.

Any suggestions as to what we can do? We are brand new newbies to this forum.

Aloha!

Comments

• RoCurlsRoCurls Posts: 33Registered Users
    fishguru wrote: »
    My daughter is 12 and just in the last year and a half, the hair in the front half of her head has changed dramatically. The back half of her head is soft and wavy, but the front half (around her face) has changed to a definate 2C, coarse and being frizzy all the time.

We're at a total loss as to what to do. The back of her hair is easy to comb/brush/style. The front is nearly impossible to do anything with!

This is very upsetting to her. None of her friends have hair like this and we don't know how to cut/style it. She'd much prefer to have the soft waves rather than the stiff, coarse, frizziness of the front.

Any suggestions as to what we can do? We are brand new newbies to this forum.

Aloha!
    Hi! I'm 13 and have hair similar to your daughter's. I would suggest not brushing the back of her hair to see if it and become curlier, as mine has. Also, brushing curly hair is one reason why it become very frizzy. Also, have you started the CG Method? If not, you really should try it out. My hair went from being a frizzy, icky mess to quite nice within a few weeks!
    Here are some links to info about the CG Method:
    http://www.naturallycurly.com/curlreading/curl-products/all-about-the-no-poo-routine-2
    http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/showthread.php?t=97388
    Look around for more info... this site is a treasure trove!
    Remember, encourage you daughter to accept her hair and that it is unique and beautiful beyond measure. Once she knows how to take care of her hair and gives it everything it needs, her hair will look stunning!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    CG has taught me that my hair is indeed lovely... both wet AND dry!:blob5:
    Shampoo: Body Blends Naturals Bamboo-Green Tea Sulfate Free
    Conditioner: Suave Naturals Coconut
    LIC's: Aussie Hair Insurance and VO5 Kiwi-Lime conditioner
    Gel: Satinique Extra-Design Styling Gel and Paul Mitchell Round Trip
    Randoms: Weekly Sesame Oil, DevaCurl Mist-er Right
  • fishgurufishguru Posts: 2Registered Users
    Hi RoCurls,

Thanks for getting back to me. My daughter is considering trying the CG method. She's afraid it'll make the frizzy part even frizzier.

What's odd is that the frizzy part is just right around her face. The top and back of her hair is soft and wavy. This change just happened about a year or so ago. Puberty changes, perhaps?

We'll do more reading here on this site. There's sooo much info here! Amazing!

Thanks again and best of luck with your hair!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file