new curly needs help!

paigelepaigele Posts: 2Registered Users
Hi there - I'm brand new, and my head is kind of reeling from all the info.

I just started CG last night, and I "get" the basic concepts. I do have one question, though.

My (probably) combo 3a/3b hair LOVES MorroccanOil (the knockoff of it they sell at Sally's. It makes my hair look and feel phenomenal. But the product has lots of cones. I definitely need a ton of moisture. Are there comparable products that are more CG? Or has anyone used/found a source for the argan oil that's in the MorroccanOil without the cones? On a reasonable budget? (the Sally's Morrocan Oil is $8.)

I'm open to other very moisturizing product suggestions. Yesterday I used Suave clarifying shampoo and a Suave naturals conditioner, plus the Fructis sleek and shine leave in and the fructis curl shaping spray gel...and I wasn't frizzy, but I definitely needed a TON more moisture.

Comments

• RoCurlsRoCurls Posts: 33Registered Users
    paigele wrote: »
    Hi there - I'm brand new, and my head is kind of reeling from all the info.

I just started CG last night, and I "get" the basic concepts. I do have one question, though.

My (probably) combo 3a/3b hair LOVES MorroccanOil (the knockoff of it they sell at Sally's. It makes my hair look and feel phenomenal. But the product has lots of cones. I definitely need a ton of moisture. Are there comparable products that are more CG? Or has anyone used/found a source for the argan oil that's in the MorroccanOil without the cones? On a reasonable budget? (the Sally's Morrocan Oil is $8.)

I'm open to other very moisturizing product suggestions. Yesterday I used Suave clarifying shampoo and a Suave naturals conditioner, plus the Fructis sleek and shine leave in and the fructis curl shaping spray gel...and I wasn't frizzy, but I definitely needed a TON more moisture.
    Are you leaving in some of your rinse-out conditioner? That might help. You also might want to try another conditioner that's a bit more rich...like Fructis Length & Strength. It's CG, but has a water-soluble 'cone in it.
    Try some hair oil too. The ones at Indian grocery stores go from $2-$6, and look for brands like parachute, nyle, or hesh. If you get a hair oil, just run it through your hair from midshaft to ends, and put the most at your ends. Then rub a little on your scalp. Be careful not to over-oil, though. After that, you just put in whatever products you use and do what you would normally do!:walk:
    Hope this helps!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    CG has taught me that my hair is indeed lovely... both wet AND dry!:blob5:
    Shampoo: Body Blends Naturals Bamboo-Green Tea Sulfate Free
    Conditioner: Suave Naturals Coconut
    LIC's: Aussie Hair Insurance and VO5 Kiwi-Lime conditioner
    Gel: Satinique Extra-Design Styling Gel and Paul Mitchell Round Trip
    Randoms: Weekly Sesame Oil, DevaCurl Mist-er Right

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights