CG since April, when will I see results?/Long Intro

curlymom3curlymom3 Posts: 5Registered Users
Greetings!

I went CG this past April and am continuously frustrated with my hair. I live in South Texas, so I tend to suffer from some frizz anyway, but I swear it is worse now!
A little history: I am really not sure what my hair type is. Before all the damage that has been accrued, I would have said 3A. Now it only looks 3A right after washing. After it dries and after sleeping on it, it seems 2B. The hair I have now has been through alot, including pregnancy and stripping (the color, not the dancing! HAHA). So, from about half way down, it is totally fried. I am pretty sure this all has lead to my straighter waves. I should chop it and see what happens, but like so many of you, I long for gorgeous, long locks.
Anyway, I have been trying the DEVA products (like some, hate some) and a few other CG products I have seen on the boards (LA Looks Gel, JoiWhip). I just screwed up and put in the Ouidad Climate Control Gel this evening, before noticing it has Dimethicones, so I am not sure what to do about that??!!!!!:sad3:
To sum it all up, I am still not comfortable with the whole CG thing and am sure I am doing something wrong for my hair. I hope to learn as much as possible here!

Thanks!:sunny:
CG since April, 2010
Type- 2b/3a ??
Experimenting with the following:
CoWash- Suave Naturals Coconut switched with Deva NoPoo
Conditioner-Deva OC or AOHR
Leave-In- Either Deva OC or Deva B'Leave-In
DT- Tried Deva HIH several times, not so crazy about it. Just tried Ouidad 12-min., will have to get back on those results
Styling- JoiWhip,AnGel, LA Looks Curl Gel, Mister Right, Set It Free

Haven't found any poducts I consider HG yet, but maybe my expectations are too high?

Comments

• GretchenGretchen Administrator Posts: 10,840Moderators Curl Virtuoso
    Welcome! We're so glad you've joined our community.

Here's some more info about the no-poo method.

Gretchen
    NaturallyCurly.com co-founder
    3A

You are beautiful!
  • Marci PieMarci Pie Posts: 668Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    The Quidad contains two types of silicone. The one with the "C" word is a water soluble one. Meaning that you can use a gentle loo poo. Nourish from Trader Joes has the mildest surfactant listed towards the bottom and is gentle for the hair.

Silicones are necessarily bad, you just have to properly cleanse so that they don't build up. There are 2 excellent articles on the main page that talks about silicones and shampoos. These articles have helped me understand and make informed choices. Although silicones are not CG doesn't mean that they don't work. I personally think that the products that have the no nos work great on my hair. With that said, I am properly cleansing and conditioning my hair so I am still better off than I was when I was flat ironing my hair every week.

If I find a CG product that doesn't cost an arm and a leg and works I will be on board.

3b, Medium-Coarse (slight coarse charactericstics), Normal porosity & Low elasticity per Curl Wizard Profile.
    Low-poo: Nourish Shampoo, Cantu Quinoa Shampoo for Color-Treated Hair, Decadence No Poo
    Co-wash: Nourish Conditioner, Suave, Aussie Moist, Clairol Natural Blends Coconut
    Deep Conditioner: Loreal Total Repair Balm, Cantu Masque
    Leave-in: Nourish Conditioner (Trader Joe's), Decadence Conditioner
    Stylers: LA Looks Sports, Homemade Flax Seed Gel, Devacurl Ultradefining Gel, Coconut Oil
    Methods: Sleep with extra large satin bonnet. Able to get 7 day hair. Prior to getting 7 day:Wet plop or pineapple at night, diffuse in the morning. Scrunch w/joboba, coconut or almond oil.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file