Curly Athlete...?

RoCurlsRoCurls Posts: 33Registered Users
Hi Everybuddies!
I'm an ice skater:clown:, and at a complete loss for competition hairstyles... :( Please help! My hair is 2c.
Also, if anybody has hairstyle ideas for curlies in any other sports, please post! The more the merrier!:occasion7:

Thanks!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
CG has taught me that my hair is indeed lovely... both wet AND dry!:blob5:
Shampoo: Body Blends Naturals Bamboo-Green Tea Sulfate Free
Conditioner: Suave Naturals Coconut
LIC's: Aussie Hair Insurance and VO5 Kiwi-Lime conditioner
Gel: Satinique Extra-Design Styling Gel and Paul Mitchell Round Trip
Randoms: Weekly Sesame Oil, DevaCurl Mist-er Right

Comments

• RotiniRotini Posts: 53Registered Users
    I'm 3c, but I often just put it in a tight bun or a ponytail.... my hair is about shoulder length, so ignore my profile pic, I've had 3 inches cut off since then. I play volleyball and basketball, which I can wear a bun or a ponytail, but in softball I have to wear a really low ponytain because of the helmet. The hair style really depends on the sport... I don't ice skate competitively, but when I head down for free skate, I put it in a bun. Hope that helps, even though I've just been typing random stuff...
    Curly Teen & Loving It!
    Type 3b/c hair

I find myself with less respect for those who straighten their hair constantly or have relaxers or whatever else is out there. I believe that if your hair is curly, wavy, or straight, your hair is beautiful as is. There are non-damaging solutions for frizz or split ends or whatever. You don't have to burn it flat or fry it with chemicals to look "good." People say love the skin you're in, same goes for hair.
    :wav:

• RoCurlsRoCurls Posts: 33Registered Users
    Thanks Rotini! And don't worry about being random... You really helped!
    I've also got a random snippet of info for you too.... I love your Username, because my name's Roshini! LOL
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    CG has taught me that my hair is indeed lovely... both wet AND dry!:blob5:
    Shampoo: Body Blends Naturals Bamboo-Green Tea Sulfate Free
    Conditioner: Suave Naturals Coconut
    LIC's: Aussie Hair Insurance and VO5 Kiwi-Lime conditioner
    Gel: Satinique Extra-Design Styling Gel and Paul Mitchell Round Trip
    Randoms: Weekly Sesame Oil, DevaCurl Mist-er Right
  • fabisebienfabisebien Posts: 76Registered Users
    I posted this on another thread
    something I've been doing recently is just doing a french braid with the hair at the crown and work my way to the back of the head, once I stop adding hair to the braid I just do a ponytail(I don't put a band at the end of the braid, I just blend it with the ponytail). It makes a ponytail more interesting and keeps all the short layers off your face.
    New Staples: As I Am: Coconut CoWash Cleansing Conditioner and Leave-In Conditioner.
    Method For Styling: Rake and Shake. And Let Air Dry.

Bird! [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • xodevinxodevin Posts: 478Registered Users
    I run for track (possible cross country next year... eep!), and I've been experimenting with using cute little scrunchies (actually pretty ones, not huge 80s scrunchies haha) and well... I'm still experimenting, I haven't found anything that doesn't affect the curl pattern for after I'm done. But I'm determined.

For all over just cute styles when doing sports, I totally like braids, and ponys that have a section of braided hair going into them, etc.
    curly hair and proud (:
  • CurlyPolkaDotCurlyPolkaDot Posts: 1,174Registered Users
    A PonyTail, Pigtails, Braids...

I play Netball, Badminton and Softball :D
    2c/3a - M/C - ii/iii
    Countess DuckyDot :duckie: , Keeper of the book of Vegetarianism and Arty Pants, Leader of the Curly Ducks in the Order of the Curly Crusaders

Away and might not be back. See me at: http://walkintowhispers.blogspot.com/
  • curlygurl999curlygurl999 Posts: 31Registered Users
    im a softball player but i dont like to look rough so i usually do this kewl elegant style where i twist the front sides of my head bobby pin them down in the middle back than take the remaining hanging hair and out a rubber band at the end and bobby pin that in so its not hanging i know its probably hard to picture but thats what i do when my hairs not in a ponytail
    3b fine: mod. CG est. 5/13/10
    low poo:Loreal sulfate free hydrate poo
    Co:Tresemme naturals mosturizing, shea moisture!
    style:kckt, kccc<3,mj curly meringue, shea moisture smoothie,CD mimosa hair honey, cd hair milk, tgi curls rock, cantu shea butter

Silence is a true friend that never betrays

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file