Just getting started...

ColoradoDreaminColoradoDreamin Posts: 11Registered Users
So I'm only in my first couple days of this, but I've been looking around online and gathering information for a week or so.

I've always called myself a "product researcher" b/c I refuse to buy/try something before I learn more about it. So somehow, while looking around for a new shampoo/conditioner online, I ended up finding out about the curly girl method. And considering that I've yet to be completely satisfied with my hair for the past 20+ years, I figured I'd try this out and see how it goes.

As far as I can tell, I have type 2B/C hair.... and I've lived in Florida my entire life so humidity has been a constant battle (I've yet to really win).

[IMG]file:///Users/morgan/Pictures/Photo%20Booth/Photo%20207.jpg[/IMG]

As you can see, my hair is very long... almost to my waist. Saturday will actually be a year since my last cut... I know... shame on me. But this has purpose. Why? I plan on donating 8+ inches of it to Pantene Beautiful Lengths so women who lost their hair due to cancer treatment can also enjoy what I've taken for granted all these years. This will happen soon... when I decide on a style.

Anyways, after all my researching, this is my current regimen:

Low-poo: DevaCurl Low-Poo
Co-wash: Suave Naturals Waterfall Mist Conditioner
Rinse-out: Matrix Biolage Conditioning Balm ; and testing out Tresemme Naturals Nourishing Moisture and Garnier Fructis Triple Nutrition
Leave-in: any of the above conditioners
Gel: Herbal Essences He Set Me Up (though I've yet to use it)

It's a work in progress. The pic is from day two, sans gel. Hopefully it looks better after some time... and a hair cut :)
CG'er since June '10 from humid Central FL

Brunette 2/m/ii-iii/high porosity/PS/frizz prone
Low-poo: DevaCurl
Co-wash/LI: Tresemme Naturals Nourishing Moisture
RO: Yes To Carrots
Stylers: homemade salt spray, HESMU gel & spray gel, SIF and sometimes fsg if I've made it

Cut 10 ins off on 7/16/10 and donated it to Pantene Beautiful Lengths in honor of my dad :icon_smile:

Comments

• GretchenGretchen Administrator Posts: 10,840Moderators Curl Virtuoso
    Welcome! We're so glad you've joined our community.

Gretchen
    NaturallyCurly.com co-founder
    3A

You are beautiful!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file