Stickies?

spacedcowgirlspacedcowgirl Posts: 111Registered Users
Gretchen or Michelle,

I hope this is the right place to ask this. I was wondering if there was a reason why threads like The Conditioner Chronicles and laurabeth33's old gel review thread were not stickied? Let me hasten to add that of course you are free to do whatever you like with your site, and I am not trying to be passive-aggressive. I'm just terminally curious and was wondering if there was some rationale there that I wasn't seeing, and that you were willing/able to share with me.

Thanks! :D
2b/2c/3a
Back on CG (OK, I'm a little indecisive).
pw: curls
Currently using: Whole Foods 365 Herbal Mint Conditioner (co-wash), MOP Mixed Greens Conditioner, Paul Mitchell Lite Detangler, CK, ISO Bouncy Creme. Gave up on plopping due to tangles/"stickiness" and now I just comb through products and diffuse. It looks basically as good and dries a lot faster (I wasn't getting good clumps from plopping anyway). Still wish I were a lot curlier!

Comments

• GretchenGretchen Administrator Posts: 10,840Moderators Curl Virtuoso
    It's a complicated issue and Michelle and I discussed it at length but finally came up with a decision not to sticky reader threads such as those you reference.

Stickies are generally reserved for communication from us to the readers. The conditioner thread is not something sanctioned or requested by NaturallyCurly.com (that's not to take away from it... it's an amazing piece of work!); stickies denote something "offifcial", however.

Further, we have a vehicle for product reviews and a format that allows for a greater diversity of opinion and thought. For this reason and others, we'd prefer that people use that method of reviewing. We're certainly not going to stop people from posting reviews on the boards or on their blogs, but the product review area is one where a variety of people and hair types can add their reviews.

Thank you for the question! It was a good one.

Gretchen
    NaturallyCurly.com co-founder
    3A

You are beautiful!
  • spacedcowgirlspacedcowgirl Posts: 111Registered Users
    Thanks! That makes sense and I appreciate the response. :)
    2b/2c/3a
    Back on CG (OK, I'm a little indecisive).
    pw: curls
    Currently using: Whole Foods 365 Herbal Mint Conditioner (co-wash), MOP Mixed Greens Conditioner, Paul Mitchell Lite Detangler, CK, ISO Bouncy Creme. Gave up on plopping due to tangles/"stickiness" and now I just comb through products and diffuse. It looks basically as good and dries a lot faster (I wasn't getting good clumps from plopping anyway). Still wish I were a lot curlier!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file