Just an introduction...

LexLionessLexLioness Posts: 70Registered Users
Hi, new here :)
I've been lurking for a few months but finally decided to register. SO glad I did!
Since about December, I've been dedicated to wearing my hair natural as much as possible (before this I put my hair through a lot of hell -- straightening, using nasty box dyes, even BLEACHED my whole head about 2 years ago, bleached in streaks, all sorts of stuff...)
Despite the switch to wearing it natural, it wasn't until VERY recently that I decided I should toss out my shampoo and conditioner and attempt the CG way. So far, I think I have a pretty good idea on how to take my 3b hair to its full potential, but still want to do more research before I take the plunge. I haven't done any rinses or anything but yesterday instead of shampooing/conditioning my hair in the shower, I used Dr. Bronner's peppermint soap, and I ALREADY noticed how much clumpier and ringlet-y my hair is!
As well as this I've been looking into henna coloring because as a natural brunette I like to add a bit of red tone to my hair (looks marvelous in the sun!)
Anyway... just wanted to post an intro and give a big hello to everyone!

-Lex the lioness
type 3a/b, baby fine to medium, normal to high porosity except the canopy which is high.
-
recently chopped off about 4" - HOW LIBERATING!!! Learning to love my hair again instead of hating it for being a knotty mess.

Comments

• curlypearlcurlypearl Posts: 12,224Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    A big hello back at you. Welcome!
    2/c Coarse hair med. density.
    Highly porous. Color over grey.
    I love all the Curl Junkie products. Still experimenting with gels and curl creams. Still hoping for 2nd day hair....
    Every day is a gift :flower:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file