CurlTalk

Granola recipes

curlylauracurlylaura Posts: 8,352Registered Users
I have a taste for granola at the moment and the commercial one I get is way to expensive for the small amount in the box (I buy it as a treat at the moment). I've found some recipes that will make large amounts of yummy breakfast cereal.

But I have a question:

Does the granola need both maple syrup and honey? It seems a bit overkill with the sugar.

Do you have a favourite granola recipe?
Fat does not make you fat. It's actually pretty important.

Comments

• SariaSaria Posts: 15,963Registered Users
    You can use any sweetener you like and sweeten to taste. Applesauce is a nice addition. I make a few different types of granola depending on the mood. People like them a lot. I might post a couple that I like later.
    por-que-no-te-callas.jpg
  • The New BlackThe New Black Posts: 16,738Registered Users
    Barefoot Contessa makes a very quick and simple granola that I used to make a lot. I'll look for it.
    montage-3.gif No MAS.

I am the new Black.

"Hope the Mail are saving space tomorrow for Samantha Brick's reaction piece on the reactions to her piece about the reactions to her piece." ~ Tweet reposted by Rou.
  • PixieCurlPixieCurl Posts: 5,656Registered Users
    I just tried this recipe for the first time and it's cooling now. I'll report back after I try some (probably breakfast tomorrow).

ETA: OK I just tried some as I was transferring it to a container, and it's really good. I like my granola sweet and this was VERY sweet. Most people would probably find it too sweet, actually. The only modifications I made were that I used canola oil instead of olive, because I only had EVOO and I was afraid the flavor would be too strong, plus I needed more than 1 tbsp to coat my pan. I did everything else by the recipe, except I added the cranberries and almonds to the pan after I turned off the heat, and stirred it all up before putting on the cookie sheet to cool.
    Faith, 3Aish redhead
    Mama to two wild superheroes and a curly-headed baby boy :love5:
  • PixieCurlPixieCurl Posts: 5,656Registered Users
    OK I had some in my yogurt this morning for breakfast. The verdict: too sweet to eat by itself, but perfect in plain yogurt. Usually I add some honey or maple syrup to my yogurt in addition to granola, but this granola was so sweet that as long as there was some in every bite, I didn't need any additional sweetener for the yogurt. And the recipe was so easy I definitely think I'll use it again.
    Faith, 3Aish redhead
    Mama to two wild superheroes and a curly-headed baby boy :love5:
  • curlylauracurlylaura Posts: 8,352Registered Users
    Coolness. Thanks for the recipes! I'm going to make some granola this weekend.
    Fat does not make you fat. It's actually pretty important.