Hair advice for trekking??!!!

xxmissyxxxxmissyxx Posts: 31Registered Users
Hi guys i'm getting my hair cut next week before i go away for a month for trekking and helping out in an orphanage etc for my world challenge trip - i've always had my hair long but obviously i really need it to be a bit shorter for practical purposes!!

Anyone got any ideas on what to ask for? i'm a bit apprehensive about short hair as my hair is very fine and naturally i have a realllyyyyy high forehead lol!:dontknow: I have 3a hair :)

Comments

• MarcieaMarciea Posts: 148Registered Users
    xxmissyxx wrote: »
    Hi guys i'm getting my hair cut next week before i go away for a month for trekking and helping out in an orphanage etc for my world challenge trip - i've always had my hair long but obviously i really need it to be a bit shorter for practical purposes!!

Anyone got any ideas on what to ask for? i'm a bit apprehensive about short hair as my hair is very fine and naturally i have a realllyyyyy high forehead lol!:dontknow: I have 3a hair :)

My advice would be no matter how much you cut off, make sure that it can be pulled into a ponytail. To me, nothing is worse when you're running around all sweaty to have hair that won't fit up. Also, I've found that when it's too short to put up that you are constantly styling your hair.
    3A!
    Low Poo: GTTT, TJ's Refresh

Rinse Out: LVP, TJ's Nourish, GFTN, 365, SSCC
    Styling: HEBE,
    Biotera Curl Cream/Gel, Marie Dean, EW SAJ, Pink Boots, Re:Coil, KCCC, CK
  • kasdenkasden Posts: 1,045Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    xxmissyxx wrote: »

I hope you don't mind me posting on the curly teen board, I haven't been a teen in a long time! I just wanted to say I am SOOOOO impressed that you are trekking and helping out an orphanage. YAY!!!! :cheers:

I would definitely just do the ponytail thing with a cute baseball cap and not worry about having to style your hair. You won't have to worry about taking so many hair products and the cap will keep the sun off your face and help keep you cool!

Have a GREAT time!!!!! :blob2:
    2c/3a, fine, low-med porosity, below BSL, mod CG since 9/09

"I'm fairly certain that given a cape and a nice tiara, I could save the world." - Leigh Standley
  • xxmissyxxxxmissyxx Posts: 31Registered Users
    thankyou so much guys!! i hadnt thought of a ponytail but actually it makes a lotttt more sense :) sooo exited!!!!:wav:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file