some pics and a funny

marielle448marielle448 Posts: 1,823Registered Users
Ian loves playing with his playmobil nativity set and he's even starting to put the main pieces of the story of the nativity/jesus's birth together. I love to watch him pose the figures how he feels the scene should play out. Last week he added two resin lions that were about as big as Joseph and looming over Baby Jesus. Yup. :shock:

Today's setup was just . . . precious. Apparently the electric slide was popular even in biblical times. Or at least that's the only explanation I could come up with when I encountered this on the dining room table:

DSC04228.jpg

Yes, that's the shephard and three kings all doing some sort of line dance with the angel at the end of the conga line. Now I did recall hearing him mumble something about "sit like this" and I'm guessing the very rigid plastic capes on these figurines prevented them from sitting like Mary (apparently Joseph doesn't get the privilege of sitting, don't know why). But I couldn't help and snap a quick pic of this one and promise to one day ask him when he's a grown man, "what were you thinking son?".

and just because I had them up on my PC, here's some recent shots of our guys.

This is Ryan last week and yes the turtleneck bodysuit, socks and no pants. Courtesy of daddy who apparently finds pants too hard to do at home. So now my toddler gets home and commences the stripping as part of his "settling in" routine.

DSC04221.jpg

this is what you get when you ask a toddler to say "cheese"

DSC04218.jpg

Comments

• marielle448marielle448 Posts: 1,823Registered Users
    oh and a really cruddy birthday shot of Ian and me. This was after 2 hours of jumping in a bouncy house. We asked the kiddos to show up in PJs since it was late afternoon/evening on a Sunday night. All the parents reported success - every child fell asleep on the way home LOL:

DSC04194.jpg
  • PhDCowPhDCow Posts: 1,621Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Oh! Aren't they just darling!
    God doesn't give special kids to special parents. He takes ordinary, imperfect people, and gifts them with his greatest treasures. And therein, he creates special parents.

• CGNYCCGNYC Posts: 4,938Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    So cute and they look so different from the last pics I saw. They're so grown up!
  • DarkAngelDarkAngel Posts: 2,671Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    lol. The line dancing nativity scene is hilarious. I don't know if I have ever seen a picture of you. Very pretty.
    image.php?type=2&o=5&c=1&date=2009-10-07&babyname=Sebastian

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." -- Theodor Seuss Geisel
  • WileE-DeadWileE-Dead Banned Posts: 24,963Banned Users Curl Neophyte
    You look great girl :)
    Your kiddos are so cute & getting so big!
    lol @ Ian putting lions over baby Jesus
    My hubby does the same no pants thing too...lol
    My little one has admired the figures from afar...I'm keeping them away for now...hehe
    I can't wait to see what happens when we set everything up this w/e.
    Hubby wants to wait until this w/e to set everything up :roll:
    0004.gif

Ever since the sports thread wars I have sensed a special connection between [edit] & Wile. Like the connection oil has to water. I almost can't speak of it. Wait....my eyes are misting. ~asq
    Let’s just stay together and tell the world to kiss our ass. ~P

• geekygeeky Posts: 4,995Registered Users
    Awww. They are such big boys, and so precious.
    To Trenell, MizKerri and geeky:
    I pray none of you ever has to live in a communist state.

Geeky is my hero. She's the true badass. The badass who doesn't even need to be a badass. There aren't enough O's in cool to describe her.
  • SigiSigi Posts: 2,379Registered Users
    It has been a while since we've seen pics of your kids! Ryan has grown so much. I think the last pic I saw was the one in your avatar. Ian is such a big boy now too! What cute kids you have! :D
  • AmnerisAmneris Posts: 15,117Registered Users
    Cute pics! Your boys look quite different from each other.

The Nativity pics are too funny! I didn't know there was a Playmobil nativity - my little niece would love that!
    Get used to me. Black, confident, cocky; my name, not yours; my religion, not yours; my goals, my own; get used to me. -Muhammad Ali

.png

534Pm5.png

• marielle448marielle448 Posts: 1,823Registered Users
    aww thanks! :oops: My family has been longsuffering with the pics but I've told them that it's either I take the pics and send them late or they don't get taken at all. LOL
  • shellibeanshellibean Posts: 4,500Registered Users
    CUTE CUTE CUTE! I love this nativity line dancing and the lions! LOVE IT!
    A closed mind is a wonderful thing to lose.

"...you could have a turd on your head and no one would notice."~Subbrock

"I had an imaginary puppy, but my grandpa ate him."~Bailey
  • wavezncurlzwavezncurlz Posts: 1,814Registered Users
    Cuties!
    And you my dear look adorable!
    HAIRCOLLAGE2010-1-1.jpg[

mini-album w/ various styles for the past 10 years of natural hair:
    http://s29.photobucket.com/albums/c252/wavezncurlz/hair/
    password: curlzorwavez
  • yagottaloveyacurlsyagottaloveyacurls Posts: 5,766Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    THEY ARE GORGEOUS!! I love the line dancing nativity scene.. :lol:
    What neat little kids. sometimes when I see really friggin' cute kids like that, I start thinking...ooooo I kinda want one!!!!!!! :shock:
    Marielle, they are gorgeous, and so are you.
    I haven't seen a pic of you in a long time... :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file