CurlTalk

Pomade?

dannysgirl777dannysgirl777 Posts: 70Registered Users
Anyone try Jason pomade? Or have a great all natural one you can recommend? We are just now getting some heat here in Oregon, and I have never used a natural brand.

Thanks!!!
~Kristen
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]<<-working my way back to this!!
My hair when I was 17 and had no idea how to flatten it.

Comments

• Morgan_AdcockMorgan_Adcock Posts: 2,573Registered Users
    I haven't used the J/A/S/O/N pomade. I can tell you, though, that the Kinky Curly one does grain out. It's still useable, but not as pleasant to use IMO.
    Peace,
    Morgan

Baby Fine 3B, low porosity, normal density and elasticity
    CGing since July 2008
  • AmazinnaturalAmazinnatural Posts: 755Registered Users
    Anyone try Jason pomade? Or have a great all natural one you can recommend? We are just now getting some heat here in Oregon, and I have never used a natural brand.

Thanks!!!

Hey I've used Nature's Blessings hair pomade, and it works great on my hair, it's an all natural hair pomade which is a plus. I live in South Carolina and I humidity over here is ridiculous during the spring/summer time, so I've been using this product to tame my hair. I works great! Oh you may want to google this product because it is not sold in stores.

event.png

Still loving my curls and kinks!
    Products I love:
    Ion Dandruff/Seborrheic Dermatitis Tar Shampoo
    Suave Shea Butter Conditioner
    Biolage Scalp Therapy Shampoo
    Biolage Fortify Therapy Shampoo
    Trader Joe's Tea Tree Tingle Conditioner
    Beautiful Textures Rapid Repair Deep Conditioner
    Shea butter, olive oil, coconut oil, apricot oil, peppermint oil, tea tree oil, and eucalyptus oil
  • DreeemingTreeeDreeemingTreee Posts: 57Registered Users
    M.O.P. (Modern Organic Products) has a great pomade. It's called "glisten high shine pomade" You can it at Ulta, at any salons that sell the MOP line, or online.

HTH
    CG since 04/10 and loving it!
    2b/3a (I think?!)
    Cowash: V05 Kiwi, Suave Naturals Coconut,
    Rinse out: Deva One C, GNTN
    Leave In: KCKT
    Stylers: KCCC, FOTE Aloe, AG Re:Coil, BRHG
    SOTC: Deva Set it Free, MOP Glisten high shine pomade, Coconut Oil
  • ejharbesonejharbeson Posts: 2Registered Users
    I use Carol's Daughter Mimosa Hair Honey and I love it, but the smell is intense and may be off-putting. Also, you really only need to use the tiniest amount. I'm a 3B with moderately thick hair that is very susceptible to humidity, and lightly coating my fingers and running it through my post-shower hair is all it takes.
  • SpiralliSpiralli Posts: 3,654Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    I haven't used it myself, but I thought that John Masters Organics also had a pomade product of some sort.
    Type: 3b/3c (i), below shoulder length.
    CO wash: A-O GPB LYY, Desert Essence Coconut, Oribe Silverati
    Leave-ins: Curl Junkie Beauti-Curls, KCKT, cno overnight
    Styling: BRHG, MGA Sculpting Gel, A-O Mandarin Magic Gel, LOTD AVG, LALSG, CJ Pattern Pusha
    DT: Curl Junkie Deep Fix, Briogeo Don't Despair Repair!