Newbie dont knowbie...

Miss LuMiss Lu Posts: 2Registered Users
Hey Everyone! :p

Just registered, just cut my hair, just began my nappy journey!

well i shaved off almost all my hair (there was really just peach fuzz left on my scalp... lol :headbang:!) my profile pic was taken a few days after my BIG CHOP! (it's been two months now) I decided to go natural after almost losing all my hair line (i had mild traction alopecia) i still do but it's growing in now slowy but surely.

the thing is though, i dont know what my hair texture is, i know according to naturallycurly i am a 4b, but trust me my hair is a lot more kinkier and, drier and harder than what the article says.

This is my second big chop, the last time was in high school and i relaxed eventually because i really was not taking good care of my hair it frustrated me and i just did'nt undrstand it at all.

and when it was long in its natural form before the relax, my hair texture was spongy feeling, very dry, wirey and even raw if i can say that?

my BIG question is.. WHAT IS THIS HAIR TYPE CALLED THEN?:confused4: I am absolutley clueless and quite frankly frustrated!!

can anyone help me?

Comments

• curlypearlcurlypearl Posts: 12,224Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Hi - I loved your title (Newbie not knowbie). If you post on the "General Discussion about Curly Hair" part of this website you'll get good answers to your question. If you have a picture that will help also, but not necessary. Good luck!
    2/c Coarse hair med. density.
    Highly porous. Color over grey.
    I love all the Curl Junkie products. Still experimenting with gels and curl creams. Still hoping for 2nd day hair....
    Every day is a gift :flower:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file