wavy (mixed chick) haircut and color in NYc?

gaucho25gaucho25 Posts: 2Registered Users
Hi everyone-
I have been stalking these forums and would appreciate any advice on a haircut for frizzy wavy to curly hair (depending on the weather and if I can resist the urge to shampoo). My hair is actually pretty fine but can get really big, and I have trouble finding a stylist that understands this.
I'd like a fun haircut for the summer and perhaps some highlights. Does anyone have any recommendations? I've heard good things about Carlos at Mario Diab and Jeff at Self Salon. Does anyone have a preference for one or the other or someone else? Any experiences with coloring, especially for women with a darker olive skintone? Thanks alot for any suggestions. I will let you know how it turns out!

Comments

• rbbrbb Posts: 4,355Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    i don't know jeff at self, but i've been going to carlos for years and have never had anything but a great haircut with him. same for my daughter and several of my friends.
    do you know his background? he worked at devachan for many years, at one point was one of the people who would go around the country doing training sessions. carlos knows wavy/curly hair. if you decide to go to him, you would be in good hands.

3a, some 2c & 3b, medium texture, porosity normal, low elasticity :-(
    washing/cowashing, conditioning, protein tx: curl junkie products
    leave in:curl junkie conditioners and treatments as leave in
    styling: curl junkie 
    sealants - jane carter nourish & shine
  • SystemSystem Posts: 39,060 Administrator
  • gaucho25gaucho25 Posts: 2Registered Users
    Going to book something soon!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights