CurlTalk

Set it Free - how to use?

Do you use SIF before you put on your gel or after? Also, how much do you use?

Any other tips on how to use this stuff?

Thanks!

Comments

  • Ab-starAb-star Posts: 1,128Registered Users
    I use about 4 pumps, sprayed in my hands, to scrunch out the crunch after my hair is fully dry. I also use it on second day hair to tame the frizzies. For second day hair I generally use a couple pumps and smooth it over.
    MY HAIR ALBUM
    pw - jack

    Going natural for the summer...just a dab of ArcAngell!
  • 1curlydoc1curlydoc Posts: 158Registered Users
    I use about 4 pumps, sprayed in my hands, to scrunch out the crunch after my hair is fully dry. I also use it on second day hair to tame the frizzies. For second day hair I generally use a couple pumps and smooth it over.

    Ditto. Except I scrunch it in second day hair too. I love it!
    thick 3b; currently loving Devacurl and Kinky-Curly

  • DarbyDarby Posts: 1,025Registered Users
    I do the same. I mostly just use it on second day hair. Spray 4 sprays into my hands and scrunch in.
    PW:curlyhaired

    Natural hair color - dark brunette
    Fine, thinish hair/3a, 3b
  • icequeenicequeen Posts: 590Registered Users
    Devachan told me to spray it into soaking wet hair before Angell (use about 3-4 pumps on midlength and ends) and then apply gel. Scrunch with paper towels and clip. Use 1-2 light sprays (mist) over clips. Let dry and then spray a small amt. into my hands, rub them together well and scrunch out the my hair.

    I have no luck with 2nd day hair with it. It leaves my hair dull and frizzy. However, after learning their technique I've finally had success. It really does add some shine and hold.
    3a Colored, Layered
    Currently loving:
    Cond: CJ Strengthing, Marie Dean, CJ Curl Rehab
    Leave -In: Marie Dean Red Clover, Coconut Lime Detangler and just about the entire line, CJ Rehab
    Gelly: UFDCM, Paul Brown Geletine Goo
    Towel - HG - Curls Like Us

    Always use the "Icequeen" method for products
  • Gemini13Gemini13 Posts: 5,000Registered Users
    I like it best on post-plopping, damp hair. After I take my hair out of the towel I spray some on my hands then smooth them over my hair.
    Brooklyn, NY

    Hair: 3A/B, Underlayer of 2B
    HG products:
    Winter- Giovanni Tea Tree (co-wash) & 50/50 (condish); Curl Junkie Curl Assurance Leave-In; Curls Milkshake & Quenched Curls; Re:coil; BRHG
    Summer: DevaCurl No Poo & OneC; CK; Re:coil; BRHG; Honey!!!

    fotki pw= crrrls
  • LadyCurlyLocksLadyCurlyLocks Posts: 341Registered Users
    Gemini13 wrote:
    I like it best on post-plopping, damp hair. After I take my hair out of the towel I spray some on my hands then smooth them over my hair.

    That's what I do! Works great. I also use it on frizzy spots by spraying a little on my fingers and smoothing over the problem areas.
    3B Corkscrew... I'm back on the boards now! Just got The Big Chop on Monday, pics coming soon.
  • LadydncingLadydncing Posts: 964Registered Users
    This weekend Devachan styled my hair with just SIF!
    I didn't think that it was going to hold. I always use
    gel. He applied it to sopping wet hair and raked it in,
    dried it and viola!
    Maya
    3b/c CG routine
    HG line DevaCurl
    Password: Locks

    event.png
  • 1curlydoc1curlydoc Posts: 158Registered Users
    This weekend Devachan styled my hair with just SIF!

    Wow, really? How much did he use? Do you usually need a lot of hold? I just might have to try this.
    thick 3b; currently loving Devacurl and Kinky-Curly

  • Ab-starAb-star Posts: 1,128Registered Users
    Ladydncing wrote:
    This weekend Devachan styled my hair with just SIF!
    I didn't think that it was going to hold. I always use
    gel. He applied it to sopping wet hair and raked it in,
    dried it and viola!

    No kidding! My hair is not as curly as yours but I still would like to try this one day. I'll bet there was no crunch at all!
    MY HAIR ALBUM
    pw - jack

    Going natural for the summer...just a dab of ArcAngell!
  • HalfWavyHalfCurlyHalfWavyHalfCurly Posts: 907Registered Users
    Can someone please list the ingredients of SIF here? I was at the website the other night and looked everywhere but I guess now they don't list the ingredients of the products anymore... :( Thanks!
    2A/3A, medium length, layered, colored dark/medium ash blonde - "CGer" since April '02.

    "Converting the 'curlskeptics' one curly head at a time..." HWHC ;-)
  • LadydncingLadydncing Posts: 964Registered Users
    Nope, no crunch at all. Lovely touchable curls! He used a bit more in the back because it tends to be a bit curly back there (maybe 5 sprays) and just raked and played with my hair. He used maybe 3-4 sprays in the front.

    Note: He also left a lot of conditioner in my hair. He left about 80% and applied a bit more especially to the end. If you are going to try this, you may need to adjust depending your curl type. HTH
    Maya
    3b/c CG routine
    HG line DevaCurl
    Password: Locks

    event.png
  • LadydncingLadydncing Posts: 964Registered Users
    Here ya go! :)

    Key Ingredients: Aqueous Extracts of: Achilea Millefolium, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria), Cymbopogon Schoenanthus, Humulus Lupulus (Hops), Melissa Offcinalis (Balm Mint), Rosmarinus Offcinalis (Rosemary), Cetearyl Alcohol, Glycerin, Isopropyl Myristate, Acrylates/C12-22 Alkylmethacrylate Copolymer, Ceteareth-20, PVP, Beeswax, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Lipids, Sodium Hydroxide, DMDM Hydantoin, Fragrance.
    Maya
    3b/c CG routine
    HG line DevaCurl
    Password: Locks

    event.png
  • st. louis bluest. louis blue Posts: 404Registered Users
    I can easily believe that SiF atop a lot of conditioner would work well; but who can afford it? I love SiF, I think it is one of their best products, but I definitely have to use it to augment the cheaper Angell. I just need too much product to use it as the primary holding agent.
  • LadydncingLadydncing Posts: 964Registered Users
    I can easily believe that SiF atop a lot of conditioner would work well; but who can afford it? I love SiF, I think it is one of their best products, but I definitely have to use it to augment the cheaper Angell. I just need too much product to use it as the primary holding agent.

    I agree. Personally, I prefer AnGell besides I can get 2nd hair day with gel. I was unable to get it with SIF.
    Maya
    3b/c CG routine
    HG line DevaCurl
    Password: Locks

    event.png
  • HalfWavyHalfCurlyHalfWavyHalfCurly Posts: 907Registered Users
    Thanks Maya! :D
    2A/3A, medium length, layered, colored dark/medium ash blonde - "CGer" since April '02.

    "Converting the 'curlskeptics' one curly head at a time..." HWHC ;-)
  • curlsofnycurlsofny Posts: 478Registered Users
    Ladydncing wrote:
    Nope, no crunch at all. Lovely touchable curls! He used a bit more in the back because it tends to be a bit curly back there (maybe 5 sprays) and just raked and played with my hair. He used maybe 3-4 sprays in the front.

    Note: He also left a lot of conditioner in my hair. He left about 80% and applied a bit more especially to the end. If you are going to try this, you may need to adjust depending your curl type. HTH


    OMG!! that is amazing!! Did you hair get poofy or big by the end of day? I might try this on a day I have no plans!!! Sounds too good to be true for my hair though :?
  • LadydncingLadydncing Posts: 964Registered Users
    curlsofny wrote:
    Ladydncing wrote:
    Nope, no crunch at all. Lovely touchable curls! He used a bit more in the back because it tends to be a bit curly back there (maybe 5 sprays) and just raked and played with my hair. He used maybe 3-4 sprays in the front.

    Note: He also left a lot of conditioner in my hair. He left about 80% and applied a bit more especially to the end. If you are going to try this, you may need to adjust depending your curl type. HTH


    OMG!! that is amazing!! Did you hair get poofy or big by the end of day? I might try this on a day I have no plans!!! Sounds too good to be true for my hair though :?

    No, not at all. Hair looked lovely for exactly one day. I tried to get 2nd day and couldn't. I had to re-wet then next day and applied gel instead.
    Maya
    3b/c CG routine
    HG line DevaCurl
    Password: Locks

    event.png
  • DarbyDarby Posts: 1,025Registered Users
    icequeen wrote:
    Devachan told me to spray it into soaking wet hair before Angell (use about 3-4 pumps on midlength and ends) and then apply gel. Scrunch with paper towels and clip. Use 1-2 light sprays (mist) over clips. Let dry and then spray a small amt. into my hands, rub them together well and scrunch out the my hair.

    I have no luck with 2nd day hair with it. It leaves my hair dull and frizzy. However, after learning their technique I've finally had success. It really does add some shine and hold.

    Are you still having luck with that? I just went to a Lorraine M. taught person and she told me to put the SIF in soaking wet hair too. I hadn't been using it like that and so I couldn't decide if I liked it or not but now I'm going to try it in wet hair. And she taught me how to put clips in.
    Do you get second day hair with these products?
    PW:curlyhaired

    Natural hair color - dark brunette
    Fine, thinish hair/3a, 3b
  • curlsofnycurlsofny Posts: 478Registered Users
    I have been using it this way, after reading this post & love the way my hair looks! I leave in the One C (a pretty decent amount) & just use SIF as my styler. I sometimes drop a little [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Jessicurl-Confident-Coils-Styling-Solution-p-116.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=jessicurl-confident-coils-styling-solution]Confident Coils[/buylink] on first - but my hair does not look crunchy & so far (knock on wood) looks soft & defined.