Has brainfartitis set in for you yet?

SpiderSpider Posts: 3,381Registered Users Curl Neophyte
I was filling out a form the other night (hospital paperwork) and as I'm writing my employer information, I completely forgot the address ! As hard as I tried I could not recall the numbers and I got really sad :cry:

A couple of weeks ago I lost one of my hoop earrings so I took the other one off and put it in my purse. Thanksgiving morning I found the other one in my bathroom and put it back in, meaning to put the other one that was in my purse in the next time I was in the car ( my purse stays in my car when it's in the garage).

Just a while ago I was looking for something in my purse and found the other earring- so for the last... 6 days I've been walking around with just one earring in my head. :lol:
Don't let your heart be broken. Let it love.

Comments

• HairproductjunkieHairproductjunkie Posts: 363Registered Users
    Um, could you please repeat that question? I can't remember what we were talking about...

Yeah, it has set in. I remember thinking before I got pregnant, when I would witness the "baby brain" thing in other pregnant women, that I was a pretty intelligent person (high IQ, valedictorian of my college, etc.) and that maybe it wouldn't happen to me.

No such luck. Now I'm just happy every day that I remember to put on deoderant.
    GuardianB wrote:
    Southern gals rock :!:
  • imagenimagen Posts: 343Registered Users
    I call it pregnesia, kind of like amnesia but pregnancy induced. Seriously, I've been driving myself nuts with how scatter brained I've been. I am totally embarrassed to admit this one, but if it is consolation to any of you I was sitting on the floor cleaning out my purse last night while watching TV, I looked away from the purse for a minute to watch something, then I thought to myself that I needed to get my cell out of my purse so I started looking all around for it, while it was right there in front of me. :shock: I really could not believe it has gotten so bad, I don't think it was this bad with my son!
    .png

.png
  • DayzieDayzie Posts: 233Registered Users
    Trust me ladies it only gets worse after you have the baby. Sometimes you feel like you've lost your short term completely!
    "You don't stop laughing because you grow old. You grow old because you stop laughing."

"There is so much good in the worst of us and so much bad in the best of us, it hardly behooves any of us to talk about the rest of us."
  • itsjustmeghanitsjustmeghan Posts: 652Registered Users
    Dayzie wrote:
    Trust me ladies it only gets worse after you have the baby. Sometimes you feel like you've lost your short term completely!

i totally agree.
    i have to have a post it on the door to the garage with a checklist of all the things we need to leave for the day, because honestly, between me and owen we have 5 bags all with vital things.
    and yet, even with that post it, i've forgotten owen's diapers before. and just last month i forgot my pump supplies, and had to have my hubby take me to target before work so i could buy something to get me through the day..i realized it only after i went to get out of the car and dh said "do you have your pump stuff?"

:roll: so rediculous.....
    3A Once again on the quest for BSL healthy curly hair....
  • curly_keltiecurly_keltie Posts: 791Registered Users
    Oh the mommy brain has definitely set in. I am mostly forgetting words for things. But other times it is worse. All I can do is laugh about it. I am truly living up to my hair colour's reputation :wink:
    Long, blonde, 3a/mostly b hair.

78Da.jpg78Dam6.png
  • shellibeanshellibean Posts: 4,500Registered Users
    Yes, i have lsot my mind already. My husband and I were playing Scatagories the other night and the catagory was something like "Female historic figure starting with the letter B"- So I put: Barbara Washington. He was like, "Who the hell is THAT?" What was I thinking? It is MARTHA WASHINGTON!! He is still making fun of me!
    A closed mind is a wonderful thing to lose.

"...you could have a turd on your head and no one would notice."~Subbrock

"I had an imaginary puppy, but my grandpa ate him."~Bailey
  • HairproductjunkieHairproductjunkie Posts: 363Registered Users
    shelli wrote:
    Yes, i have lsot my mind already. My husband and I were playing Scatagories the other night and the catagory was something like "Female historic figure starting with the letter B"- So I put: Barbara Washington. He was like, "Who the hell is THAT?" What was I thinking? It is MARTHA WASHINGTON!! He is still making fun of me!

The funny thing is that I had to read your post twice before I figured out what you had said that was wrong. :lol:
    GuardianB wrote:
    Southern gals rock :!:
  • inheritedcurlsinheritedcurls Posts: 2,954Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Dayzie wrote:

I completely agree. I have said some really funny and really goofy stuff. The good thing is I don't remember what I've done. :lol:

I also have noticed that I am more clumsy now than I was during my pregnancy. I have more bruises on my shins from running into things and tripping since Chas has came.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file