Lavendar curls....

rymorg2rymorg2 Registered Users Posts: 2,571
I tried the Ava's Aussie combo with the MG and I like it a lot! Good hold, it stays put, but not so crunchy or yukky, it's still a soft hold in my uber-thick, coarse hair. Thanks for the rec!

Got any other recs for extra hold on days where I have to have a good hair day? I was thinking of the scrunch spray or something similar, or a hairspray that is cone free and cg friendly? I co wash, I'm pretty much straight cg and not modified.

Oh, yeah, I did skip one thing when I started all of this, I forgot to clarify all the cones from my old shampoo/condish out! LOL! My waves fell flat the first two days, but today they are touchable but staying in place! So hopefully I'll have good luck with it now.

Thanks again for all your help! ;)
Cosmetology Educator with sensitivities, eczema and Seborrheic Dermatitis.
Low poo: looking
COWash: Eden, cheapo condish, CJDF
RO: varies
Protein: CJCF or CJRM
DT: CJHBDF, CJCR, DBPC
LI: varies, usually KCKT
Stylers: KCCC, CRNCM, UFDCM, Curls gel, ecostyler

Lady Karaan, High Priestess of Hayr Tretements in the Order of Curly Crusaders
Fotki updated 10/12/10 Password: wavy
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comments

• LavenderCurlsLavenderCurls Registered Users Posts: 1,478 Curl Connoisseur
    Yay, so glad the revised Ava's Aussie Combo worked for you :D !

I have the Sprunch spray but don't care for it, plus I *think* without having the bottle here at work, it has the evil cone (cyclopentasiloxane) in it. I use Herbal Essence Set Me Up Hairspray when I need some hairspray. That evil cone is definitely something to stay away from and alot of the Aussie and Tresamme products has it in them. So be sure to read labels.

Probably the best firm hold gel is Biosilk Rock Hard Gelee (you'll see it listed around here as either BRHG or RHG).

You'll probably find you'll have to clarify once in awhile when you find that your hair won't do diddly squat for a few days on end :? :lol: .

Glad I could help :D:wink: !
    CG-modified since 4/05
    2b/3a and 3b on occasion!
    Products: The hair aisle in my own cabinets. :roll:
    Best definition winner: KCCC
    Best volume winner: LOOB
  • rymorg2rymorg2 Registered Users Posts: 2,571
    Yeah, wasn't sure about that one. I'm getting the hang of the ingredients but still forget about the -xanes being cones. Other than the occasional clarifying, I'm hoping to completely be rid of shampoos. Occasional meaning maybe once a month hopefully. I'd love to clarify with just the Suave clarifying condish, but not sure if it will do the job, even though I'm trying to completely stay away from cones. I'll have to get some HE smu spray, I may eventually try the smu gel too, but for now this is working. Thanks again! ;)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • LavenderCurlsLavenderCurls Registered Users Posts: 1,478 Curl Connoisseur
    I use the Suave Clarifying poo and like it. I use it only about 2-3 times a month. In fast, I need to get some more. Suave changed up all their stuff since I bought it last and I need to find out what the new bottle looks like :shock: :lol: !
    CG-modified since 4/05
    2b/3a and 3b on occasion!
    Products: The hair aisle in my own cabinets. :roll:
    Best definition winner: KCCC
    Best volume winner: LOOB
  • rymorg2rymorg2 Registered Users Posts: 2,571
    LOL, the one I got was in a clear bottle, of course the shampoo is clear, and the pic on the front looks like a drop of water dispersing into more water, if you know what I mean....

My dh said just now "you're getting ringlets".....they're big but they're there......something's gotta be working! The last few days with just the TNF by 6 (my hair being completely dry around 2) my hair went pfttttt and fell, and today with clarifying and the MG first, then TNF over, it stayed! So I'm pretty pleased.

I'll go in the next few days to get the smu spray. Got two things going on this weekend I gotta have good hair for, a christmas party at church and my dd's birthday party on Sat.

Thanks again! :)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • EmeraneleeEmeranelee Registered Users Posts: 2

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file