Want to start CG: Type 3c hair

CurlyMomof3CurlyMomof3 Posts: 69Registered Users
I am cutting off my relaxed ends on July 1. Once I am "officially" curly again, I want to try the CG method.

What conditioners do you recommend for (1) Co-Washing and (2) as the followup conditioner?

My hair type is 3c and I do like a bit of weight on my curls, if that makes sense. Thanks!
3b curly with some 3c thrown in at the crown. Fine, high porosity, dense curls styled in a curly bob,

Last Japanese TR in March 2008. BC in July 2010 and now 100% natural. :afro:

CG since September 2010.

Currently co-washing with Suave Naturals or V05 Moisture milks, conditioning with Triple Condition, and styling with LALSG. That's it!

Comments

• curlycookiecurlycookie Posts: 106Registered Users
    Hey CurlyMomof3, I'm a curly mom of 4 :angel5:!! I am also a 3c and just trimmed off the rest of my relaxed ends in April~this is the first time I have been natural since I was a kid.
    I have been using GF Triple Nutrition as a co-wash (I don't really like it tho, it doesn't have enough slip for me and I need to use gobs of it to get thru my hair), it's almost gone and then I'm gonna try Tresemme Naturals conditioner as my co-wash (I've read lots of good stuff about it on this site and it's cheap!). For my leave in, I do love GVP Conditioning Balm from Sally's ($6 for 16oz)...it's really thick and I only need a little, even with all my giant head of hair, lol!
    Hope that helps!!
    3c fine and frizzy
    Last relaxer Oct 08
    Sham: Say Yes to Carrots, Eluence MB
    Co Wash: Tresemme Naturals, Say yes to Cukes, Elucence moisture balancing Cond
    Leave In: AOHR, Elucence
    DC: MC DeepCond, Aussie 3-minute miracle, CJ Curl Rehab
    Style with: Curl Keeper/AG Re:coil; KCCC, Jane Carter's Nourish & Shine, KC Gloss Pomade, Coconut Oil

Saved by Grace...I'm a child of the KING!!
  • only1frenchyonly1frenchy Posts: 58Registered Users
    I am also 3c ....i cut off my relaxed ends in feb 2008 ....check out my blog for tips, information and products...also meet other curlies and see what they are doing :) Hope you like it www.only1frenchy.com
    Follow my Blog: www.curliefries.com
    Fotki: http://members.fotki.com/only1frenchy/
    Last relaxer: Aug. 2006
    BC: Feb. 2008
    CG: 1/17/10

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file