VO5 Tea Therapy

Who all has ever used VO5 Tea Therapy? I just boght some today and I didn't see in the ingredients any proteins or anything else bad for CG. Am I right? I hope I didn't overlook anything in the ingredients.

Comments

• KaiaKaia Registered Users Posts: 8,815 Curl Connoisseur
    It is CG. I've used it, and it's a pretty good co-wash. It's pretty moisturizing as co-washes go, and ended up being too heavy for me. If your hair need s a lot of moisture though, it should work well.
    *Poster formerly known as Bailey422*

Here's all you have to know about men and women: women are crazy, men are stupid. And the main reason women are crazy is that men are stupid. ~ George Carlin
  • HalfWavyHalfCurlyHalfWavyHalfCurly Registered Users Posts: 907
    The VO5 were on sale for $0.79 (84¢ after tax) at a supermarket I went to the other day so when I noticed that the Tea Therapy didn't have proteins I grabbed a bottle of the Chamomile. I too felt maybe sometimes it would be better to use something protein-free to wash with. Just now I was looking for another thread and I found this, I'm glad to hear Bailey that it's moisturizing because I really do need that. :D
    2A/3A, medium length, layered, colored dark/medium ash blonde - "CGer" since April '02.

"Converting the 'curlskeptics' one curly head at a time..." HWHC ;-)
    I don't know if you've already tried it, but I found the VO5 passion fruit to be a pretty moisturizing as a co-wash as well. It also contains peach extract, which seems to encourage clumping for a lot of us. Doesn't the tea therapy smell nice though? I thought it was a very relaxing scent.

Here's all you have to know about men and women: women are crazy, men are stupid. And the main reason women are crazy is that men are stupid. ~ George Carlin
    Oh girl, don't try to tempt me to get more stuff I don't really need :lol: but, dang, clumping is something my hair needs! I don't know if it was you or someone else here that I saw mentioned the PF before as being good, but, you know, I had that one in my hand the other day at Albertson's. But I don't know why it's not featured in the VO5 website, is it one of the Moisture Milks? I also don't see another one with a name like Ocean Spa (or something...) that sounded alright but in the MMs I see one called "Creamy Fresh Peaches", hmmm!

Of the 3 main brands of cheap COs I've always been more partial to VO5 and have noticed that they seem to work better for others too when Suave does not. Yesterday I was at the Dollar tree and they had big bottles (50% more) of several "flavors" on the shelves. :roll: And when I was done there I stopped at a Walgreen's to pick up their flier and decided to browse at the hair product aisle and the VO5 are on sale "buy 2 get one free" for $1.98 which makes the unit price 67¢, but they only carry like 4 types or so. Derailing from the subject a little, I noticed almost all the L'Oreal StudioLine products were gone. There were other products that had a "last chance" sticker so I began wondering if Walgreen's is just not going to carry them anymore. I looked up the famous "Activate" but at least that store doesn't sell it, I'm just going to have to search online because I'm curious about what's in it.
    2A/3A, medium length, layered, colored dark/medium ash blonde - "CGer" since April '02.

• Gemini13Gemini13 Registered Users Posts: 5,000
    I've used the white one (I forget what it's called). It's good for a co-wash.
    Brooklyn, NY

Hair: 3A/B, Underlayer of 2B
    HG products:
    Winter- Giovanni Tea Tree (co-wash) & 50/50 (condish); Curl Junkie Curl Assurance Leave-In; Curls Milkshake & Quenched Curls; Re:coil; BRHG
    Summer: DevaCurl No Poo & OneC; CK; Re:coil; BRHG; Honey!!!

fotki pw= crrrls
    That's the one I have, it's called Calming Chamomile. :)

Bailey422 wrote:
    I don't know if you've already tried it, but I found the VO5 passion fruit to be a pretty moisturizing as a co-wash as well. It also contains peach extract, which seems to encourage clumping for a lot of us. Doesn't the tea therapy smell nice though? I thought it was a very relaxing scent.

Ok, you won, K-mart had VO5 on sale for just 69¢ and I went there yesterday really to get the K&L for a cousin because I washed her hair with it a couple of weeks ago and she liked it but couldn't find it around where she lives. I saw the Passion Fruit and at that price I just "had" to get it :lol:. I ended up not getting the K&L because it was the new formula and until I know if it's as good as (or maybe better than) the old one I'm not taking any chances, so I went and got the old one at the Dollar Tree.

Now I have a question for you "missy": have you used the PF as a leave in with no gel? If so, how did it go? I'd like to try it that way but would prefer to have some imput first... Thanks!

• RedheadCurly2007RedheadCurly2007 Registered Users Posts: 230
    I have not read the entire thread ladies but I just want you all to know I stopped by the dollar store in my neigborhood and I saw Alberto Vo5 Tea Tree Therapy, as well as several other good cowashes, depending on your opinion. Some people are sensitive to the proteins I guess.

I found I had been using V05 and Suave too often. Good luck everyone, and happy curls!!! :lol:
    3B, CG,Corkscrew
    Xtramoist shampoo, Fastfood leave on, Recoil, varnish Gel-Herbal Essances, Totally Twisted
    Irish-American Curly
    Never try to be something you are not, and never be afraid to be who you are.
    RedheadCurly
    Now I have a question for you "missy": have you used the PF as a leave in with no gel? If so, how did it go? I'd like to try it that way but would prefer to have some imput first... Thanks![/color]
    Nope, I don't ever use my co-washes as leave-ins, nor do I ever go without gel or mousse. I'm guessing it might work. I have a few leave-ins I'm really happy with, so I haven't really been tempted to experiment. Also this may be silly, but I don't know if I want to have a cheap product like this in my hair all day. I don't care much what I use to co-wash with, but if it's sitting on my head all day, it's gotta be good. :lol:

Thanks for the reply. I have a totally different view than yours about what to use for a CO wash that perhaps you should consider. I prefer to wash with better stuff because that is going to be rubbed and ABSORBED by the pores of the scalp and end up in the blood, from which it has to be detoxified by the liver and then filtered by the kidneys (phew!). Looking at it as just one thing it seems like nothing, but if you add to that other ingredients that are in body washes, creams, lotions, make-up, etc., that we use on a daily basis PLUS all the pesticides, preservatives, colorants and other additives in our food and the many pollutants in the air then it is not such a minor thing (see chemical body load, whereas what "sits" on the hair is not going anywhere so it won't hurt our health (except for allergens). So, as long as it works I couldn't care less if it's cheap as dirt.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file