Preggies--do you talk to your baby?

HairproductjunkieHairproductjunkie Posts: 363Registered Users
I catch myself doing this a lot, and was wondering if I am the only one...

Whenever I get a minute to myself, like when I'm driving to work, I will talk to the little one and tell him/her how much I love it, and how excited I am to be its mom, where we're going, or just whatever else is on my mind. Is it the pregnancy hormones, or do others do this as well?
GuardianB wrote:
Southern gals rock :!:

Comments

• AmnerisAmneris Posts: 15,117Registered Users
    I do... even though it's still so early!
    Get used to me. Black, confident, cocky; my name, not yours; my religion, not yours; my goals, my own; get used to me. -Muhammad Ali

.png

534Pm5.png

• imagenimagen Posts: 343Registered Users
    This morning when I woke up I said good morning to the baby and I was met with a barrage of squirms and kicks! It just melt my heart! :D
    .png

.png
  • geekygeeky Posts: 4,995Registered Users
    I never did. Never felt the urge to. I wonder if it will be the same or different should I have another child.
    To Trenell, MizKerri and geeky:
    I pray none of you ever has to live in a communist state.

Geeky is my hero. She's the true badass. The badass who doesn't even need to be a badass. There aren't enough O's in cool to describe her.
  • SpiderSpider Posts: 3,381Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I do a bit, just little things like "Ouch- what're you doing in there!" or "did you like lunch today?" but not all the time. :wink:
    Don't let your heart be broken. Let it love.
  • WileE-DeadWileE-Dead Banned Posts: 24,963Banned Users Curl Neophyte
    Yep!
    And used to read to the baby all the time too.
    Now the little one loves books...lol
    0004.gif

Ever since the sports thread wars I have sensed a special connection between [edit] & Wile. Like the connection oil has to water. I almost can't speak of it. Wait....my eyes are misting. ~asq
    Let’s just stay together and tell the world to kiss our ass. ~P

• goldencurlygoldencurly Posts: 2,385Registered Users
    Yes, I do. And I read aloud to it. By the time you are 4 months preggo, the baby can hear 8)
    ________
    Pocket Vaporizers
  • SystemSystem Posts: 39,059 Administrator
    nope.
  • PoPo Posts: 2,607Registered Users
    Not really.

I did have a really bad fight with my boyfriend once while I was pregnant and I cried myself to sleep and told DJ-fetus I was sorry I picked such a horrible father for him. :lol:
    3c/4a
  • loosecurlsloosecurls Posts: 637Registered Users
    I did---I even used to put headphones on my belly & play music. In utero Bets loved Bobby McFerrin & the Nutcracker Suite!!
    Slinky's rule for NC.com:

I suppose I can't judge you because you married a serviceman and it is wartime. Boo hoo. You must be loney sitting at home with nothing else to do but pick on people. Why don't you go masterbate again?
  • fuzzbucketfuzzbucket Posts: 996Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    DH and I both tell the baby to stop making mommy feel sick. That is about it.
    Hair type: 3A/B
    I lurk, therefore, I am.
    My Blog
  • bouncebounce Posts: 297Registered Users
    Not really talk, but I would blare my stereo in my car and sing a lot. We had what DH and I called, "Music Appreciation" to and from work - anything from the Stones, to Eminem to Dave Matthews.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file