Nicknames for your child in the womb

HairproductjunkieHairproductjunkie Posts: 363Registered Users
I love hearing all of the cute nicknames people have for their babies before they are born. Right now, we are calling ours "Douglina." :lol: My father, who knows that we have names picked out, and whose first name is Douglas, jokingly commented that if it's a boy, we should name it Douglas, and if it's a girl, Douglina. That makes me smile every time I say it, and it's kind of stuck.

So...sweet pea, peanut..what do/did you call your little one?
GuardianB wrote:
Southern gals rock :!:

Comments

• PhDCowPhDCow Posts: 1,621Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Emma was "lima bean" and Colin was "thumper."
    God doesn't give special kids to special parents. He takes ordinary, imperfect people, and gifts them with his greatest treasures. And therein, he creates special parents.

• DarkAngelDarkAngel Posts: 2,671Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Xander was "Twitch." He moved an insane amount. You know how they tell you to do kick counts and you want to get ten or so in an hour. I could get ten from him in under a minute. I worried at one point that he was having seizures or something because he moved so darn much.
    image.php?type=2&o=5&c=1&date=2009-10-07&babyname=Sebastian

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." -- Theodor Seuss Geisel
  • imagenimagen Posts: 343Registered Users
    We jokingly call her April May, April for the month she is due and May because she was conceived in Cape May. Before we knew she was a girl we would call her bean or the blob because thats what she looked like in her first ultrasound picture. :P
    .png

.png
  • AmnerisAmneris Posts: 15,117Registered Users
    I call him "little baby."
    Get used to me. Black, confident, cocky; my name, not yours; my religion, not yours; my goals, my own; get used to me. -Muhammad Ali

.png

534Pm5.png

• geekygeeky Posts: 4,995Registered Users
    I never had one
    To Trenell, MizKerri and geeky:
    I pray none of you ever has to live in a communist state.

Geeky is my hero. She's the true badass. The badass who doesn't even need to be a badass. There aren't enough O's in cool to describe her.
  • Oregano  (formerly babywavy)Oregano (formerly babywavy) Posts: 5,297Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    We always called B the "sea monkey"
    ~ the artist formerly known as babywavy ~

Please excuse any typos. For the time being, we are blaming it on my computer.
  • SpiderSpider Posts: 3,381Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    In my first and early second trimesters, babycenter.com was sending weekly updates comparing the baby to things like sweetpotatoes, zuchinnis... (for size) and I would call the baby whatever food item it was that week.

Now that it's bigger, and we know it's a boy, most of the time we call it BBC - for BabyBoyC(lastname).
    Don't let your heart be broken. Let it love.
  • goldencurlygoldencurly Posts: 2,385Registered Users
    My daughter was called the lizard because that's what she looked like in her first US (around 7 weeks - I had some early problems that all turned out fine.) At that point in the baby's developement, the head and spinal cord have formed but they are too big for the body, so the baby has a "tail" which later shifts upwards as the body grows to catch up and the hips form :lol:

This go around, we called the baby "the alien" because of the saucer eyes, huge head in the first US pics. After the second US, we just call it the baby. My daughter (9) calls it the Karate Kid :lol:
    ________
    Live Sex Webshows
  • loosecurlsloosecurls Posts: 637Registered Users
    until we knew she was a girl (and chose her name) we called her shemp. It came from when I was throwing up daily & joking that there were 17 babies in there (huey dewey, louie, curly, larry, moe, shemp, etc)
    Slinky's rule for NC.com:

I suppose I can't judge you because you married a serviceman and it is wartime. Boo hoo. You must be loney sitting at home with nothing else to do but pick on people. Why don't you go masterbate again?
  • PoPo Posts: 2,607Registered Users
    no name
    3c/4a
  • SweetPicklesSweetPickles Posts: 850Registered Users
    :oops: Um, we called her The Parasite for a REALLY long time. I stopped when I mentioned this nickname to my shrink and he said, "Well, really, you ought to reserve that name for such a time as she's thirty-five, unemployed, and still living in your basement."
    Hair type: Completely confused: mostly 3a, some 3b parts, and even 2 in places; very fine and thin.
    Products: Elucence clarifying & MBC; CK, F/X Curl Booster Fixative Gel (when I can find it)
  • geekygeeky Posts: 4,995Registered Users
    Actually I think he was the little alien for a while, because he looked like an alien on the US.
    To Trenell, MizKerri and geeky:
    I pray none of you ever has to live in a communist state.

Geeky is my hero. She's the true badass. The badass who doesn't even need to be a badass. There aren't enough O's in cool to describe her.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file